TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

TH-42PX600U Release delayed 1 month to Mid-July

by psychson7 / May 4, 2006 1:57 AM PDT

This is from Panasonic directly...the TH-42PX600U release has been delayed 1 month to Mid-July. With the lesser featured TH-42PX60U running out fast (they claim an August backlog), what is a devoted Panasonic plasma tv consumer to do? Wait or buy 60U now?

Cost isn't an issue between the two; please help.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: TH-42PX600U Release delayed 1 month to Mid-July
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: TH-42PX600U Release delayed 1 month to Mid-July
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
In Same Boat
by itchief / May 4, 2006 12:42 PM PDT

Can't help with this one as I'm in the same boat. Do you have info on the 50PX600U?

TIA Jon

Collapse -
Assume the Same
by psychson7 / May 4, 2006 11:26 PM PDT
In reply to: In Same Boat

While I have not asked about the 50in plasma, they typically release those in tandem with the 42in. I have not seen it on their Panasonic Direct site, yet.

Collapse -
42PX-600U
by Trendan00 / May 24, 2006 12:43 PM PDT

According to the rep at Panasonic - I am supposed to get my 42PX600U sent out the second week of June and should be in my place in the 3rd week of June.

I waited so long for this TV - I originally purchased the 500U!

Collapse -
THEY TOLD ME AUGUST 1, 2006
by Riverledge / May 25, 2006 12:55 PM PDT
In reply to: 42PX-600U

PICK YOUR POISON...........

Collapse -
CDW Tells Me Sept 2006
by irishr4 / June 5, 2006 1:55 PM PDT

..... and the beat goes on

Collapse -
TH50PX600U
by timetogolf / June 6, 2006 3:38 AM PDT
In reply to: CDW Tells Me Sept 2006

A electronics store in Chicago lists the 50" 600U in stock. Waiting word from them when they will have the 42. They said they have 400 on order. Waiting just like eveyone else.

Collapse -
Go to PC Richard - Web site is www.pcrichard.com
by tusharpatel / June 20, 2006 1:12 AM PDT
In reply to: TH50PX600U

They have it in stock both 42PX600U and 50PX600U.
Also they have very good price and if you bargain, they will give you even better deal. I brought mine from them.

-Thanks

Collapse -
TH42PX600U
by timetogolf / June 20, 2006 3:42 AM PDT

Panasonic shows the 42600U available, free shipping and a 10% discount. Doesn't look like PC Richard ships. ABTelectronics in Chicago has them in stock and they will match the Panasonic deal. They are an authorized dealer. Mine ships today, finally!

Collapse -
TH42PX600U in the house
by timetogolf / June 22, 2006 2:54 AM PDT
In reply to: TH42PX600U

Finally, took delivery this morning. Checked this thing over closely before I signed the release. Panasonic does a good job in the way they pack these for shipping and the shipping company did a great job in their proctecting it for delivery. Digital and HD cable scheduled for install next week, so I have to make do with over the air HD and sd cable for a short while. Mid-July release date a myth.

Collapse -
CONGRATS.................
by Riverledge / June 22, 2006 9:15 AM PDT

HOPE you enjoy it, very much.
Let us know how looks once connected up.

river.

Collapse -
Received my 600U finally!!!
by Trendan00 / June 22, 2006 9:32 AM PDT

I receive my 42PX600U on Friday 6/16!
Its still in the box...I have the professional installer coming this Sunday - woo hoo! Happy

Collapse -
Sweet
by timetogolf / June 22, 2006 11:52 AM PDT

To my surprise the SD channels are good as if not better than our 2 year old Sharp 32" crt. Connected the cable straight into the back tonight and actually getting some of the digital cable channels. PBS OTA HD is outstanding. Trying to see what other OTA HD I can pull in without an antenna. More later, it could be a late night playing with this thing.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.