Download.com Site Feedback forum

General discussion

then babylon, now claro why allow such nasty browser

by jraju / December 16, 2012 10:01 AM PST

Sir,

Then it was babylon, and funmoods toolbar which proved as annoyance. Now it is claro which is downloaded with the freedownloads in interactive session. Why cnet is allowing this nasty, unfriendly and ugly hijacking browser virus which make dent in registry as well. CNEt has to review otherwise, it will be listed elsewhere

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: then babylon, now claro why allow such nasty browser
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: then babylon, now claro why allow such nasty browser
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
then babylon, now claro
by jraju / December 25, 2012 7:45 PM PST

Hi, I thought that some in the cnet forum or moderator would see my post . But to my surprise, no body has viewed it. Could not cnet do something about third party programs which plays havoc with all the computers.Only experienced persons could get rid of those unwanted programs, and even antivirus program will not catch it, as it is not a virus.

Collapse -
Uninstall instructions for Babylon search engine
by Babylonsupport / January 1, 2013 10:39 PM PST

Hello jraju.
I'm from babylon support team.
Babylon search page is not a browser hijacker and it's actually very easy to remove, please follow this link: http://www.babylon.com/uninstall_search to get full and quick instructions.
Need more?
contact us at support@babylon.com
we'll be glad to help you with any issue.

Collapse -
then babylon......
by jraju / January 2, 2013 4:15 PM PST

Hi,

It is now not known why the babylon is getting installed without uses option. Then only the problem of removing. I request the babylon co. not to allow installation, without user consent

Collapse -
Completely Agree
by markj2911 / February 6, 2013 9:46 PM PST
In reply to: then babylon......

I am completely agree with you, but there is always pop up comes that asks to install this babylon search engine.
Most of the people do not aware and clicks. And the rest history, you know.

Collapse -
babylon and funmoods nasty browser still continue to attack
by jraju / February 7, 2013 11:46 AM PST
In reply to: Completely Agree

Sir,

Yesterday, i was called to clear babylon and funmoods toolbar. How the good download sites are allowing God only knows. It kills all your time and energy for their nasty inroads in to our system for which they have no rights. It took me nearly five 5 whole hours to get rid off . The promising of those companies that they will only infect those who want their downloads would bear no water. So, i have decided not to download any thing from this cnet unless i am doubly sure of the contents of the downloads. Registry hacking is one of the tools that these have inside their uncanny programs. Would you like to see their browsers which so many mobiles dancing and irritating. May the super power atleast advice them in future atleast

Collapse -
i can understand
by markj2911 / February 7, 2013 1:17 PM PST

Hmmm..I can understand your problem.
Actually we are habitual to Google, Yahoo or Bing. So we even don't want to see any other search engine.
But all these (automatic downloads) are the tactics of marketing. Otherwise who uses these irritating search engines(Not even the Babylon Admin team).

Collapse -
then babylone now claro
by jraju / February 8, 2013 7:27 PM PST
In reply to: i can understand

Hi, Not only the time taken to clear these browsers, to delete in registry involves risk of deleting other entries not connected with these hijacks.
Regarding google also, microsoft has written in some scrolleg.com or something that google is also peeping in to the contents of gmail of the individual accounts and google team says that it is doing for legitimate purpose (of passing and selling the information)only. The purpose will be decided by the browsers and not by the users. But google is used as a best search engine for it occupies little space for the browsers and the search is marvellous.
You can search in so many languages and for anything and everything.
Yahoo is not preferred by the users for it contains so many news links of the origin which we do not know, but is a safe engine when compared to these other browser hijacks.
Please see this article
http://home.mcafee.com/virusinfo/virusprofile.aspx?key=1063106#none to get a sample of these kind of browsers. The link is for funmood ,

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.