Laptops forum

General discussion

Sony VAIO, CD Drive not recognized or found

by nybobcats / June 19, 2004 10:11 AM PDT

Just today my cd-rw/dvd drive in my VAIO pcg-grx520 stopped being recognized by my notebook. I am unable to open the drive as well, and the light no longer flashes (as if it were processing the cd). I've tried taking the drive out, and plugging it back in to no avail. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sony VAIO, CD Drive not recognized or found
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sony VAIO, CD Drive not recognized or found
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try this test.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 26, 2004 1:37 AM PDT

Set the machine to boot the recovery CD, but don't take ANY further action. It's just a test, nothing more.

Can it boot that CD?

Bob

Collapse -
Optical drive no longer detected on Sony Vaio VGN-TX5MN
by Lani84 / January 8, 2008 8:46 PM PST

Good day,
I need help with my Sony Vaio VGN-TX5MN, running Windows Vista Business. Just today (09/01/08), the CD/DVD drive stopped responding to the eject button. It gives the following message instead:

'Cannot open the tray of the optical drive.
Please try again to eject the tray after close the all using softwares
or after shutdown the system and then start the Windows.
If none of the above options work, insert a thin, straight objuect (such as a paper clip) in the manual eject hole in the side of the drive.'

The drive is no longer displayed in the 'Computer' view. The CD/DVD drive LED no longer blinks either. A hardware dignostic test (using the Hardware diagnostic tool and a data CD) confirmed that the drive was not detected. An AVG (free edition, fully updated) scan didn't find any threats, however shell32 and ntoskrnl.exe were shown as changed.

I am a computer amatuer at best so I'm really flustered by this. Can anyone help?

With thanks,
Lani84

Collapse -
Did you try a new drive?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 8, 2008 11:58 PM PST

That's what I'd do next after taking it apart to see if the drive's connectors and cables were still in good shape and plugged in.

Bob

Collapse -
No, didn't try that...
by Lani84 / January 11, 2008 5:51 AM PST

Thank you Mr Proffitt, I didn't try that because it's a laptop. I'd've done it if it was a desktop. Still, I tried a System Restore and it works now. It's just that it uninstalled my last Windows Update...anyway, I still don't know what caused the problem. Is there any way of finding out (without opening the machine)?

With thanks,
Lani84

Collapse -
IF it works after a system restore.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 11, 2008 10:32 AM PST
In reply to: No, didn't try that...
Collapse -
Nope, System Restore doesn't work apparently...
by Lani84 / January 17, 2008 4:12 PM PST

I went to the link you sent, the error messages are very diferent but the syspmtoms are similar (ie can't find the disk drive in My Computer, disk drive doesn't open after installing any media converter). The error message is not from Windows (for one thing, it's in very bad english!) so I doubt that it's a Windows problem.

Also, the problem manages to come back after I shut down after a System Restore. I'm really nearing my wits' end.

Thank you as always

Collapse -
The last link is a procedure I need to know IF
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 17, 2008 10:21 PM PST

Did you do that or not?

I hope you didn't since it brings hope that it's that issue. And yes some will not do it since it's not an exact match. I've never found a good way to explain to people that I use the KB articles often for the procedure that cures an issue and not that it's an exact match. How to explain that?

Bob

Collapse -
Please help
by Lani84 / January 22, 2008 3:57 AM PST

Good day, thank you for always responding.

Please as to your last post, I didn't mean that I wouldn't do it just because the error messages are not the same;

1) Actually the error messages are not the same, the one I get is in bad english, like the person that wrote it is not fluent.

2) It doesn't seem like a Windows error message.

3) The computer develops the problem after I install ANYTHING (even a printer driver).

4) The link yoou sent involves changing the registry. Like I said, I am a novice and I can't fix it if anything goes wrong.

Please don't lose patience with me, but kindly read my first post on the subject, in particular, the message and the symptoms. It appears EXACTLY like that. Now the CD drive doesn't show up in my computer amymore so I can't use it. Does this mean I can't install anything again?

Thank you for your patience and assistance
Lani84

Collapse -
Seems like you need to visit a service shop.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 22, 2008 5:07 AM PST
In reply to: Please help

Since you can't use the directions here, take it to a shop for them to remove the registry entries for you. Remember, I don't use these articles for exact matches to the error messages but for the instructions for common fixes. If you need an exact match then I can't help you.

Bob

Collapse -
Thank you
by Lani84 / January 22, 2008 10:17 PM PST

Good day sir,

It seems as if you are angry and/or offended that I asked you to re-read my initial post. I assure you that that was not my intention. I think that I have have eventually used up all your reserves of patience. For this reason, I thank you for always responding.

With regards,
Lani84

Collapse -
Good luck,
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 22, 2008 10:59 PM PST
In reply to: Thank you

When you are ready we can try again. The procedure I noted is used for a variety of error messages beyond what is in that link.

You may have found the cure but passed it up.

Bob

Collapse -
Still no luck
by Lani84 / January 30, 2008 4:35 AM PST
In reply to: Good luck,

Good day sir,

The printer is an HP PSC 1410. I don't get it, it worked just an hour ago, then I logged in at CNET to tell you and on a whim I tried it and it was giving the error message again. Ideas?

Thank you as always

Collapse -
Is this a new issue?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 30, 2008 4:42 AM PST
In reply to: Still no luck
Collapse -
Got your email re. Vista.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 24, 2008 10:55 PM PST
In reply to: Thank you

Reports are in that removing this registry entry works in Vista. It works for the same reason it works in XP and Windows 2000... I'm sure Microsoft has some article with Vista listed but I decline to go fishing for it.

Bob

Collapse -
OK, I can do that
by Lani84 / January 25, 2008 3:43 PM PST

Good day,

Thank you. I think I'll use the one in the KB article. I'll let you know how it goes...have a good day.

Collapse -
It didn't help...
by Lani84 / January 27, 2008 4:29 PM PST

Good day,

I went to the Microsoft KB article and tried to install Guided Help but it didn't install so I deleted the entries manually and restarted and it worked...until I plugged my printer in. I did that as a test since the problem comes back whenever I install anything. Now it's not working anymore, the drive is not found and so it cannot be ejected.

Is there anything else you can recommend please?

Thank you as always.
Lani84

Collapse -
There's some new clues in your post.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 27, 2008 9:04 PM PST
In reply to: It didn't help...

The printer finding is interesting. But without make or model, driver version I can't offer much other than this -> Install the latest driver from that printer's maker.

"it cannot be ejected." is another clue. Are you saying the eject button is not working? That was a known bug in InCD, Roxio software and other such titles. The fix is easy. Uninstall all such software, perform the registry upper/lowerfilters removal and don't install such software. Keep testing.

Remember these drives only last so long so another test we use is to swap in a new drive. I know owners may revolt at such an idea but in the shop we know the signs of a dying drive.

Bob

Collapse -
Since installing a printer kills the drive..
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 1, 2008 5:29 AM PST
In reply to: It didn't help...

Don't do that. Pack and return the defective printer and it's software+drivers.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.