Samsung

General discussion

T260HD Xbox 360 and PS3 issues

by judolf / December 30, 2009 1:33 PM PST

I've tried connecting both via component and hdmi to my new samsung t260hd monitor, and while hdmi looks slightly better than component, the picture is still blurry and washed out. I set it to "just scan" so it doesn't stretch the image, but I'm not sure if this is an issue with the settings or if the monitor is defective.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: T260HD Xbox 360 and PS3 issues
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: T260HD Xbox 360 and PS3 issues
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
T260HD Xbox 360 and PS3 issues
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 1, 2010 12:12 PM PST

judolf,

Have you tried adjusting the output resolution settings in the game console?

--HDTech

Collapse -
by judolf / January 2, 2010 8:20 AM PST

Yes I've tried every possible configuration in both consoles. The weird thing is the menus look sharp its just when you play games the picture is blurry.

Collapse -
you ever figure it out
by poolmonitor / February 18, 2010 6:21 AM PST
In reply to: reply

i got the same problem with mines too. so have you ever found out how to fix it. this monitor is starting to piss me off

Collapse -
T260HD to PS3 via HDMI = Terrible Quality
by gdubbs24 / February 26, 2010 10:17 PM PST
In reply to: you ever figure it out

T260HD hooked up to my PS3 via HDMI... the pic quality is borderline terrible. Same deal as above, the menus look great, crisp and sharp. Once a game loads, it looks blurry and bleeding. I have tried everything and I'm at my wits end. It is some sort of game-play issue between the PS3 and t260HD. I'm starting to regret buying this monitor as i have never had any issues with my ps3 connected to any of my other HDTV's (Sony and Sharp)

Collapse -
Mine looks good
by adam2121 / March 4, 2010 1:33 PM PST

Not a solution, just a comparison. I just got my T260HD from Buy.com and hooked it up to the 250G PS3 slim I got from SonyStyle the other day. Looked good to me almost straight out of the box. This was the first time I'd used the HDMI on the PS3 so it (the PS3) asked if I wanted to automatically optimize settings (or something like that), I said yes, adjusted a couple things in the monitor's settings to make it a bit better to the naked eye (as opposed to a calibration DVD which I don't have with me in the hotel) and MLB10 and Bioshock 2 look fine.

Once again sorry that's not a solution but maybe your's is faulty, there's settings you're missing, or I'm just not a videophile Happy

Collapse -
looks better
by Milkyjoe / March 13, 2010 7:18 AM PST
In reply to: Mine looks good

I found the best thing to do, is set AV mode to off then set image size to wide.

Collapse -
forget what i said about turning off av in monitor menu
by Milkyjoe / March 24, 2010 8:02 AM PDT
In reply to: looks better

i have a samsung t260 monitor and to make the picture sharper, this is with xbox 360 through hdmi is to set it to:

Xbox 360 settings
Resolution: 720p
Reference level: Intermediate

Monitor settings
MagicBright: custom
Brightness: 100
Contrast: 75
MagicColor: off
Color tone: Normal
Gamma mode: 3
Image size: Just Scan
AV mode: On
Hdmi black level: Normal

some games look better than other, it depends on the games native resolution, Forza 3 looks really nice for me now.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.