Download.com Site Feedback forum

General discussion

TechTracker Plus: Problems downloading, installing, etc...

by Aaron.Smith / February 17, 2011 1:53 AM PST

TechTracker Plus users,

CNET is aware of an issue affecting TechTracker Plus users who attempt to download, install or perform other actions. Plus actions are subsequently not showing up in the task queue within the TechTracker software. We are working diligently to resolve this issue as soon as possible, and hope to have a fix deployed soon. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused for you.

Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue. This thread will be updated once the fix is in place.

- CNET TechTracker Support

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: TechTracker Plus: Problems downloading, installing, etc...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: TechTracker Plus: Problems downloading, installing, etc...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Problem Fixed!
by Mixotic / February 17, 2011 6:00 AM PST

I just wanted to update this thread to let TechTracker Plus users that normal functionality has returned. If you're experiencing issues with TechTracker Plus features, please submit a report through our support center here: http://www.cnet.com/ttsupport

- CNET TechTracker Support

Collapse -
TechTracker Plus but nothing works
by arrebb / March 16, 2011 2:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Problem Fixed!

I upgraded to TT+ this morning and all gives the appearance of working but I am told I need to register. I am already registered, and the home page shows TT+, but when I go to download anything I get a window telling me that this feature (any I select) is only available in TT+ and I should do a scan to resolve the issue.

Please help.

Collapse -
TechTracker Plus but nothing works
by CNET_Gregg-23902024539272 / March 17, 2011 2:39 AM PDT

Hi arreb,

I have converted your post into a proxy ticket in our support system so that we may better assist you; you should receive an e-mail to let you know that the ticket has been submitted, and another e-mail will alert you to our response, which you may expect within one business day.

In the future, you may submit support tickets directly through our support web site by following these steps:

1. Go to http://cnet.custhelp.com
2. Click on the "E-mail Support" tab.
3. Enter the e-mail address associated with your account.
4. From the "Category:" drop-down menu, choose the "CNET TechTracker" option, and the "TechTracker General" sub-option.
5. Fill in the subject line and the "Details:" section.
6. Click the "Submit Question" button, and please be sure to follow through to the final confirmation page!

Thanks,
Gregg
CNET TechTracker Support

Collapse -
Tech Tracker Plus doesn't work
by Eric Poupore / March 17, 2011 1:48 AM PDT
In reply to: Problem Fixed!

I, too, purchased TT+ and have not been able to see my TechTracker page. I just get caught in an endless loop of being told to download and install and once done, I'll be directed to TT for registration. I've done this about 6 times to no avail. No direction to a TT page for registration, just the same TT page telling me to download and install.

When I sent an email for tech help, I was given an incident number and a link that takes me back to the FAQ page. This loop is not of any help either. I sure would like a warm body to answer an email and deal with this problem.

Mac running OS 10.6.6

Collapse -
TechTracker Plus doesn't work
by CNET_Gregg-23902024539272 / March 17, 2011 2:37 AM PDT

Hello Eric,

TechTracker Support has responded to your help ticket request. Please check your email and respond at your earliest convenience so we can help you resolve the issue you are having.

Regards,
Gregg
CNET TechTracker Support

Collapse -
TechTracker Plus Install
by cerijones216 / March 30, 2011 11:22 PM PDT

I have just installed TechTracker and upgraded to Plus, but the software and my on-line account do not match up and TT on the web page says it has no PC associated with it. There is no scan information in 'My software' although the app says it has found 5 updates. Help!

I am running Windows 7 on a Dell Vostro 1310.

Collapse -
re: TechTracker Plus Install
by CNET_Gregg-23902024539272 / March 31, 2011 2:16 AM PDT

Hello cerijones216,

I have converted your post into a proxy ticket in our support system so that we may better assist you; you should receive an e-mail to let you know that the ticket has been submitted, and another e-mail will alert you to our response, which you may expect within one business day.

In the future, you may submit support tickets directly through our support web site by following these steps:

1. Go to http://cnet.custhelp.com
2. Click on the "E-mail Support" tab.
3. Enter the e-mail address associated with your account.
4. From the "Category:" drop-down menu, choose the "CNET TechTracker" option, and the "TechTracker General" sub-option.
5. Fill in the subject line and the "Details:" section.
6. Click the "Submit Question" button, and please be sure to follow through to the final confirmation page!

Thanks,
Gregg
CNET TechTracker Support

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.