Speakeasy forum

General discussion

The two most widely published books in the world

by Ziks511 / April 7, 2009 9:38 PM PDT

One, the Bible of course, Two, Chairman Mao's Little Red Book.

From the sublime to the ridiculous in one short step, I say this who has read both much of the Bible, and The Little Red Book.

I remember quite a bit from the Bible, and nothing at all from Chairman Mao's little Red pocket stuffer.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The two most widely published books in the world
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The two most widely published books in the world
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
In the case of the Bible, the issue is not
by Desperado JC / April 7, 2009 9:43 PM PDT

how much one has read. The issue is how much of it one has put into practice.

Collapse -
It's a process of selection.
by Dan McC / April 7, 2009 10:27 PM PDT

I'm sure you don't want anyone following Lot's parenting advice! For one.

Collapse -
Speaking of which:
by drpruner / April 7, 2009 11:26 PM PDT

Thursday night (09 April) after sunset is the time for the annual memorial of Christ's death, as commanded at Luke 22 and 1 Cor 11.

You're all invited to your nearest Kingdom Hall for a short talk on the subject, followed by a memorial of the original covenant-making. Takes about an hour, and is very informative. No collections ever. Bring a Bible if you have one.

Collapse -
(NT) If I may presume for all of us, Thank you Doug, good idea.
by Ziks511 / April 8, 2009 1:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Speaking of which:
Collapse -
(NT) Ummm...
by Dan McC / April 8, 2009 8:30 AM PDT
Collapse -
Books that would always sell
by Angeline Booher / April 8, 2009 7:24 AM PDT

My husband was a book seller.

He said there were three topics that would ensure sales of the book. Those three were Lincoln, doctors, and dogs.

He suggested writing a best seller book entitled, 'Lincoln's Doctor's Dog". Happy

Speakeasy Moderator

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.