Forum Announcement

Please don't panic! You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

Speakeasy

General discussion

The new Bush candidate, George P. Bush, Jeb's kid

by Ziks511 / November 26, 2012 / 6:32 AM UTC

he's half Hispanic, speaks fluent Spanish, and served in the Navy on station off the coast of Iran during part of the Afghan war. Then again, the article in Slate magazines web site says he served "in" Afghanistan.

Am I overly nit-picky when I point out that Afghanistan has no coastline? or is the author Geographically Challenged?

GP wants to be Texas Land Commissioner as his first step into politics. Well, I suppose the good news is that he's Jeb's kid and is thus unlikely to suffer from genetic impairment.

Rob

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The new Bush candidate, George P. Bush, Jeb's kid
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The new Bush candidate, George P. Bush, Jeb's kid
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Thankfully he's not your kid either
by James Denison / November 26, 2012 / 6:41 AM UTC
Collapse -
In that case he'd be Canadian
by Josh K / November 26, 2012 / 7:02 AM UTC

That would make him ineligible, since he wasn't born in the USA. I'm surprised you missed that. Wink

Collapse -
(NT) you don't know that for sure
by James Denison / November 26, 2012 / 7:04 AM UTC
Collapse -
Not really, the child of two Americans in a foreign country
by Ziks511 / November 27, 2012 / 12:13 AM UTC

isn't a citizen of the US. The paperwork is already filled out in the Embassy in Ottawa. 2 Citizens produce a citizen.

Rob

Collapse -
(NT) No, mine's much too smart and moral too qualify. Thanks.
by Ziks511 / November 27, 2012 / 12:21 AM UTC
Collapse -
Since you didn't post a link to the Slate article....
by Josh K / November 26, 2012 / 6:59 AM UTC

.....I'll have to guess that the writer or editor didn't know that the Navy would only be "in" Afghanistan by way of aircraft flying over the country. I'm sure it's just an editorial mistake.

As far as genetics goes, I've said before that if the Bush family was the Corleones, Jeb would be Michael, W would be Fredo and Neil would be Sonny.

Collapse -
If that was true
by James Denison / November 26, 2012 / 7:05 AM UTC

then it begs the question of why Obama is still around? You are both so full of it, you can only see the crap that squeezes out past your eyeballs.

Collapse -
You're both dumb as dirt
by TONI H / November 26, 2012 / 8:07 AM UTC
Collapse -
For that matter Josh,I think we could cast Axelrod as the ..
by Tony Holmes / November 26, 2012 / 2:53 PM UTC

traitor,Frankie Pentangeli,he even looks like him Happy

I can see it now,Tom Hagen(played by Judge Andrew Napolitano)visits Axelrod in prison and talks him into committing suicide. Grin
Hold on now,I'm on a roll... We could make Kerry play the part of "Carlo",who is married to Michael's loud mouth sister(Theresa Heinz).
Carlo gets into the front seat of the '49 Plymouth at the Corleone estate and Fat Clemenza(played by 'Round Boy') wraps piano wire around his neck while saying "Hello Carlo". Bwahahaha !!

Collapse -
And
by TONI H / November 26, 2012 / 4:31 PM UTC

Rob could play the horse head, JP could be the fish, ..... I'm still trying to find a role for you.

Collapse -
At least you made him the horse's head....
by Josh K / November 27, 2012 / 5:57 AM UTC
In reply to: And

.....and not the other end.

Collapse -
(NT) I like that analysis, Josh. If only they'd taken W fishing.
by Ziks511 / November 27, 2012 / 12:14 AM UTC
Collapse -
Hey, I wasn't belittling his service, or even saying he
by Ziks511 / November 27, 2012 / 12:19 AM UTC

wasn't there. I was just pointing out that it's hard to find a beach in Afghanistan, at least a salt water one. Sand you can find.

Collapse -
The hell you weren't
by TONI H / November 27, 2012 / 3:47 AM UTC

You hinted that the kid lied about his service record, just as you have posted previously that his uncle did, and took to insulting the author instead.........and you're still doing it within the newest post. This is the kind of crap that BO pulled regarding Romney........it started before Romney was even the nominee and never let up. You've decided to start early as well.......why? because he's a BUSH and a Republican. Spread a lie early and long enough and people will believe it, right?

Collapse -
He hinted at no such thing
by Josh K / November 27, 2012 / 5:58 AM UTC
In reply to: The hell you weren't

He questioned the accuracy of the writing in the article, not the subject's service record.

Collapse -
And I quote Rob
by TONI H / November 27, 2012 / 7:37 AM UTC

>>>says he served "in" Afghanistan.

Am I overly nit-picky when I point out that Afghanistan has no coastline? or is the author Geographically Challenged?>>>

The 'hint' was that either the subject of the story lied about serving "IN" Afghanistan since there is no way any SAILOR could serve IN a country with no coastline (so YES, he DID question the subject's service record)........."OR" the author is mentally deficient.

Collapse -
The full sentence, Toni
by Josh K / November 27, 2012 / 7:46 AM UTC
In reply to: And I quote Rob
Then again, the article in Slate magazines web site says he served "in" Afghanistan.

Read it twice if you need to.
Collapse -
I've read it numerous times
by TONI H / November 27, 2012 / 8:12 AM UTC

and it still comes out the same.......either the subject lied saying he served "IN" Afghanistan because he couldn't possibly have done that since there is no coastline 'or' the author is a mental defect. Which indicates that Rob was questioning the subject's service record (just as he did with Bush 43) AND/OR the author. If he was only questioning the author, he would have said so.....he didn't.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 45,842 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,052 discussions
icon
Tablets 1,149 discussions
icon
Security 28,606 discussions
icon
Home Audio and Video 18,995 discussions
icon