Samsung forum

General discussion

SWA 4000

by tcm25 / February 20, 2009 8:44 PM PST

When I play the volume up to number 9 it is ok but when I play it louder the unit`s fan starts up and the buzzing noise is terrible,I have taken the unit back and have received a replacement but that is not any better,if I press my hand over the unit the buzzing stops (have tried placing unit in different places and with different materials underneath) is this a common problem?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SWA 4000
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SWA 4000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Very little feedback
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 23, 2009 12:50 PM PST
In reply to: SWA 4000

tcm25,

I haven't seen many people post about the SWA-400, but of the posts I have, I haven't seen anyone post a complaint about the same issue.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Horrible Samsung SWA-400 Wireless Rear Speaker System Whine
by r320gilmore / April 30, 2009 7:22 PM PDT

I have the exact same problem. It's VERY IRRITATING. The system is otherwise flawless. What's the deal with this?

I'm on my second receiver... I hate sending it away for 2 weeks only to receive another set of speakers with a nails on chalkboard sound eminating from them.

I can't seem to find a solution short of hiding it in a soundproof box.

Collapse -
Samsung SWA-400
by tcm25 / April 30, 2009 11:44 PM PDT

I know how you feel I returned 2 units before I actually got 1 that worked.I have spoken to the shop and have been told both units had the same fault so it must be a common problem.Hope you get it sorted.

Collapse -
SWA-4000 fan noise!
by rslavelle / May 28, 2009 12:28 AM PDT

I am having the same problem with an SWA-4000 unit I got yesterday. I hope Samsung will make this right!

Collapse -
SWA-4000 fan noise!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 28, 2009 8:41 AM PDT
In reply to: SWA-4000 fan noise!

rslavelle,

I will be adding your comments (and the rest of the comments in this thread) in a report I'm sending up this week.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung swa-4000 fan noise
by rslavelle / May 28, 2009 9:21 AM PDT

I hope you will advise us how to proceed to correct swa-4000 fan noise issue. Thank you.

Collapse -
Samsung swa-4000 fan noise
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 28, 2009 9:41 AM PDT

rslavelle,

Did it start after owning or running it for a while, or did it come out of the box that way?

--HDTech

Collapse -
SWA-4000
by rslavelle / May 28, 2009 11:21 AM PDT

It came out of the box that way. I got the unit last week from Amazon.com and installed it yesterday.

Collapse -
SWA-4000
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 29, 2009 7:08 AM PDT
In reply to: SWA-4000

rslavelle,

I will be checking into this, however, I don't have any way of guaranteeing a fix on this. You may want to exchange it; it's up to you. I want you to be happy with our products in the meantime.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung swa4000 / 4000 xeu / 4100
by andrewjr1969 / June 13, 2009 5:18 PM PDT

Hi I have just ordered a SWA4000-XEU (not sure if this is different) . Any way, question I have is that I have bought a BLuray samsung 5.1 home cinema system (model HT-BD1252), and have just noticed that the instruction manual says I need a SWA4100. (Yet SWA4100 appears no where in the UK). I have been advised by two different electrical retailers that the SWA4000 XEU is fine and that the XT card is compatible. But can anyone confirm if this is correct please? Or will the SWA4000XEU not work with my HTBD1252 system???
Quick answer appreciated from the samsung hd tech please or anyone else who knows!! Happy Thanks
Andrew

Collapse -
Samsung swa4000 / 4000 xeu / 4100
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 14, 2009 6:30 AM PDT

andrewjr1969,

I believe it will be compatible, but I have no way of verifying at this point if that's the case. Since it's already ordered, keep me posted and we'll go from there.

Is it possible that, in the event it doesn't work, that you can return it?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung SWA 4000 compatible with HTBD1252 5.1 Home Cinema
by andrewjr1969 / June 17, 2009 5:10 AM PDT

Hi just to let you know that despite the Samsung HTBD1252 handbook saying you need the SWA4100 wireless receiver to have wireless rear speakers, I have just received the SWA4000 unit, and it works fine. All I had to do was:

1) Install the XT wireless card in the back of the bluray player
2) Plug in the speakers and turn on the wireless receiver.
3) Turn on blue ray player
And within seconds everything paired and working straight away!
Easy!

