Laptops forum

Question

The best laptop under $1,000?

by davisdenyel / January 21, 2012 3:31 AM PST

My 17" toshiba laptop just died. I am going through withdrawals without my laptop lol so I am ready to purchase one asap! What laptop is the best one for up to $1,000? This is what I would use it for...
* I take and load a ton of pictures so something probably with enough storage
* Basic internet use
* Good screen/color quality
* Something that is not slow!
* Decent sound does not have to be great
* Something that will last
* Watching movies
* 15" or bigger
* a dvd burner
Does my laptop exist for my price range? I did not realize how long my list is for a laptop! I sure hope I am not being to picky! Thank You!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The best laptop under $1,000?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The best laptop under $1,000?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Not sure if anyone can answer this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 21, 2012 3:35 AM PST
Collapse -
Answer
Re: storage
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 21, 2012 3:36 AM PST

The average pic is 2 MB. So 2 GB is 1000 pics. 200 GB is 100.000 pics. The average hard disk is 500 GB nowadays. So that might be sufficient, depending on how much your ton is.

All your other requirements are easily fulfilled by any laptop you see, as long as it has at least an Intel i3 processor. Those can be far less than USD 1000.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
I'm looking for very light laptop. any recommendation?
by ssseanjohn / February 2, 2012 1:18 PM PST

i'm looking for laptop which has big enouh screen and light.
any recommendation???

Collapse -
Look at the new
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 3, 2012 12:22 AM PST

Look at the new Ultrabooks. When you write "very light" we move to those.

Collapse -
Answer
Laptop under 1000
by Gamerlaptopwinner1599 / May 29, 2012 4:56 AM PDT

Well, if you can't spend any more then 1000, you could get the Lenovo Ideapad Y570 08626KU 15.6-Inch Laptop

On Amazon, it's Retailing for $ 949.99

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Ideapad-08626KU-15-6-Inch-Laptop/dp/B006M9ZVXE/ref=sr_1_15?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1338316329&sr=1-15

Lenovo is a great brand for reliability and durability...

If you want to spend a little more, the $1,086.28 dollar ASUS N55SL-ES71 would be the way to go. It has a better graphics card (Good for gaming, streaming HD video, and editing photos), a better screen, better speakers, and Personally, I think that it looks cooler..

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-N55SL-ES71-15-6-Inch-Laptop-Black/dp/B00713CSS6/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1338317451&sr=1-7

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.