Peripherals forum

General discussion

by ddriftking / April 13, 2009 6:17 AM PDT

Has anyone bought refilled ink cartidges? This is my first time trying it and I had a very bad experience. The cartridge never worked and TFP Ink International told me to return it at my own expense. I emailed them so many times but no response so I called them but no answer. Please beware of Ink refills and always check return policy.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: TFP INTERNATIONAL CARTRIDGE
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: TFP INTERNATIONAL CARTRIDGE
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I had a very bad experience as well
by DKrepak / May 1, 2009 1:04 PM PDT

I purchased a refurbished inkjet cartridge from them. Shipping is free through USPS. It was shipped within 2 days of ordering, but didn't receive it for 15 days after. When the padded envelope arrived I opened it, inside there was a thin cardboard box which was partially squashed and had green staining on the bottom. Opening the box there was a large amount of green liquid in the plastic bag some of it leaking out of the bag. I got some on my fingers. I did not open the bag,wrapped it in a paper towel and put it back in the box. I emailed the company,they wanted me to either clean the cartridge and still use it or mail it back to them at my expense. They will not pay for me to return the defective item to them. I asked they send me a prepaid label. I refused to pay to return the item to them. They will not do anything else. I was told in their last email since they say the item was fine when they shipped it,they will not refund my money or send a replacement till I return the cartridge I received. The item was either defective or damaged in shipping and should have been replaced without any additional cost to me. I informed them I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and my credit card company and their response was "go ahead." This response was from Diane ZaloudeK
TFP, Owner. I would not take the chance of ever ordering anything from them again. I did file my complaints as I told them I would. Buyer beware.

Collapse -
Response from the Better Business Bureau
by DKrepak / May 5, 2009 4:58 AM PDT

Here is the email response I received today:

"Your complaint has been filed against the following company:

The Fine Print
PO Box 322
Collierville, TN 38027-0322

A copy of your complaint was sent to the company today and we have asked for a written reply within fourteen days. However, this company currently has an unsatisfactory record with our office due to unanswered complaints. If the company responds, a copy will be sent to you for your review. If we do not receive a response we will close your complaint as unanswered."

Collapse -
I Bot my Ink 5/ 26/ 10
by Shuffle9 / September 25, 2010 1:59 AM PDT

Hello I'm Jesse Flores

Hi I had bot mine in may and I'm having the same problems with my ink to at first, the first ink cartridge work and now it seems that the ink dry's up and when i would put the new one in and the next time that I would use my printer it would not print right~! so I had deciede to check into it that's when I had seen that I'm not the only one with the same problem~! So what can we do about this and I will send my ink back to then today at my cost now.

P.S. Please keep me informed or just contact me at

Jesse Flores

Collapse -
Defective Product
by noinkforme / July 16, 2011 9:13 AM PDT
I ordered 2 hp 60xl cartridges from TFP to save a little money. Neither cartridge worked so I am chalking it up to a bad decision. I went back to hp online and joined the rewards program along with a $10 discount I saved $19.00 today and free shipping. I really couldn't get these ink cartridges any cheaper.
Collapse -
Do not order from them, they are a scam
by loveyourselfmadly / July 13, 2009 1:42 AM PDT

seller states: "We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our products. We guarantee that our cartridges will print as well, and last at least as long as a brand new cartridge of the same type by the original manufacturer." NOT TRUE! cartridge lasted MUCH LESS than original HP and seller DID NOT honor his 100% satisfaction guarantee and never offer either a replacement or anything that would make me trust this vendor and return to the site. The only good thing was the price but only in the short term because I was back at Staples in no time buying the real thing for much more money. Will not recommend this site nor shop there again.

Collapse -
TFP International; Diane Zaloudek
by brian3656 / August 27, 2009 4:26 PM PDT

I too ordered from these people and got the "send it back at your expense, but no refund treatment." In my opinion they are a remarkable scam as both cartridges were bad. Turns out they have an "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau too.

I took it up with the credit card company and charged it back... I'd encourage everyone else to do the same. I also think it is food for a class litigation matter.

Collapse -
Dont Purchase From TFP
by Rollout123 / November 12, 2009 4:28 AM PST

I too took a shot, and tried out an ink cart for my Lexmark printer from TFP. First, it took 3 days short of 1 full month to receive my compatible cartridge. The TFP cart only printed about 20-30 pages before it was empty. After several emails, I was told that I could return the cart at my expense, and a replacement would be mailed out to me...or would it? I dont want to wait another 30+ days for a print cartridge. Bad experience. Lesson learned. I wont deal with them again.

