TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Suggestions for TV with good sound.

by krug0043 / April 21, 2007 5:11 PM PDT

I am looking for a LCD or plasma TV that has very good built in speakers because I don't want any speaker wires showing. I would also like one that has a DVD built into it. My price range would be between $1000 - $2000. HDTV would be a plus, not a necessisity. Any suggestions?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Suggestions for TV with good sound.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Suggestions for TV with good sound.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Riverledge / April 21, 2007 5:21 PM PDT

MANUFACTURER PUTS a DVD in a plasma or LCD; except PORTABLE.
Look into the PANASONIC PLASMAs or SONY LCDs. The PANASONIC PX600U series has pretty decent BUILT-IN speakers. HURRY, as they are being discontinued!!!

Collapse -
by stewart norrie / April 22, 2007 2:37 AM PDT

First a hi-def t.v is like a window to the world, movies are as good as a movie theater, sports are mindbending you can see every blade of grass, natrure like Discovery h.d. theater will give you goose bumps You are buying something that will last for years and years and give you awsome entertainment. So the t.v. is only part of a complete system that you will lust for after you see that stunning picture to begin with forget about quality t.v. sound dont even go there.First step is the t.v. go the biggest screen size you can afford 50" is ideal even if you have to save some more money you dont want to watch a postage stamp size screen squinting your eyes to see the fine detial, second you MUST feed it so a satellite or cable hi-def system is a must the hi-def package will give you wounderful progreamming well worth the small extra fee. then a d.v.d. player any quality $150 unit will work fine and last yess a sweet 5.1. audio system This is sort of like buying a new Cadillac with out a radio, heater, air, etc you will lust for all the goodies to make it a system that you will love stewe

Collapse -
I get all that but...
by krug0043 / April 22, 2007 2:45 PM PDT

I just need a TV for my main level that will be respectable. My home entertainment system will be downstairs. On my main level I want to place a plasma or LCD TV (about 40 inches or so) on a sofa table, so I just want something sleek. I don't want all that other stuff. I just need a recomendation on a good TV that will give quality sound.

Collapse -
In your price range
by HTHMAN / April 23, 2007 5:38 AM PDT
In reply to: I get all that but...

It is the 42" Panasonic PX600U. That model has the upgraded speakers. You might even be able to score the 50" model for under $2000 if you hurry before they are all gone. I view my 50" at about 9-9.5 feet and it is great.

Collapse -
by Riverledge / April 26, 2007 10:28 PM PDT
In reply to: In your price range

especially the PX600U models.

Collapse -
by tdw1954 / December 5, 2012 7:38 AM PST

Why do people waste everyone's time telling people what they are asking for is not what they want?

Collapse -
Me too.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 5, 2012 2:51 PM PST
In reply to: Why

As I don't hear any with good sound what would be the right answer except that you need to add something?

Also, if you found one, why not share that?

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.