Car Tech

General discussion

subaru wrx or rx8??

by dchvs / November 16, 2009 4:49 PM PST

im wondering what car should i buy! help me out!!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: subaru wrx or rx8??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: subaru wrx or rx8??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
personally like wrx better
by bradtom / May 17, 2010 10:14 AM PDT
In reply to: subaru wrx or rx8??

I personally like the subaru wrx sti better than rx8 because of its build and engineering. the performance is also better but in the end it will come down to your specific requirements

Collapse -
Agreed, WRX
by Yuzer_Nayme / November 18, 2010 8:59 AM PST

The RX8 is beautifully balanced and fun to drive, but lacks space inside and feels a notch below a WRX in terms of build quality. Plus, AWD, pretend-rallying, etc.

Collapse -
Hope you went with something other then the two
by SuperGeek81 / January 6, 2011 4:04 AM PST

I had an 07 STI, which at 36K miles caught fire with a blown rod, after being in and out of the service dept for months... The RX8 might be a better car, but basing this on the issues the Rx7 rotary motors had i wouldnt buy one if you are planning on driving it everyday. On a side note the Stock WRX will walk the RX8 on any road, any day, in any weather... It really depends on what you are going to use it for, where you live, what the weather is like, and how you like to drive. I drove the Rx8 and wasnt impressed, especially since i drove it after an 05 GTO, which now; that is a car!

Collapse -
05 GTO?
by Dan Filice / January 7, 2011 5:20 AM PST

I kinda like the GTO, but after you praised the WRX for having better handling than the RX8, how can you say the GTO is "the car"? On what criteria are you basing this on? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've always read how great the WRX is for handling, so I'm just curious how the GTO can rate better.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.