Forum Announcement

Please don't panic! You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

The CNET Lounge

General discussion

Thank you, NYC BOLers!

by mollywood / March 22, 2008 / 7:56 PM UTC

Now that I'm all recovered and have been watching the Twitter feeds light up with new NY friends, I just wanted to say THANKS to all of you who came out (and those of you who at least thought about it)! I really had a great time, you are all so smart and cool and interesting, and I am so excited to see that you're like, this fabulous new group of cool, smart, interesting friends! How cool! And yeah, we'll have to start doing these in other cities, too. Like, um, maybe the one we live in. I'll talk to Tom. Happy

Thanks again!

--Molly

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Thank you, NYC BOLers!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Thank you, NYC BOLers!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Or like in Amsterdam
by alex_smurf / March 23, 2008 / 3:22 AM UTC
In reply to: Thank you, NYC BOLers!

hint hint

Collapse -
Or like Aalborg (DK)
by SPIRIdk / March 25, 2008 / 4:09 AM UTC
In reply to: Or like in Amsterdam

hint hint

(like that'll ever happen :P)

Collapse -
The pub door is always open
by TrishMvhl / March 24, 2008 / 11:33 AM UTC

Molly-You guys were so sweet, taking time to hang out during a busy trip. Sorry I had to take off so early. I think the NYers will try to meet up soon for a geek beer (hooray) It'll be nice to get the chance to chat again (I had a hard time hearing in the pub!).
Hope you can come back soon - NYC is cool but even moreso when the CNET team is in town Happy

Trish

Collapse -
*sniff* I missed it.
by UnnDunn / March 24, 2008 / 1:55 PM UTC

*sniff* I missed it. I need to hang out here more often so I can be on top of these things. Sad

Collapse -
Thanks right back!
by fordo123 / March 24, 2008 / 4:17 PM UTC

Thank YOu so much for coming, Molly. It was great to meet you and great to meet all the other fellow listeners. Really fun. You were so nice to do it. As a collective, we are awesome. We really do rule.

I wonder if there is another podcast out there that has as loyal a following as BOL. I'm sure there are some niche ones but I wonder if there is a more mainstream one like BOL that has as large and as loyal a listenership. I listened to a Lost podcast for a while but eventually lost interest. No podcast has consistently held my interest for this many years the way that BOL has.

Thanks again for coming. It was really a fun night.

-Fordo

Collapse -
BOL Meetups
by fordo123 / March 25, 2008 / 4:39 PM UTC

Hey everyone,

We really did have a great time at our BOL meetup in NYC last week. And it was so so great to meet Molly and Natalie and the 404 guys and a few other CNET folks. But since the meetup, more than a few of us have stayed in touch and have been emailing and twittering and we will likely get together again soon without, unfortunately, Molly and the other CNET folks.

I tell you this just to encourage you all to set up your own BOL meetups in whatever city you happen to be in. It would be fantastic if the BOL crew really was able to pull off a roadtrip and venture out into a few other cities but even if they can't, I think you all might still have fun meeting other BOL'ers.

Collapse -
I'm in NY~
by robstak / March 25, 2008 / 10:10 PM UTC
In reply to: BOL Meetups

I work in Albany, but my family lives bout 45 min north of the city. if it's ever on a weekend I'd be down.

-dr. karl

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 45,842 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,052 discussions
icon
Tablets 1,149 discussions
icon
Security 28,606 discussions
icon
Home Audio and Video 18,995 discussions