Laptops forum

General discussion

Tablet/Touch-screen laptop with bigger LCD

by penti01 / March 12, 2007 7:43 PM PDT

all the tablets or touch-screen laptops i've found are all 12.1 in... i'm just wondering if there's a new, updated tablet out there that's 14 or 15 in with some good graphics card in it... i'm gonna be using it for games and movies most of the time as i have a desktop... however, i go out of town often and use it for word processing... 12 in is too small for me...

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Tablet/Touch-screen laptop with bigger LCD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Tablet/Touch-screen laptop with bigger LCD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
good point
by chrizm32 / March 13, 2007 5:15 AM PDT

I agree with your post. I would also like to see a laptop with a 14.1" display that can fold back and be used as a tablet pc. I bought an HP dv5000z with a 15.4" WS last summer, and it wasn't long before I regretted not getting something a little more portable for college (Plus the mammoth 12-cell battery barely gets over 3 hrs of life per charge, and is nothing but an inconvenience).

If its mobile multimedia you want, then I highly recommend getting an Archos 604/704 Wifi. It is a lovely little PVP that puts all other PVPs to shame. I got the 604 Wifi for Christmas, and it is AWSOME! It has Wifi, a touchscreen, 30 GB HDD, and it can even record video with its docking accessory. The Wifi can be used in multiple ways, including internet browsing with its Opera browser, streaming content to/from other computers through your workgroup or ADHOC connection, or just transfering files. The removable battery puts my mind at ease also. It can also function as a USB host OR be read as an external drive. It is truely the only all-in-one machine, and it is definitely worth the price. You can even view PDF files on it (though not Word Docs).

Though the Archos may be good for portable viewing, a slightly larger tablet PC to fulfill my PowerPC/Mobility requirements would certainly be welcome into my home....
Actually I was just browsing Cnet, and there are plenty of Tablet PCs with larger screen sizes. I only see Toshibas, Gateways, and Sonys though.

Collapse -
Just curious ..
by StargateFan / March 13, 2007 7:15 AM PDT

Why do you need a tablet? I think you would be much better off with a normal laptop for the things you mentioned. Especially gaming, you will not find a tablet out there to handle games with ease.

Collapse -
I knew I had seen a 14.1" one before.
by Cyborganizer / March 14, 2007 1:31 PM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) It appears to be out of production.
by Cyborganizer / March 14, 2007 1:43 PM PDT
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.