Collapse -
Ditto on TFP Ink Bad Business
by crwrjw / December 30, 2009 7:16 AM PST
In reply to: Dont Purchase From TFP

Wish I would have read these post prior to ordering my ink from them.
I ordered my ink on 2 Dec. Received an e-mail on 4 Dec saying my ink had been shipped. It is now 30 Dec and I have received nothing. I have sent 4 e-mails requesting status and have received one e-mail reply telling me they had to give the post office two weeks to deliver. It has now been four and I have received nothing. Do not buy from this company. I am disputing the purchase through my credit card company.

Collapse -
Ripped Off???
by scooterpuddy / January 8, 2010 12:10 AM PST

I too am experiencing the same thing. I placed an order on December 22, 2009. My bank account was charged the same day and I received an email the next day saying my order was shipping with a USPS tracking number listed. It is now January 8th, 2010 and I have received nothing from them. I called the phone number associated with the charge on my bank statement and got a recording giving their hours of operation... my call was within the operating hours and no one was answering!!!

Has anyone SUCCESSFULLY ordered from these people?

Collapse -
Do Not Order From TFP International
by crwrjw / January 8, 2010 5:25 AM PST
In reply to: Ripped Off???

Hey scooterpuddy,
I wish I had gone online and checked this company out prior to ordering from them, but unfortunately I didn't until I didn't receive the ink cartridges I ordered. I ordered two cartridges on 2 Dec and received an e-mail on 4 Dec stating items had been shipped using on 4 Dec. When I still had not received on 18 Dec I started sending e-mails to the company. Was told until they gave post office 2 weeks to deliver they would not reship. Waited another week and filed a dispute with my credit card company. They stopped the company from being paid and credited back my account. I informed TFP that I had filed a dispute. I guess this got there attention because I received product on the 3rd of Jan. showed postage was printed by company on 4 Dec, but wasn't actually brought into the post office to mail until the 30th of Dec. I returned the package. I found through other folks that many people have had problems with this company and the BBB of Tennessee gives them a F rating. I would recommend not purchasing with this company. I have gone back to the company I have used for years. They are a little more expensive, but have never done me wrong. That would be
4inkjets. Goes to show you what can happen when we internet stray to save a few bucks.

Collapse -
Do not order from TFP...
by scooterpuddy / January 9, 2010 3:16 AM PST

Hi Crwrjw,
Yeah, wish I'd checked, too. What email address were you using to communicate with them? So far, I have not been able to reach TFP. The address I replied to from my "shipping confirmation" email, was returned to me as "undeliverable". Contacting did me no good. They said my "confirmation #" was genuine... but, the USPS told me my confirmation # does not show up in their system! Apparently, the # comes from a transaction where TFP purchased some postage... but, it's not a guarantee said postage was ever scanned by USPS. I'm disputing the charge with my bank, but was informed it might take 3-4 weeks to investigate. Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you have an email address I can try to contact TFP with.

Collapse -
Lexmark x2500 series cartridge...
by scooterpuddy / January 9, 2010 3:44 AM PST

I just got this printer and so have no experience with it, yet. I read somewhere the OEM cartridges were not possible to refill because of a "smart chip" in them. Certain re-manufactured refillable cartridges are supposedly also problematic! I read the [#34 High-Yield] cartridge does not contain the "smart chip"? Does anyone know which cartridges are self refillable, and if the refillable ones function properly?

Collapse -
E-mail address for TFP Ink.
by crwrjw / January 9, 2010 7:52 AM PST

Hey Scooterpuddy,
The e-mail address I used was That is their "no support" e-mail address in my opinion. The way works which is the notification you received, is that the person or company can print the postage right from their own computer using an account they have set up with the post office. It will allow them to print out a label. You will then receive an e-mail from showing the package info. The tracking doesn't actually show up on the usps website until the package has been physically taken to the post office to mail. My package was finally received around 5 Jan, but the date on the postage still showed the 4 Dec date because TFPink used the original label the company had printed back on 4 Dec. According to the USPS website, the package was not actually received at the post office to mail until 30 Dec 09. I sent the ink cartridges back since my credit card company had disputed the charges with TFPink and had not paid them.
As far as your ink cartridges, I do believe they are refillable. sells a kit you can use to refill the cartridge for this printer. Be very careful though not to overfill. I also have lexmark printers and I love them. However, I accidently overfilled a cartridge one time (no visible way to tell I overfilled it) and it slowly began to leak onto everything in the printer. Took a while to notice it was leaking so bad because no ink spots showed up on the paper. Ending up throwing away the printer.

