Samsung forum

General discussion

The timer, lamp, and standby/temp. light are flashing?!

by kdp1350 / March 22, 2010 3:07 PM PDT

My Samsung 46in. DLP rear projection HD Ready (HLP4663W) television set has just blew something, whether it be the bulb or something else, i'm not sure, however as I was watching TV this noise breaks out of no where and flickers the picture being broadcasted as well as discolored. The noise began to grow so I then turned off the TV, waited a few minutes, turned it back on, and it then didn't show any picture at all, the audio was still being broadcasted however; now the Lamp/Timer/& Standy/Temp. lights are all flashing @ once.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The timer, lamp, and standby/temp. light are flashing?!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The timer, lamp, and standby/temp. light are flashing?!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung DLP HLR4667W -NO PICTURE , NO SOUND .WHATS THE PROB?
by lilblondie007 / March 23, 2010 2:10 AM PDT

HELP !!!! I HAVE A HLR4667W- WORKED GREAT UP UNTIL 2 MONTHS AGO. SET BEGAN TO RANDOMLY POWER OFF .BOTH PICTURE AND SOUND WERE FINE , JUST NEEDED TO BE POWERED BACK ON . TWO WEEKS AGO THE SET SHUT OFF AND NOW WHEN ITS POWERED ON, THERE ISNT A START UP "CHIME" , NO PICTURE , NO SOUND , LAMP IS LIT ( I CAN SEE IT THROUGH THE BACK OF THE SET ) ORDERED BULB , REPLACED IT .. STILL NO PICTURE NO SOUND . THE LAMP LIGHT COMES ON, THEN GOES OUT AND THE TIMER LIGHT COMES ON , FINALLY THE TV GOES TO STANDBY MODE . I CALLED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER. THEY ARE NO HELP.. BEFORE I INVEST MORE MONEY IN THIS TV , CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IT MIGHT BE ??? THE TV IS ONLY 4 YEARS OLD , I WOULD LIKE TO THINK IT WOULD LAST LONGER THAN 4 YEARS. I ALSO DONT WANT TO POUR A TON MORE MONEY INTO IT ON A SERVICE CALL. ANY IDEAS ???

Collapse -
reply to lilblondie007

i have the exact same tv and mine is 3yrs8months old and its doing the exact same thing. 2 years ago it needed a bulb, so i replaced it, and it was fine up until a few days ago, so i replaced the bulb AGAIN, but this time it didnt fix anything, i seem to have the same problem as you except sometimes the screen will say 'no signal'. my audio is through a surround system so i have audio the entire time, just no picture. i thought maybe it has to do with the hdmi connection on the tv. i have no idea and i am ******* furious !

Collapse -
The timer, lamp, and standby/temp. light are flashing?!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 23, 2010 8:35 AM PDT

kdp1350,

The unit may require a technician to inspect and service the unit. However, first try re-seating the lamp by pulling it out and sliding it back in. Sometimes this can clear the error and may fix the problem altogether.

Otherwise, it would be a service issue. I wouldn't be able to diagnose it properly.

--HDTech

Collapse -
52" Samsung around 5yrs old, standby and lamp lights
by rmbocock / September 8, 2012 5:35 AM PDT

I spent 4hr this morning trying to fix my Samsung t.v. I replaced the bulb, cleaned entire insides of t.v., checked if both fans were running, yes, checked for any corrosion or disconnects on boards/wires the best I could, I read several internet sites an kept checking what was suggested, then I found this one, I disconnected the blue & white sensor wire from top connector(right above the bulb casing). I put one end of a piece of wire in each of the holes -2 holes, it didn't work.. I tried several times...I took my piece of wire out and plugged it back into the sensor, then I unplugged the blue and white from bottom connector, this had 3 holes.. I separated one side of my 1 piece of wire (rope type) into 3 and inserted (snugly) into coupling and my tv is now working fine. I had to try this a couple times and discovered that I didn't have my wire pushed in snuggly. I will replace temp sensor, still need to figure out if I need to replace top or bottom panel, I'm guessing the bottom panel ?????? The standby light and bulb light are both off now, yay. I have a large Samsung t.v. I think 52" that I purchased from Circuit City around 5 yrs ago, model # Hl85086W. The problem I was having; Standby Light was on when I'd turn the t.v. on, would hear a low Beeping Noise from back of tv, the Lamp Light would come on I could hear the t.v. would try to turn on and in seconds the t.v. would just Shut Off, Both Lights would stay on, I'd unplug and plug back in and try again and get the exact same thing, Both Lights would come on/ stay on, t.v. would try to turn on and Automatically Shut Off. Thank you krimi !!!, for taking the time a year ago to post this. Very Grateful! Robin from Indiana I hope this helps someone else.

Collapse -
This might help when timer has issue.
by dogmannut / September 17, 2012 3:36 AM PDT
Collapse -
Samsung hdtv model hln5065w
by Sbreeden1973 / August 24, 2015 2:32 PM PDT

I was given this tv and was told it probably only needed a bulb. It did so I put a New one in it and it is still blinking the lamp and temp lights. The tv does absolutely nothing except blink these lights. There is no noise no beeps nothing. The little fuse on the board with the power supply cord is fine and it is getting electricity (I got a shock from touching the back of that board). What else could be wrong with this t.v.?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.