Samsung forum

Question

streaming problem

by pove007 / December 28, 2011 10:58 PM PST

Have a 7000 series Samsung led smart tv. Broadband speed check is 8.56 mbps - am unable to stream free video (HULU.1channel etc.)but ok on pay for view (Netflex etc) - trouble streaming some movie trailers and some demo 3D flicks. Any suggestions - was told by samsung to contact service provider - nothing wrong there????This was what I paid the big bucks for???

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: streaming problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: streaming problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Just a check.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 29, 2011 10:25 AM PST
In reply to: streaming problem

I found HULU to not be available but there was HULU PLUS on most things. This seems to cause some grief as folk discover one is not the other.
Bob

Collapse -
samsung browser limitation re streaming
by pove007 / December 29, 2011 11:58 PM PST
In reply to: Just a check.

Hulu is available for free movies - hulu plus requires payment

Collapse -
I have not found Hulu on most TVs or BD players.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 30, 2011 3:32 AM PST

I think you are repeating what I found out when devices started to appear with internet connectivity.

Bob

Collapse -
samsung streaming problems
by pove007 / December 30, 2011 5:36 AM PST

None of them have an app for hulu but it is accessible with a browser, which my Smart TV has

Collapse -
Browsers on Smart TV's ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 30, 2011 5:41 AM PST

aren't fully compatible with the latest releases of Chrome, Firefox and IE. That might explain the issue you find.

Kees

Collapse -
That did not work here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 30, 2011 5:46 AM PST
Collapse -
That did not work here.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 30, 2011 7:12 AM PST

R. Proffitt,

Collapse -
Sorry but I think the OP wanted hulu.com
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 30, 2011 8:32 AM PST

We know about hulu plus but some thought they could get to hulu.com just like they did on their PC.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Re: This was what I paid the big bucks for???
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 30, 2011 10:45 PM PST

Yes. And you only need very small bucks to buy an additional HDMI cable so you can use the TV as a monitor for your PC or laptop (assuming that has HDMI-out). Then you can use hulu.com on your TV using the browser on your PC/laptop. Might be an acceptable work-around.

Kees

Collapse -
streaming
by pove007 / January 4, 2012 11:30 PM PST

I paid $2400 for a tv with a browser and now i am suppose to use it as a monitor! I am also finding I cannot stream from HBO GO or MAX GO. They have put software in the OS to prevent competition for all the pay for use apps. This is rediculous - people should be made aware of this - I certainly will not recommend Samsung! Samsung asked me to review the TV - i was a little critical and they refused to publish my review.

Collapse -
Be critical.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 5, 2012 12:07 AM PST
In reply to: streaming

But be fair. For example, if you wanted to dish it out over Hulu and Hulu+ (plus) then you can't be fair if you only wrote about one HDTV maker. All of them did this.
Bob

Collapse -
streaming
by pove007 / January 5, 2012 11:33 AM PST
In reply to: Be critical.

What an absolutely rediculous statement - don't complain about anything that does not meet reasonable expectations because most things don't. This type of attitude is why the American Automobile Industry almost went out of buisness.

Collapse -
Did you just write?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 5, 2012 11:53 AM PST
In reply to: streaming

I'm sorry but can you clarify your post. If we are to complain about streaming, shouldn't name all those that have this issue?

Collapse -
Answer
Streaming issues
by NB2A / February 24, 2013 6:26 AM PST

It seems streaming any videos that are online content freeze up at this point on the series 7000 Samsung I have.

Collapse -
Re: Streaming issues
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 27, 2013 12:12 AM PST
In reply to: Streaming issues

Hi NB2A,

I'm very sorry to hear that has happened, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. In order for me to help you most accurately, please provide the complete model code for this TV.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
SAMSUNG UN467000LF STREAMING VIDEO
by skua997 / November 23, 2013 7:04 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Streaming issues

I have the same issue as the other people here have with Samsung TV. I have to do the same thing as you recommend use my Samsung TV as a monitor. I bought this TV because it was advertised that I could use it to stream video from the internet and I can't do that on certain URL's (CWTV.com). The streaming freezes and turns off and on at an incredible rate.
I don't have a problem with NETFLIX streaming. I just didn't expect to have to use my computer to access web streaming. If you have any suggesting on how I might get better streaming results from the web from my TV I would really appreciate it.

I also agree with the post above about the advertising of the TV and it's streaming capabilities being misleading.

I don't expect to get a response but I thought I'd give it a try anyway. I have 2 SAMSUNG TV's and would like the products to be better.

Collapse -
Did you find the discussion about browser limitations?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 23, 2013 7:50 AM PST

It's certainly better than the browsers in TV's just a few years ago but I'm finding consumers want a browser as good as a PC. So wouldn't that take a PC?
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.