Phones

General discussion

T Mobile Balckberry 8900

by boholano68 / March 9, 2009 11:31 AM PDT

Can I access the internet thru wifi without a data plan? I can not get access to my yahoo messenger on my 8900. It tells me that it service not enabled for this handheld. Where can I get applications? But I love the phone.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: T Mobile Balckberry 8900
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: T Mobile Balckberry 8900
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wifi works with the 8900
by bkfinest / March 9, 2009 10:36 PM PDT

You should be able to connect to wifi and go on the web.
if you have a wifi at home you can connect to that no problem.
i have the data plan but the phone works with my wifi connection when i turn off my mobile network. if you have any problems connecting to your own wifi try to remove the password off the router.

Collapse -
Internet access
by boholano68 / March 10, 2009 7:04 AM PDT

I can access my wifi but I just cant get into the internet. Is it because I have not subscribed to the T Mobile data plan? I thought that I can access the internet thru my wifi WITHOUT the data plan?

Collapse -
Problem with Router?
by BlackBerry_Boy / March 10, 2009 12:07 PM PDT
In reply to: Internet access

Bolano -

You can definitely connect through Wi-Fi alone. Maybe you are connecting to your router, and your router doesn't have a good connection to the internet?

I'd try a friends wireless to ensure its not your connection ...

Collapse -
Blackberry 8900
by boholano68 / March 10, 2009 2:50 PM PDT
In reply to: Internet access

I can get access to my router. But where do I go after that? I mean What should I click to get into the internet? I tried the browser but its telling me that I do not have a dta plan subscription.

Collapse -
Install Opera mini
by Ed_L468 / March 10, 2009 11:56 PM PDT
In reply to: Blackberry 8900

nt

Collapse -
internet through wifi without data plan
by gsmwifi / March 14, 2009 6:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Blackberry 8900

I have the same issue, Did you solve yours?

Collapse -
YES!
by boholano68 / March 15, 2009 4:05 AM PDT

I did and all i had to do was get change to the hotspot option. I know.... Im an cavemen..... I like electronic stuff but when it comes to trouble shooting . I always asks experts or asks opinions from oters. Thanks and by the way, I love my Blackberry 8900. Wont exchange it for the IPHONE.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.