Computer Help forum

ta1 touchscreen driver

by npatuto / February 13, 2013 1:18 AM PST

i have a gateway cx series ta1 with windows 7 and need a driver for the touchscreen. ANYONE?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ta1 touchscreen driver
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ta1 touchscreen driver
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
There appear to be 19 models in that series.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 13, 2013 5:33 AM PST
In reply to: ta1 touchscreen driver
Collapse -
by npatuto / February 13, 2013 11:00 AM PST

thanx bob. i spent most of the day yesterday on gateway and using a couple of driver scanners as a last resort but to no avail. ideas?

Collapse -
It's the finepoint driver at link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 13, 2013 12:49 PM PST
In reply to: cx2610
Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 13, 2013 12:53 PM PST
Collapse -
assistance appreciated
by npatuto / February 13, 2013 8:47 PM PST
In reply to: READ THIS LINK.

all help or ideas appreciated, bob. i'd done as you'd suggested and was getting frustrated since i've been repairing\restoring pc's and laptops for over 10 years. i never have liked gateway/e-machine\acer support but this one was kicking me you know where. thanx for the link.

Collapse -
Never had a support issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 14, 2013 2:27 AM PST
In reply to: assistance appreciated

I think you want support to extend past the warranty period by a long time. As I read about this model it's support barely extended to Vista. And if you read that last link, folk found a way to get around the issue and get it working in Windows 7.

Gateway or any other company have employees that are mostly great folk. However since the company won't pay for support past some day or OS then we get to pay for that later as you suspect.

And when we go beyond the OS that is supported there is no support there. Some folk get worked up about that but I wonder (actually I don't!) about where support is heading today.

Years ago we had to remove support from being included with the product. It's now pay as you go or hope for others to pitch in.

Collapse -
by npatuto / February 14, 2013 9:45 AM PST

oh its not the people that bother me, its the generic support site. i know it can be a pain to update support for a product past its prime, and i'm ok with that. i just don't think the site stacks up at all against those like hp or toshiba. then again maybe its just me.

anyhow, i did get it working thru the info on the other thread you sent me. thanx again.

Collapse -
Don't get me started about HP.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 14, 2013 9:50 AM PST
In reply to: support

HP can't repair their own laptops. That is, last year I encountered an issue and after 8 hours on the phone on a 3 month old laptop they took it back. It came back only to lock up in 5 minutes and all further calls ended with we've done all we can. Sorry.

At 9 months the HP laptop was still non-functional and it was time to move on. As you can imagine, I can't write nice if they can't fix their products.

Collapse -
by npatuto / February 14, 2013 11:52 PM PST

hp's live 'support' personnel are questionable at best but their user driven site does great for me and navigates well as long as you can provide suitable product info. its easier when there are 3 ways to id the product rather than a product id not necessarily the series (acer/e-machine/gateway) needed..

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.