Cameras

General discussion

Taking seveal pictures gets message

by liikestotravel2 / April 9, 2013 2:02 AM PDT

H,I own a Nikon 510 camera and have had some problems with the memory card (San Disk 32 GB ultra). I formatted the card and cleaned the contacts and now the card seems to work better. But this morning after taking severa pictures I got the message, Please wait until finish recording. After severa minutes I remove the battery and found some of the pictures missing. Is there a solution to my problem, do I need a new card or faster card. Any suggestions.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Taking seveal pictures gets message
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Taking seveal pictures gets message
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Tell a bit more.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 9, 2013 2:09 AM PDT

And answer my only question.

Did you format the card in the camera?

Collapse -
Yes I formatted the card with my computer and camera
by liikestotravel2 / April 9, 2013 4:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Tell a bit more.

Hi Bob, thank you for your reply. I formatted the card with my camera..which still allowed me to take pictures...but every once in a while..i would get the message "This card cannot be used" After I formatted it in my computer...the message disappeared. At the same time I cleaned the contacts with Dust Destroyer. Things seems to be working fine.. This morning while taking pictures...I get the above message when I tried to turn off my camera...I then removed the battery.... checked and only some pictures appeared.
Just wondering...why ..this is a new card..I bought it with my new camera...My friend also bought the same camera..and the same card and she does not have any problems....Thanks.

Collapse -
In reverse.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 9, 2013 5:04 AM PDT

If it locks up, some pictures may indeed vanish. As it is a new card, return it as defective and get another.

I have never cleaned the contacts in any digital camera I've owned and wow, that's been many years. I think since at least 1995.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks..for your reply
by liikestotravel2 / April 9, 2013 5:16 AM PDT
In reply to: In reverse.

I contacted San Disk and after 9 emails and using their live chat..I gave up on them...For 30.00 plus dollars..I will take the loss...they wanted me to drop the card off to an UPS store and send it back to them. (I live 45kms away from an UPS store) and then upon receiving the card they would send me another card...Just wondered if I could remedy the card...I will keep it as a spare...and buy another on sale. I have never had any problems with any of my cards either...not a one....go figure buy a 32 GB...pay more...and its a lemon. Thank you again.

Collapse -
The only lemon I encountered
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 9, 2013 5:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks..for your reply

Was one that I really think it was toasted by a friends home built PC. After that I could not lend him any cards. Yes, he was always burning them out and asking folk to let him try their cards.

Sorry, no had to me my answer.
Bob

Collapse -
Taking seveal pictures gets message .
by safiqurrahman / April 9, 2013 4:31 AM PDT

At first you have to format the card in the camera . If problem is not solved then you have to take a new card.

Collapse -
Troubleshooting
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / April 9, 2013 7:12 AM PDT

The only way to know if you have a camera problem or a SD card problem is to use a different SD card.

Buy a new card from a reliable local source.
I would suggest a different brand and a different size (lets say 2 MB).

Collapse -
Corerection
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / April 9, 2013 7:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Troubleshooting

Make that 2 GB

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.