Speakeasy forum

General discussion

The Toddler's Laws of Ownership

by TONI H / November 8, 2012 8:06 AM PST

The Toddler's Laws of Ownership: 1. If I like it, it's mine. 2. If it's in my hand, it's mine. 3. If I can take it from you, it's mine. 4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine. 5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way. 6. If I'm doing or building something, all the pieces are mine. 7. If it looks just like mine, it's mine. 8. If I think it's mine, it's mine. 9. If it's yours and I steal it, it's mine.
These laws are also the same ones that the liberal Democrats use when writing and passing laws.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The Toddler's Laws of Ownership
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The Toddler's Laws of Ownership
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) like it. True
by James Denison / November 8, 2012 8:38 AM PST
Collapse -
And just in case it can't be mine,
by Steven Haninger / November 8, 2012 8:44 AM PST

someone else helped you build it so it's not yours either.

Collapse -
Remember the guy with the ball?
by James Denison / November 9, 2012 4:21 AM PST

He's the one you don't piss off in the neighborhood game, or he'll take the ball and leave for home. It suddenly makes those with nothing left to play the game with, just where they measure up. It's getting time for a lot of the rich to grab theirs and take it home. Then watch the others whine about it. Obama was on TV several times today. I had such fun just hitting the mute button and doing something else till my TV screen was worth viewing and the sound worth hearing again. It's going to be like the second Clinton term, just turn the channel or hit the mute button when he's blathering in public and someone bothers to report on it. Developing the blind eye and the deaf ear during the next 4 years can help a lot.

Collapse -
RE: It's getting time for a lot of the rich to grab theirs
by JP Bill / November 9, 2012 4:27 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) Actually more probably Grover Norquist,the Koch brothers etc
by Ziks511 / November 11, 2012 2:20 AM PST
Collapse -
Wowww! You lived back when only one kid in your whole
by Ziks511 / November 11, 2012 2:18 AM PST

neighbourhood had a baseball/football, whatever??? You must be really, really old. Like pre-WW2 old, because in my not particularly affluent public school years beginning in 1951, I was the only one who didn't have a baseball. I had a glove, but no baseball. Mostly I used an India rubber ball which was heavy, the size of a base ball, bounced really well and drove my mother crazy bouncing off the end wall of our house. Qr we played at recess, same thing, one guy bouncing it off the gym wall and half a dozen kids trying to catch it. (Yes, if it means anything, by 2nd grade I was in a brand new brick school which had a gym/auditorium. It was a big improvement over the frame and clapboard building I started school in.) Catch it on the fly, you get to be the guy who throws it. The object was to put a spin on it so it came off the wall in an unexpected direction so you got to throw again.

You don't have to develop a blind eye or a deaf ear, James. You already have them. that's why you espouse the views you do. You're so out of touch it must be like floating on a cloud.

Rob

Collapse -
Another great moment from Ziks
by James Denison / November 11, 2012 7:34 PM PST
You don't have to develop a blind eye or a deaf ear, James. You already have them. that's why you espouse the views you do. You're so out of touch it must be like floating on a cloud.

Thank you for sharing Ziks.
Collapse -
(NT) Wow, all y'all sound just like toddlers! ^_^
by grimgraphix / November 8, 2012 11:38 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) Decisions......... wipe their tears or change their diapers?
by JP Bill / November 8, 2012 11:46 AM PST
Collapse -
They are pissed because they can't have things their way.
by grimgraphix / November 8, 2012 12:49 PM PST

I was at the grocery store tonight, and walking through it I came upon a small child sitting in the middle of the aisle kicking his feet and screaming and crying. As I came closer, I heard the child's mother asked the child if he was done with his tantrum which caused the child to scream even louder. I smiled knowingly at the mother and nodded, and she smiled back and shrugged her shoulders.

Sometimes there is nothing to be done until the children wear themselves out screaming... and then ask them if they are ready to move on.

Collapse -
Amen Toni,you're preaching to the choir...............
by Tony Holmes / November 9, 2012 8:22 AM PST

I'm a Grandpa x9 and quite familiar with every one of those...Each one brings memories....lol.

I remember as if it were yesterday( over 30yrs),teaching my 3 daughters how to treat each other fairly when I came home with a pie/cake or whatever.

I assigned my oldest daughter(12) the task of cutting the cake while I supervised the fiasco.Her little sisters (10)&( Cool immediately chimed in("No fair Dad,she's gonna cut the biggest piece for herself").

