Phones forum

Question

Spyware for NON iphones

by Kirbyheath / September 29, 2012 6:34 PM PDT

Does anyone know a good free, download for a cell phone spyware for a regular cell phone?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Spyware for NON iphones
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Spyware for NON iphones
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Do you mean....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / September 29, 2012 10:39 PM PDT

....anitivirus application or an application to spy on someone's phone. I hope you did mean antivirus like AVG or Norton (for example).

Collapse -
no I meant to spy on my son
by Kirbyheath / September 30, 2012 4:37 AM PDT
In reply to: Do you mean....

My teenage son is doing things that are of concern to me, need I say more?

Collapse -
This it is time
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 30, 2012 4:41 AM PDT

To dumb down the phone. Exchange it for one that does only what you approve of.

Since you are not tech smart (no offense intended) there is no known click here to spy on a phone tools, you have to solve it in a way you can today.
bob

Collapse -
So you mean ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 30, 2012 4:42 AM PDT

something like a keylogger on a PC, that collects everything typed on the phone.

The equivalent for a phone would be a conversation logger, SMS logger, whatsapp logger, Skype logger, Facebook logger? What exactly would you want to see or hear?

Kees

Collapse -
His kind of phone and please don't judge a mother
by Kirbyheath / September 30, 2012 4:49 AM PDT
In reply to: So you mean ...

his phone Is a Lg Revere and what I want to see are the text messages he is sending and receiving to his phone, and I would like very much for it to be undetected, this is a serious matter and I am trying to save a kids soul,life, and future, talking didn't seem to get thru or help, if I cannot find something to help me with his messages it will be a lie detector test for him, and I really don't want to have to go that route, but I am desperate for him to get straight.

Collapse -
yes
by Kirbyheath / September 30, 2012 4:53 AM PDT
In reply to: So you mean ...

I want to see his phone text messages outgoing and in comings, that is all I am interested in not skype or any of that other stuff. Since cell phones aren't one of my favorite things, and I don't know much about them, I think the SMS logger you mentioned is what I am looking for? NOT sure. There is no Sim card on his phone that I can look at, so spyware was the next step.

Collapse -
Keep in mind...
by birdmantd Forum moderator / September 30, 2012 8:55 AM PDT
In reply to: yes

...that in the real world, it would require a court subpoena, at least in most of the country, to see that content. Not likely you will find an application that will allow the same. Have to agree with another post that you should have text messaging disabled so that you set the rules with your son.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: regular cell phone
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 29, 2012 7:17 PM PDT
Collapse -
It is a Verizon phone
by Kirbyheath / September 30, 2012 4:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: regular cell phone

I am looking for something that works with a Verizon phone, I am not tech smart so need some help in this matter thank you very much for any assitance I can get

Collapse -
his phone type
by Kirbyheath / September 30, 2012 4:49 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: regular cell phone

it is a Verizon Lg Revere phone

Collapse -
Have Verizon disable text messaging on his line
by Pepe7 / September 30, 2012 6:16 AM PDT
In reply to: his phone type

That's how we roll in my family. At that point you can have a proper sit down with your kid and sort out the issue.

Also, if you *really* want to see the incoming/outgoing messages, confiscate the handset as a last resort.

Collapse -
Answer
Keep in mind that for Android I have yet to hear if CIQ
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 30, 2012 1:25 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
The LG Revere will not and never will have this feature.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 30, 2012 5:34 AM PDT

If you have to get the content, only the cellular carrier can do this at their servers.
Nob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,224 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,453 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,090 discussions
icon
Security 30,722 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,937 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,295 discussions
icon
Phones 16,252 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,684 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,215 discussions

Finding the best 360 camera

GoPro, Pixpro, or Ricoh?

You can spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a 360-degree camera. We tested three of them to find out what kind of quality and ease of use you can expect at each price point.