PC Applications forum

Question

Strange pop up for Flash Player HD

by imgrateful_1 / May 13, 2013 9:52 PM PDT

About 2 weeks ago I started getting this very annoying pop up for installing flash player. It looks authentic with the trademark for Flash player. ( F ) But I have been just xing out of it. Then when I go to a link from email I get another pop saying flash player is required to view this content. I have run all of my security scans. I have ccleaner which is a different program from security but I always run that to keep things "clean". I have SAS (Superanti Spyware) I also have Malwarebytes. I have Norton. my OS is Win 7. Toshiba laptop. Somebody help me with this. My first thought is some kind of virus invading my system.? I never open any emails I don't recognize. I keep myself updated on security issues so I always have caution in mind. Thanks for any response to this issue. imgrateful_1 always.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Strange pop up for Flash Player HD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Strange pop up for Flash Player HD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: this popup
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 13, 2013 9:55 PM PDT

- What very annoying popup exactly?
- What link from email?
- Is Flash actually installed on your system?
- If so, did you uninstall it and reinstall it from the Adobe site?

Kees

Collapse -
problem with a flash player popup
by imgrateful_1 / May 14, 2013 2:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: this popup

Thank you for your reply. It isn't connected with adobe, that's why I'm concerned with it being something "dirty" invading my computer. I have all the necessary adobe products that are important for the different functions. Adobe Air, Player 11 Active X , Flash Player 11 plugin, and the Reader X (11.0.2) So it isn't an issue of me uninstalling a program. When I click on a link within a newsletter email is when I get the main popup to stall the program. I get 2 different popups. ( flash player is required to view this content. ) when I x out of that smaller popup window I proceed to the page I was attempting to go with out any issue or problems with viewing any part of the page I was going to. A very strange mystery. thanks for your help.

Collapse -
Me too!
by Andy_In_Brum / June 25, 2013 8:12 AM PDT

The exact same thing has happened to me in the last few days. fed up of closing it down every few minutes. HELP!!!! How do I stop it?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.