Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

StealthMachines Computer Company

by argusg / June 8, 2005 2:16 PM PDT

how good are these prices compared to other companies with the same level of coolness? I'm looking for a gaming PC that is cool looking but doesn't cost an arm and a leg like alienware. http://www.stealthmachines.com . I like the "Shadow." Should I go for it, or is there a better company for my needs out there?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: StealthMachines Computer Company
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: StealthMachines Computer Company
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE:
by damasta55r / June 8, 2005 2:48 PM PDT

Your choice to go with that company, but i'll tell you, just by customizing the shadow, it's the same price as building your own, but i still don't like that company. GO to cyberpowersystem.com to check out the cyberpower systems. They offer the same price if not cheaper for the same parts and assembly, but that company is a lot more common and has more advertisements in well-known pc magazines, such as pcmag, etc..
Roger

Collapse -
huh?
by argusg / June 8, 2005 2:50 PM PDT
In reply to: RE:

why don't you like them?

Collapse -
RE:
by damasta55r / June 8, 2005 2:52 PM PDT
In reply to: huh?

That company is probably a home-run company from the looks of the website. Just by the website configuration, the avilability of the owners sn for aim and msn, and email would imply this is either a fradulent company, or a company run by some hobbist who would build your computer for fun, charging almost non-existent labor costs because i doubt he could get those parts so cheap...

Collapse -
btw
by damasta55r / June 8, 2005 2:55 PM PDT
In reply to: huh?

do u work for them, why do you keep recommending that shitass company to everyone. Don't expect this to be free advertisement, as ppl here wouldn't buy from you. I don't only participate in cnet forums, but other computer forums. Through these forums, i have a long list of computer manufacturers i would recommend to people and from experience i would NEVER RECOMMEND a company like that.

Collapse -
Cyberpower reviews??
by mackman / June 9, 2005 1:02 AM PDT
In reply to: btw
Collapse -
Only about half people complained.
by damasta55r / June 9, 2005 4:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Cyberpower reviews??

You get what you pay for...

Collapse -
Damastra55r
by jcd / June 9, 2005 1:14 AM PDT
In reply to: btw

Why so angry? what is your experience (hands on with this machine) And how do you know what they pay for components through their supply chain, overhead,profit margins etc. We all have our preference and favorites and all are certainly entitled to our opinions as you so strongly express yours

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) $9.98 to take your order?
by caktus / June 9, 2005 5:14 AM PDT
Collapse -
re
by argusg / June 9, 2005 6:15 AM PDT

lol I think you read it wrong... look @ that page again hehe

Collapse -
re re
by caktus / June 9, 2005 10:36 AM PDT
In reply to: re
Collapse -
uh, build it yourself
by ozos / June 9, 2005 6:57 AM PDT
Collapse -
Use the BBB
by drsmith58 / June 9, 2005 12:48 PM PDT

Suggest your check out the company with the Better Business Bureau.

Collapse -
StealthMachines has an A rating at the Better Business Burea
by pakhet / September 25, 2010 5:46 PM PDT

When shopping for electronics of any kind, considerable time is often spent researching the various products and the companies that make them. The critical points that inevitably make the decision to buy one product over another are the reputation of the product, ( through consumer reviews) the reputation of the company, the warranty, specs and the price of the product.

I was recently going through the process of buying a new computer and had narrowed down my decision to one of five companies:

StealthMachines, Alienware (now owned by Dell), Apple, Puget Systems and Falcon Northwest.

After spending close to 6 months researching build ideas and various companies, I decided to go with StealthMachines because of the company's stellar reputation with the Better Business Bureau and past and current customers.

BBB Accreditation

?StealthMachines LLC has been a BBB Accredited business since January 2009. This means it supports BBB's services to the public and meets our BBB Accreditation standards.

Based on BBB files, StealthMachines LLC has a BBB Rating of A

Customer Complaint History for StealthMachines LLC

BBB processed a total of 0 complaints about StealthMachines LLC in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.

BBB Program Participation

This company has agreed to use special procedures including arbitration, if necessary, to resolve disputes through their participation in the following programs: BBB Identification, BBBOnLine.? ( http://www.bbb.org/northern-colorado/business-reviews/computer-stores/stealthmachines-in-fort-collins-co-46015931 )?

I read reviews about StealthMachines on the company website, competing websites and various forums and the consensus was that the owner, Josef Kulovany, consistently goes above and beyond the call of duty in regards to customer service.

When I went to the StealthMachines website to use their system to configure a build, I played around with a few ideas and then saved a build I liked and emailed it to myself. The next day, Josef emailed me asking if I had any questions or would I like any advice on parts.

When I replied with a few questions, he emailed me back within 20 minutes and had several money saving suggestions, as well as suggesting a different case that would be easy to clean and maintain and included more options for future upgrades.

Every question I asked him was answered quickly and concisely, his prices are competitive with shopping at NewEgg and building it yourself (I'm taking into account the individual shipping and handling charges for the parts that had shipping charges, as well as the cost of smaller items such as thermal paste and custom cabling.)

I'll post an update when my build arrives but I haven't heard anyone who has bought a computer from StealthMachines complain yet so I think that they are a good bet for a custom build Happy

Collapse -
Need Tech approval
by MMOMerlin / January 16, 2013 10:38 AM PST

I am interested in both the Cyberpower and the Stealth Machines. I liked the quality of care from Stealth Machines and I worry about the "big guys" that I will not get the same care. I do worry about the lack of boxing care that was mentioned. If it was foam cradled it might be different. I also worry about the "upgrade options" for things like installing Windows and not 1 sound card even in the basic unit.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.