Computer Help forum

Resolved Question

The best remote tech support company to sign up with?

by jeb19046 / February 15, 2013 4:36 AM PST

Which tech support company would you say is the best to sign up with for getting 27/7 remote tech support?

jeb19046 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The best remote tech support company to sign up with?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The best remote tech support company to sign up with?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Here's more clarification on my initial question...
by jeb19046 / February 17, 2013 3:57 PM PST

Thank you very much for everyone's input.
The problem is that I am not very technical. My computer is no longer under the warranty.
One year I've signed up for technical support with the Gateway (my computer manufacturer) and it was a rather bad experience. Their technicians were not trained well enough to be able to handle the support.
Then, accidentally, I came across a start up from LA, by the name of Cyber Defender. At first they were good, but as company grew they started hiring more and more people and once in a while some of them didn't quite know what they were doing...
About 6 months ago apparently they were bought out by the US Tech Support Internet Security from North Carolina, but forgot to notify the customer base of a change over...
I am still under the contract with them for one more year, but am not sure of what to expect in terms of the service quality and the price to renew the contract when the time comes.
I guess I just wanted to be more prepared if a decision needs to be made as to which company should I consider as an alternative for this type of service, because technically I cannot handle computer support myself.

This is more or less the background behind the initial question I have posted.
I would be very grateful for any advice any of you can give me Happy

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by jeb19046

Collapse -
I can help you
by DerekRose81 / February 28, 2013 1:21 AM PST

I have been using BeAnywhere. It works in any place, at any time and it's easier to work, simple and secure. I'm very grateful with its performance and it solves any kind of IT problems.

Check it out:

Collapse -
I do appreciate the offer...
by jeb19046 / March 1, 2013 8:54 AM PST
In reply to: I can help you

I'd like to find a trustworthy company that does nothing else, but provides a Technical Support for an annual fee. This company would have a well trained force of guru-technicians capable to resolve all sorts of computer problems for the customer and give you a step-by-step "how to" with different programs in your possession. Of course, they also need to be held accountable for what they do.
But, I do appreciate the offer! Happy

Collapse -
I didn't finish my previous response to this post...
by jeb19046 / March 1, 2013 9:06 AM PST
In reply to: I can help you

Sorry, I didn't finish my previous response to this post.
I guess what I am still looking for, are some recommendations in selecting this sort of company from any of the readers of this forum...
Thanking you in advance!

Collapse -
Remote tech
by pgc3 / February 15, 2013 5:32 AM PST

Collapse -
Mirror mirror on the wall.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 15, 2013 6:48 AM PST

Turns out you continue to be your best support team.

Collapse -
If the manufacturer ...
by Edward ODaniel / February 15, 2013 2:06 PM PST

offers it and you are comfortable with unknown strangers poking around in your files (which can include hidden password data) they are likely your best bet.

Otherwise if you really want remote support try a couple and see if you find one YOU are comfortable with.

You can't expect others to answer this for you any more than asking us for the BEST car or the BEST food or the BEST color or drink or BEST mobile phone or BEST airline or ... - because BEST is relative to the unique likes and needs of a unique individual.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.