Collapse -
by scooterpuddy / January 9, 2010 10:48 AM PST

Hey thanks crwrjw,

So, could it be said that they are illegitimately using USPS delivery confirmation numbers? I'd think the PO would want to know if this company is misrepresenting itself to people, by using what appears to be valid shipping information.

RE ink: are you refilling original Lexmark [OEM] cartridges with a refill kit... or, refilling "re-manufactured" cartridges? Do you use #32, or #34 black?

Collapse -
Lexmark ink refills
by crwrjw / January 9, 2010 9:41 PM PST
In reply to: TFpink...

Hey there Scooterpuddy, to answer your question about TFP, no they aren't using the USPS illegally. They simply are not mailing the items when they print out the postage. I find it a little strange that when I used to take business mail to the post office they would actually look at the date of the postage and if it was more than a few days old they would make us put new postage on it reflecting a more current date. I guess they didn't want to look like it took longer to mail something than it really did. Guess they don't do that anymore since you can track it in a way through Don't know if TFP do late mailings with everyone, but that is what happened in my case.
Regarding the ink, I was using original Lexmark cartridges. Don't remember which number they were as I no longer have that particular Lexmark printer. I now get my ink from 4inkjets and it is cheap enough that I order the high yield and it last a long time. Check out google on refilling your particular ink cartridge. I saw some examples on how to do it in there. If you order the refilling kit for your cartridge, it will also come with instructions. I'm sure it has gotten a little easier to do since I was using them.
Good Luck to ya and I hope you get your ink soon.

Collapse -
Another Sucker
by russgill / February 15, 2010 4:24 AM PST
In reply to: Lexmark ink refills

Glad to see I am not alone with these guys. I received no response to my emails on my missing product and the couple times I called I got no answer or that "the voice mail box is full".

You get what you pay for, in this case nothing. Product shipped 1/29 (wink wink). So based on what everyone is saying I might see something in the next couple weeks and I will be in for a big surprise.

I buy a lot of stuff on line, but never ran into this before.

Collapse -
TFP taught me a lesson. Don't buy from them!
by arjay144 / November 4, 2010 5:15 AM PDT

Ordered HP extra capacity printing cartridges (HP60XL) which arrived in boxes marked the same. The cartridges, however, were HP60 regular (one third the capacity and one half of the price that I paid). They have yet to respond to my complaint. I sent an e-mail complaint and left a phone message to which they have not responded.

Collapse -
run from them they are a scam
by bworsfold / March 31, 2010 3:36 AM PDT

I ordered an ink cartridge and they sent me a totally non compatible cartridge that was immediately rejected by my printer.It arrived in a little white box and was worthless from jump street. They would not answer their phone, return a voice mail, or return an email. This went on for over 3 months. They finally retuned an email stating the the cartridge was now out of warranty and they would do nothing. They also wanted me to send it back at my expense. I finally got a nasty man on the phone and when I informed him that I will file a complaint with the state of TN attorney generals office he told me "please do" and hung up. This company is a total scam and needs to be put out of business. They are ripping off consumers and taking money for junk. They sit in a little basement somewhere and fill cartridges with a refill kit I bet.

Collapse -
Nothing but problems
by knixon9143 / May 21, 2010 3:47 AM PDT

I wish I would have read the posts here before ordering from TFP.
The cartridges leaked in the packages and did not work. Everything was an inky mess. My advice is do not waste your time and money. Not even worth taking the time and spending the money to send the cartridges back at my expense. : (

Collapse -
by rgreen18 / July 29, 2010 5:04 AM PDT

I wish I had researched TFP International (The Fine Print) before placing an order with them. I placed an order on the 5th of July, 2010. I received an email stating that the package was shipped out on the 14th of July (9 days later). It is now the 28th of July and I have received no package. I called and sent an email but received no response. I called a second time and threatened to file a fraud claim with my credit card company but I still have not received any acknowledgement on the whereabouts of my missing ink cartridges. I should have stayed with INKSELL.COM who I have done business with on three occasions and have had no trouble receiving what I paid for. On one of the Fine Prints answering machine outgoing messages you can hear all this noise in the background. If I had heard that message before placing my order, I surely would not have ordered from such an unprofessional company. I know that you sometimes get what you pay for but in this case I didn't get anything but inconvenience. Don't do business with this company and tell everyone you know to not do business with this company. They will be out of business soon and hopefully the owner will be tracked down and stoned to death with ink cartridges, placed in prison and primed realgood.

