Try the old open it up to unplug and plug everything back in. Such as RAM, hard drive, optical drive and whatever is accessible via the usual panels on the back.
I have a newer lenovo laptop. I spilled a beer on it(i know great right). The screen instantly went to fuzz, and it drained right out the other side............i turned it off and pulled the battery. Place the computer in a bag of rice for 72 hours. I turned it on, and it beeps quickly and repeatedly. If you press any button it goes to a screen that asks what OS to load. I only have windows 7. Overall its very slow. Then it attempted to repair the start up files...........and then the screen went back to being fuzz. I turned it off and pulled the battery. I have a feeling this sucker is fried. However it did last about 30 min looking fine.