Download.com Site Feedback forum

General discussion

Tech Tracker help

by parkwood 40 / December 30, 2009 12:48 PM PST

Hi Folks,
Tech Tracker keeps telling me at start up that I have 2 updates available Malwarebyt and SuperAntiSpyware well I download the updates restart the computer and guess what it tells me they both need to be updated so can anybody help.
Regards Paul.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Tech Tracker help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Tech Tracker help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hi
by cazhi / January 4, 2010 7:18 PM PST
In reply to: Tech Tracker help

How to do this?

Collapse -
getting help with CNET TechTracker
by CNET_TechTracker / January 5, 2010 2:47 AM PST
In reply to: Hi

Hello cazhi,

What would you like help with?

If you need assistance with CNET TechTracker, please visit this page:

1. http://cnet.custhelp.com
2. Click on "E-mail Support"
3. Under 'Category:' choose "CNET TechTracker"
4. Submit your question to us! Be sure to follow through to the confirmation page.

Regards,
CNET TechTracker Support

Collapse -
Reporting a problem with your version information
by CNET_TechTracker / January 5, 2010 2:43 AM PST

Hello Paul,

If, despite your update, the version information in your installed software list appears incorrect, there is a way to report this directly to the proper team. Visit your custom CNET TechTracker page ( http://www.cnet.com/techtracker/app ), locate the software in question on the list, and click on the "Feedback" link for this software. Choose the reason you are sending the error report (such as "my version is incorrect") and submit your report. The report you send will include the information our software catalog team requires to look into the issue.

If you require further assistance, I would encourage you to use our support system to interact directly with our technical support team. Start here: http://cnet.custhelp.com
Select the "E-mail Support" tab, and be sure to use the "CNET TechTracker" category.

Regards,
CNET TechTracker Support

Collapse -
Techtracker Help.
by parkwood 40 / January 5, 2010 4:01 PM PST

Thanks for that have done what you suggested.
Happy new year.
Paul.

Collapse -
downloads???
by buckeye88 / September 24, 2010 3:01 AM PDT

I have been receiving notice that C-net Tracker has (5) downloads for my system. I click on it and it states to download. Can't I read or see some place just what the (5) downloads are??? Or do I just download all 5 at once??? Thank you Velma Steinman

Collapse -
No answer to your problem? Why?
by s-c-annan / December 12, 2011 6:12 AM PST
In reply to: downloads???

I have the same issue...I am posting 15 months after your post. Following the link which states I have "16 updates for 43 tracked items" merely takes me to the cnet download page where I started by downloading & installing the (bogus) program. An endless loop/catch 22. The fact that no one has
responded to your query ion 15 months sort of tells me that this program is a failure. It looks like uninstalling it may prove to be another nightmare.

Collapse -
I wonder if they don't support it here?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 12, 2011 6:16 AM PST

Maybe they use another system? Which is noted at
http://forums.cnet.com/7726-21574_102-3214181.html?tag=posts;msg3214181

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.