PC Applications forum

General discussion

System Mechanic 9 or Advanced System Care

by dnoonkeste / September 13, 2009 11:34 AM PDT

I have Systemic Mechanic 7 installed and I have been using it. I came upon Advanced System Care and I installed it. I noticed that system care does a lot of things that System Mechanic does and it is free. My question is, which one is the best<
Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: System Mechanic 9 or Advanced System Care
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: System Mechanic 9 or Advanced System Care
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
System Mechanic 9 or Advanced System Care
by Tony0264 / September 15, 2009 5:50 PM PDT

I own a small computer repair shop and am big advocate of all things free, especially software. Sometimes you do get exactly what you pay for, and other times you get so much more. I once heard of Big Foot, but can?t really say they exist. So I don?t always believe what I hear and only half of what I see. So I always try to pit two similar programs against each other to see if they really work, do what they claim and try to determine the better. Two of the best programs (free or paid) on the market today are Advanced System Care and CCleaner. Please don?t spend money if you don?t have to, always investigate Freeware as a viable alternative and keep your eye on CNET?s top 20 list(http://download.cnet.com/windows/).

Collapse -
Correct link
by kakarukeys / September 18, 2009 7:26 PM PDT

The link above has some problem (one char more). Here's the correct link:
http://download.cnet.com/windows/
I noticed most of the top software on that list are security related.

Message was edited by: admin to remove site promotion which is prohibited in these forums.

Collapse -
ASC 7 Works
by mrpaul / October 17, 2014 9:09 PM PDT

I had the free version, and when they offered a very good price for the 3 computer license, I bought the pro version. All 3 of my computers use it, and they have no problems. It is very intuitive and does what it is supposed to. Includes a premium uninstaller as good as Revo Uninstaller, a driver updater as well as a defrag utility. I can only say that after using for a year, it was well worth the just under twenty bucks for 3 computer license. Yes, I will renew since my computers work fine using this, plus Malwarebytes free, and Avast free.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.