I straightened that crap out quick!! "OK,listen up you guys,your big sister cuts the cake but you(10yr old)& you(8yr old)get to choose your slice before your big sister...Got...It???" ""Yayyyyy!!!!!!"" I never remember seeing a 12yr old measure a cake so carefully......roflmao!!!!

12 yr olds' response:"Dad,why do I have to do that???".....Because,I'm a lot bigger than you are...got it????

Then I take a look at my 19yr old G/son and it brings a tear because I don't want him to experience what I did.When I was his age I was firing a machine gun from a chopper door,trying to stay alive and want to protect him from that!!

I'd like to think that I taught them well

Collapse -
My 20 yr old gdtr Sam
by TONI H / November 9, 2012 5:40 PM PST

would come and stay all summer and most of the winter months with me every year before she started going to school. I have a tall storage cupboard (floor to ceiling) that had doors that would open outward toward the doorway that connected to the livingroom. I gave her a shelf all her own and would put fresh fruit, cookies, her bottle (or later a sippy cup), etc on her shelf and she would get what she wanted on her own whenever the urge struck her. Derek and his friends were all nearing teenage back then and would torment her like crazy to 'give me a bite of that, Sam' if she had a goodie they liked. She learned quickly to open that cupboard door so they couldn't see what she was going to get off the shelf, but she would lean way into the cupboard so that her upper half was completely inside, take a bite of what she wanted, then back out, close the door and walk away. She stopped giving away her goodies to a couple of lazy jerks who didn't want to get off the couch and go get their own treats. LOL

When Derek and Heather left their two boys (both under 3) with me for a week a month ago, I again cleared off that shelf and stocked it for them. When Derek and Heather came back to get them, Derek broke out laughing remembering that shelf and Samantha because his two sons were doing the same thing. The only difference between the boys and Sam was that Sam would dole her treats out carefully so they would last the whole day.....his boys would cram all the goodies they could get into their mouths quickly and within a few minutes the treats were gone and they were crying for more LOL I think it's a guy thing.........

Collapse -
(NT) I very much liked your remebrances, Toni and Tony.
by Ziks511 / November 11, 2012 2:25 AM PST
In reply to: My 20 yr old gdtr Sam
Collapse -
Yep, that looks like the Mantra of the 1%, alright. Isn't it
by Ziks511 / November 11, 2012 2:04 AM PST

engraved in marble and gilded at RNC National Headquarters.

"I worked for a company who ruined itself and the Government bailed it out so I deserve my bonus, because I ... ran the company into the ground and that's a pretty hard thing to do and I'm opposed to all government hand outs except when I get part of them." Another Republican truth.

Yep, Republicans are just Toddlers with more expensive toys. They throw tantrums too, just look at Karl Rove.

Rob

Collapse -
Excuse me but
by TONI H / November 11, 2012 3:22 AM PST

Wasn't it BO who concocted the Auto Bailout deal and gave huge bonuses to those who were left, and what about all the stimulus money for failed green companies who had ceo's who got their bonuses before filing for bankruptcy? That door swings on both sides of the aisle, Rob.

Also.......GM may be alive right now, but it doesn't look good in the near future. Is another auto bailout lurking in the background?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiswoodhill/2012/08/15/general-motors-is-headed-for-bankruptcy-again/

Collapse -
RE: Wasn't it BO who concocted the Auto Bailout deal
by JP Bill / November 11, 2012 3:39 AM PST
In reply to: Excuse me but
Collapse -
Your link
by TONI H / November 11, 2012 5:32 AM PST

dated 12-19-08 shows that Bush approved only $17B......BO pushed it much further and gave many concessions to the unions and bigwigs of the two auto companies, after insisting that the CEO of GM step down......and the concessions included their huge bonuses.

Collapse -
You said
by JP Bill / November 11, 2012 11:29 AM PST
In reply to: Your link
Wasn't it BO who concocted the Auto Bailout deal.

Bush CONCOCTED the Auto Bailout deal/....Obama carried it on.

So the answer to your question is NO, HE didn't. Bush did.
Collapse -
There was no deal with Bush
by TONI H / November 11, 2012 6:48 PM PST
In reply to: You said

The plan was to just give the money without restrictions, just as the original Wall Street Bank Bailout was set up........BO is the one who when new monies were added to the Bush amount who had all the deals and rules added to it.

Collapse -
(NT) Wuz to
by JP Bill / November 11, 2012 7:12 PM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.