Small business & Startups forum

General discussion

The best cost-effective shipping supplies?

by cathasany / September 3, 2007 4:34 PM PDT

Hi I am run an online store on ebay. There are a few orders everyday to ship out. What shipping supplies you will choose to wrap? What shipping supplies are the best cost-effective? Where can I get good quality shipping supplies at reasonable price? Are there anyone has experience with this? Thank you for your share.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The best cost-effective shipping supplies?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The best cost-effective shipping supplies?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Postal Boxes
by entrecon / September 4, 2007 12:16 AM PDT

Depending on what you are shipping, you may want to look at boxes directly from the USPS. When I was doing eBay I would ship all my items priority mail. I did this for a couple of reasons. First, the Post Office provides Priority mail boxes in a variety of sizes for free. Second, I could track the items and didn't have to deal with "I haven't received it yet".

As far as packing materials around the items I used old newspapers and also shreaded paper (I had a shredder that shredded in strips, so I made my own.) I also used bubble wrap and peanuts where needed. I bought from various locations, just wherever I could find a good deal.

Collapse -
Re: shipping supplies
by Kees Bakker / September 8, 2007 9:38 PM PDT

An answer with a specific recommandation to such a question could be considered as an advertisement or even as a proof of shilling, especially if it's posted by a new member. So there's a good chance it will be deleted.

That's why I recommend you do some homework yourself given the myriad of useful hits (including sponsored ones) given by
Maybe visit a brick-and-stone shop in Office supplies?

As remarked above, it really depends on what you sell. A fridge definitely needs other stuff than a CD. As you didn't tell that in your original post, your question is impossible to answer.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
Low Cost Shipping Supplies with Free Shipping
by royalmailers / October 10, 2007 10:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: shipping supplies

I was reading your message about were to find low cost shipping supplies online. Checkout and you will find a ton of shipping supplies at great prices with free shipping.

Use code: SAVE10 and you will get a 10% discount on your entire order.

We specialize in Bubble Mailers , Poly Mailers , Box Mailers, and tape.

Hope this help!

Tom Bennett

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.