Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Suspicions Confirmed: Todd Akin praised the militia

by Ziks511 / October 31, 2012 4:33 PM PDT

3 weeks after the Oklahoma City Bombing.

"Missouri GOP Senate candidate Todd Akin not only wrote a letter praising a right-wing paramilitary group in the 1990s, but he defended the militia movement to the media and "checked out" the local group, a newly unearthed news report shows. And he did all this the month after the Oklahoma City bombing, perpetrated by militia movement sympathizer Timothy McVeigh."

http://www.salon.com/2012/10/31/akin_defended_militias_in_wake_of_okc_bombing/

It looks like the extreme right are at least side-stepping closer to their goal. No Democracy, merely an Oligarchy run by the 1000 richest Americans.

How utterly afraid of their superiors are the vast majority of people who once thought they had a party to represent them. The only thing the GOP represents anymore is Grossly Overpaid People.

Rob

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Suspicions Confirmed: Todd Akin praised the militia
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Suspicions Confirmed: Todd Akin praised the militia
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It sure would have been nice
by TONI H / October 31, 2012 7:06 PM PDT

if you liberals and the rags you love so much would have vetted the CURRENT prez so deeply into his past and his associates before letting him tingle your legs and other body parts so much.

Collapse -
And true to form....
by Josh K / October 31, 2012 10:43 PM PDT

.....you manage to take a post about the Oklahoma City bombing and try to divert it into a rant about "BO."

Collapse -
And liberals never
by TONI H / October 31, 2012 11:22 PM PDT
In reply to: And true to form....

compare THEIR vetting process of Conservatives and Republicans by drudging thru stuff even back to highschool with the lack of vetting they do for liberals and Dems. When YOUR guy seems to walk on water, you believe it right to the death, even if the non-vetting can lead to the slow death of your own country....in fact, you ENCOURAGE it. Amazing to me. If we bring up ANYTHING shady about BO's past, it is pooh-poohed and ignored completely as if you are swatting away a mere fruit fly. Anything about a Rep's past though is front page headlines for months and repeated in SE as if it dropped from the bible itself. Every Dem wrong-doing is explained away and given the benefit of the doubt right up until people like Weiner drop off the face of the earth voluntarily because they are hardly ever forced out by their own party. (operative words....hardly ever......I didn't say never). There have been a number of instances of absolutely abhorrent behavior by House/Senate Dem members just since BO took over that have been allowed to get by the press and liberals here in SE and you know it, but nary a word. You cannot have your cake and eat it, too, Josh.

Collapse -
Let's try this, Toni
by Josh K / October 31, 2012 11:24 PM PDT
In reply to: And liberals never

Address Todd Akin and OKC without bringing "BO" or "liberals" into it.

Collapse -
As soon as you finally acknowledge
by TONI H / October 31, 2012 11:26 PM PDT
In reply to: Let's try this, Toni

and address BO's affiliations and associations with Ayers, et al

Collapse -
So that would be an "I can't"
by Josh K / October 31, 2012 11:28 PM PDT

So be it.

Collapse -
Nope... it's an I won't
by TONI H / November 1, 2012 12:43 AM PDT

anymore than you will

Collapse -
The thread is about Akin
by Josh K / November 1, 2012 4:03 AM PDT

I'm not going to participate in allowing you to derail it and turn it into something about Obama. If you want to start a separate thread about Bill Ayers, go ahead.

Collapse -
awwww....liberals here don't like it
by TONI H / November 1, 2012 5:10 AM PDT

when they aren't the ones derailing a topic and having it hijacked and veered into another direction? Does that mean that if conservatives don't play the game by your rules, you'll take your bat and ball and go home?

Collapse -
No
by Josh K / November 1, 2012 5:36 AM PDT

It just means I'm not going to participate when you try to do it. Ed O'D used to pull that tactic all the time and I never let him do it to me either.

With that, unless you change your mind and decide to respond on-topic, I'm out of this subthread.

Collapse -
You can't?
by James Denison / November 1, 2012 1:16 AM PDT

Ok, at least you admitted it.

Collapse -
How long ago was that bombing?
by James Denison / November 1, 2012 1:16 AM PDT
In reply to: And true to form....

More misdirection since we have a major election in a week and Ziks is digging up old garbage to try and make more stink.

Collapse -
OH... so now starting any thread about a subject...
by grimgraphix / November 1, 2012 5:16 AM PDT

... that doesn't meet YOUR agenda is a misdirection?

You are not a history rewriter... you're a history denier.

Simple solution to your problem here James... don't read it and don't reply. That's what I do with most of your posts.

Wink

Collapse -
LOL, that's how you read most everything
by James Denison / November 1, 2012 1:05 PM PDT

I suspect.

Collapse -
RE: don't read it and don't reply.
by JP Bill / November 1, 2012 1:27 PM PDT

He's half way there...he doesn't read posts...

the power to make a well pump water thread is an example.

Collapse -
I referred to the fact
by James Denison / November 1, 2012 2:20 PM PDT

that you already knew that. Or maybe you can't retain information as much as I gave you credit for.

Collapse -
RE: I referred to the fact that you already knew that.
by JP Bill / November 1, 2012 2:41 PM PDT
In reply to: I referred to the fact
No power equals no water, unless you have a hand pump well too. You really don't think these things out before you reply, do you?

You're telling me something I already know, and you're acknowledging that I already know it?

And then you tell me "You really don't think these things out before you reply, do you?"

Keep digging James, eventually YOU"LL have a well.

And you don't need a hand pump to have water to flush your toilet when there is a power failure. One source of water when you live in the country is a brook...a source I've used a few times in the last 35 years of living in the country and needing power to operate MY well.
Collapse -
IF you're lucky enough to HAVE a brook
by TONI H / November 1, 2012 8:48 PM PDT

(We call them 'creeks' here) and many don't. I'm fortunate enough to have two running on either side of my house. Didn't do me any good this summer when power was out for over a week though because it was a drought and they weren't running. A bathtub filled ahead of time is your best bet, if you are also lucky enough to have some kind of warning that it's coming. I'm also lucky enough to have the original reservoir at the upper end of my backyard that years ago was tied into the house pump at the back door (water runs downhill, you know)......but due to some landscaping I had done here two years ago, the line was broken near the reservoir and it hasn't been replaced yet, so I didn't have that option either. It will be fixed this spring for sure.

Collapse -
IF You're lucky enough to HAVE a brook
by JP Bill / November 1, 2012 9:05 PM PDT

YOU have 4 creeks AND a reservoir.....YOU'RE living on easy street.

I'd be poor folk in your part of the world, with my little brook....but it hasn't been dry in 35 years..IF it does go dry, I can walk for 10 minutes and I'll be at the river.

Things we all know?

(water runs downhill, you know), and (S*** stinks, you know)....You are now a plumber.

Collapse -
What if we re-vet every elected official in Washington
by northgate64 / November 2, 2012 12:24 PM PDT

right now and run polls on who should be in jail right now for benefiting financially from their elected position, and THEN light up the blue/red map with the % results? Anyone in a vetting and betting mood on this?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.