Collapse -
: Samsung SWA 4000 compatible with HTBD1252 5.1 Home Cinema
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 19, 2009 10:30 AM PDT

andrewjr1969,

Thanks for following up. It'll be good for others in the same situation to know that there is another option.

Congrats, and enjoy your home cinema!

--HDTech

Collapse -
Perhaps as SWA-4000 owners you can help with my issue?
by EnglishmaninNY / September 4, 2009 4:18 AM PDT
Collapse -
Update?
by MarcusHamburg / December 12, 2009 3:59 AM PST

Hello,

Is there any update on this SWA-4000 fan noise issue?
I use it since two weeks with a HT-BD 1250 and just found that the fan starts everytime the rear speaker are activated/used.
The fan stops while taking the 4000 receiver box up but starts immedeatly after placing it again.
So I am not sure what to do - send it back to Amazon for replacement and hope that the replacement works or keep it?

Collapse -
SWA-4000 Fan Noise
by wolfbach / December 7, 2009 1:17 AM PST

The SWA 4000 came with my HT-BD3252 home theater system. The unit exhibits a very audible "Wrrr..." in the fan motor, which begins operation when volume is set above level 13. At this volume the noise is quite distracting and is noticible as background noise until the volume is above level 22, this assuming the music has no quite passages. I returned the unit to Samsung for repair with the issue as stated, however the repaired unit exhibits exactly the same behavior. The repair invoice states the PART AH81-04177C was replaced, I checked this on a Samsung parts web-site which identifies it as a "Fan Motor". I visited a local Best Buy to make a comparison, but their HT-BD3252 display model was not powered up for demo. Checking his computer the sales rep. though this was a common complaint. Very disapointing for an otherwise fine product.

Collapse -
Question/// Can I use a swa 4100 instead of 4000?
by imailin / December 29, 2009 10:24 PM PST
In reply to: SWA-4000 Fan Noise

Hi, I purchased by mistake in ebay a SWA 4100 instead of 4000. I just realized and they wont return the item, Will it work in my Samsung Home theather system HT-BD1250? will it be compatible? please let me know if you guys know. Thanks!

Collapse -
by alvietony / January 13, 2010 4:43 AM PST

I'd check with Samsungparts.com When I spoke with someone there, they sais the SWA 4000 was discontinued and the 4100 took it's place. I took that to mean it was compatible with everything the 4000 was. Couldn't ghurt to doublecheck though. Hope they solved the noisy fan problem! Hope this helps

Collapse -
Fan Noise Issue
by rishigulati / January 3, 2010 1:02 AM PST
In reply to: SWA-4000 Fan Noise

I got BD 3252 couple of weeks ago. I love the unit but the Fan Noise issue is slowly taking away the charm of a new unit. Don't knwo how long can I handle this before I return this otherwise very fine unit.

Hopefully, Samsung provides a resolution soon.

Collapse -
HT-BD7255r
by ggdewi / January 3, 2010 10:29 PM PST
In reply to: Fan Noise Issue

I purchased the HT-BD7255r Blue Ray home cinema, which comes supplied with the SWA4000 module.
The system is wonderfull and so far exceeds my expectations; however....The noisy fan of the RWA4000 is indeed very irritating. Unlike some other posts, the fan switches on as soon as the rear speakers are activated. The rear speakers, with the SWA4000 are about 5m behind the point where I'm sitting to watch the TV, but the noise is always hearable.
It is a real pitty; because the system itself, design and all is without any doubt top class.

Collapse -
Same Issue with the SWA-4100
by rkieber / January 28, 2010 11:00 PM PST

I have the same issue with the SWA-4100 included with the Samsung HT-Z520T. I notice only on the HDMI inpput when I am switch stations or the volume is above 9. It is very annoying and distracting. Is there any way to reduce the noise?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.