The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Spam king found dead with family

by mollywood CNET staff / July 24, 2008 9:59 AM PDT

Hey, all --

We just wanted to let you know that we just learned that Eddie Davidson, the "spam king" we talked about in today's show, was found dead after apparently having killed his wife and child. Obviously we didn't know this when we taped the show, but we still wanted to let you know we're aware, we of course didn't intend any insensitivity, and we'll definitely address this horrible turn of events in tomorrow's show.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Spam king found dead with family
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Spam king found dead with family
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
wow...that is really tragic and sad...
by shawnlin / July 24, 2008 1:01 PM PDT

now the whole story is just very, very strange. I feel bad for the guy and his family and love ones left behind.

Thank you Molly for making us aware of this. I believe you that you wouldn't be joking about the situation if you were aware of this tragic outcome.

Collapse -
by ultimatebuster / July 25, 2008 1:58 AM PDT

Why would he kill his family and himself? It's just 2 years in prison, and that is a minimum security prison. He can still get a very good life after he get out of the prison.

I just don't understand why would he do that.

Collapse -
The thing about irrational behavior is...
by milkky / July 25, 2008 5:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Why?

it is NOT rational. Not at being facetious or irreverent--I've worked in and around mental health for a lot of years and it's the hardest concept to get your head around and really accept way down in your bones. Don't know this guy's history and sure am not intending to diagnose long-distance, but when something this major make zero sense, then you have to at least wonder about what world he was in because it really might not have been one that we would recognize.

Collapse -
Spam king found dead with family
by wizkids32 / July 25, 2008 7:24 AM PDT

Thanks Molly for the post to bad he had to take his family too he didn't need to hurt his kids and wife.

Collapse -
sad sad turn of events
by mementh / July 25, 2008 9:21 AM PDT

I wish he had done the right thing and taken only his life.. Sad

I wish his remaining family comfort. and that his wife and children are cared for wherever they are now.

Collapse -
It is sad, but
by DaveBinM / July 25, 2008 12:22 PM PDT

everyone keeps saying "I wish he'd only taken his life and not his wife and kids' lives". Personally, I wish no life at all had been lost, this is truly very sad.

Collapse -
Why is this not making the news?
by rayray8822 / July 26, 2008 5:48 AM PDT

I watched Headline News yesterday for this, and checked the websites of both CNN and Fox "News," and neither network is reporting on this story at all. If you do a search for "Eddie Davidson" on either site, all you find is one link to the Denver Post article from Is this not newsworthy?

Thanks for keeping us informed, BOL. At least we can count on you guys.

Athens, GA

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.