Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Gomer gets married!

by Ziks511 / January 30, 2013 11:19 AM PST

Jim Nabors weds his long-time companion. It's about time since his homosexuality has been an open secret for 40 years or more. Before anyone takes this the wrong way, I have no problem with it, it's just a news story. I'm sure it's on Google by now.

Rob

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Gomer gets married!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Gomer gets married!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Gomer didn't get "married"
by James Denison / January 30, 2013 2:05 PM PST

He and another guy did something, but it's not "marriage".

Collapse -
(NT) Whatever. That's YOUR opinion.
by Ziks511 / January 31, 2013 1:23 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) No, that's a FACT
by James Denison / January 31, 2013 1:28 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) Then PROVE it.
by JP Bill / February 2, 2013 12:07 PM PST
In reply to: No, that's a FACT
Collapse -
Done
by James Denison / February 2, 2013 5:11 PM PST
In reply to: Then PROVE it.

Marriage - Merriam-Webster Online
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/marriage
a (1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law.

Collapse -
UNdone
by JP Bill / February 2, 2013 8:11 PM PST
In reply to: Done

Definition of MARRIAGE

a (1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage

: an intimate or close union <the marriage of painting and poetry — J. T. Shawcross>

Since painting and poetry can be "married", so can 2 males or 2 females.

Collapse -
One of the worst-kept secrets in Hollywood
by Josh K / January 31, 2013 4:51 AM PST

I still remember the rumor about him and Rock Hudson, which wasn't true. I Googled it the other day and apparently it all started when someone sent out a gag party invitation that referred to them as a couple.

Congratulations to them both.

Collapse -
Never heard the Rock Hudson story. I never heard anything
by Ziks511 / February 2, 2013 8:05 AM PST

but the odd comment about him being gay. I dismissed the rumours in the 60's as the usual BS, but by 1975 and the absence of any relationships mentioned in the papers I shrugged and said maybe but whoo cares? it was never an issue for me. I had occasion to see him singing on Television and ir was my judgement from his mannerisms and something about his singing that suggested it was true. I never said a word about it to anyone that I can recall because he was not someone I found particularly interesting or appealing as an actor or an artist, and nobody else I knew did either.

As you said, Toni, I wish them good luck.

Rob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.