Collapse -
TFP Ink a total rip off company
by anitamorrison / September 22, 2010 8:36 AM PDT

Guess I am the latest victim of this scamming company. I placed my order on Sept 3rd. They finally processed it on Sept 8th it is now Sept 22nd and still no order. I know snail mail is slow but come on it doesn't take 3 weeks to go from TX to CA. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS RIP OFF COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
I Tried Em
by gg1085 / December 6, 2010 6:59 AM PST

They had the best price on ink. I received the ink almost a month later and it didn't work. I returned the ink cartridges but had to send another email with my reference code requesting a refund. Received a refund though. Good Luck!

Collapse -
TFP Ink - Don't Buy
by wigolfguy / December 21, 2010 11:00 PM PST
In reply to: I Tried Em

I am currently in the same situation, ordered and supposedly shipped on Dec 3rd, but nothing yet. I have tried to call, left voice mails and sent emails but no response. Now I decided to find out if others have had problems and found this series of postings. Guess I should have checked them out first but have not had this type of problem with other internet companies. The vast majority are excellent. But now I've learned. I will be disputing my charge through VISA and will be trying out the 4inkjets site. Thanks for the referral.

Stay away from TFP Ink!!!

Collapse -
I can't believe that no agency has shut this company down!
by rgreen18 / December 22, 2010 5:46 AM PST
In reply to: TFP Ink - Don't Buy

File your dispute with VISA and you definitely should get all of your money back. I informed several agencies in this companies state and it seems that nothing has been done. Copy, paste and print all of these complaints and send it with your VISA dispute. I suggested that my Mastercard company ban all charges for any Mastercard to this scam company. I receied my defective ink cartridges from TFP after sending a complaint to several agencies in Tennesee but they were defective. I filed the dispute with my credit card company,received a refund from my credit card company and threw the cartridges away. Another good company is The last cartridge I purchased for my Lexmark printer came from a seller on ebay and it was not refurbished and the price was comparable with a refurbished cartridge. Look into buying your next brand new cartridge on ebay. I have had a few bad transactions on ebay too but most transactions are flawless for me.

Good luck!

Collapse -
same here.. they should be put out of business
by nomas2 / March 6, 2012 2:19 AM PST

Over a month of emailing, they finally shipped: A defective cartridge.. no replacement, no refund no response; they are a contemptible example of how it's always "buyer beware" for after-market Internet sellers... unless you wish to give away money to such untrustworthy companies.

Collapse -
by mkeller517 / January 11, 2011 10:55 AM PST

I ordered from this company. The company name for my order was TFP Ink. Biggest mistake of my life. Terrible product - the ink was terrible! The service was non-existent. I never got my refund.
Companies like this should not be allowed to be in business. Please never order any product from this company!

Collapse -
At least some of you recieved your ink
by crystaltitans / February 28, 2011 9:16 PM PST
In reply to: TFP Ink

I had a simailar story... I saw that TFP had the greatest deal for ink around, purchased 2 back on the 2nd of February they deducted my account and patiently I waited and waited but nothing, I emailed the company and I quickly got a response back, they asked me a series of questions emailed me all of their information regarding my account and promised my reshippment and expected coformation of my next expected delivery, unfortunately after 2 weeks I'm still waiting and nothing I emailed the company and like you I called and nothing, so I contacted my bank and now I'm starting a claim against them, I emailed them to let them know lets see what happens... HAS ANYONE HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE FROM THIS COMPANY?

Collapse -
by Azriel_LittleHawk / March 2, 2011 12:14 PM PST

i was just getting ready to order some ink for my printer from these folks but hesitated and did a search for complaints! thank you all so much!! you've saved me $$ that i really could not afford to blow off like this.
*HUGS* all around! i hope you get some form of satisfaction out of your situations.

Collapse -
Avoid TFP Ink
by joeyang1976 / August 4, 2011 12:56 AM PDT

I had a similar experience- defective cartridge, no customer service. I filed a complaint through Better Business Bureau, and TFP's response was totally pathetic.

Collapse -
TFP should be prosecuted for apparent fraud
by nomas2 / March 6, 2012 2:23 AM PST

They provide shipping date that is not valid.. then refuse to respond to post-sales inquiries. I am out $$ also for a defective cartridge that was shipped a month after their response that it had shipped.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.