Samsung

Question

Sony STRDN1030 Receiver & Samsung 6900 ARC issues pls help!

by johnjamesward / January 2, 2013 10:09 PM PST

I've just bought the Sony STRDN1030.CEK AV Receiver to go with by samsung 6900 smart tv. Both units are ARC compatible however no matter what i try i cannot get the sound from the tv out to the receiver. Everything going in is fine, ie, ps3 and cable its just the TV audio out that won't work. The HDMI output from the TV is plugged into HDMI2 (marked as ARC). It's also plugged into the right slot in the receiver.

The samsung has the anynet+ system. I have tried this on and off and also enabled the HDMI setting on the receiver to on and off. Every permutation possible. No matter what i do the 'receiver' option in the anynet+ menu in the menu is grayed out and when selected says 'function not available'. I don't want to have to revert to an optical lead but might have to if i can't solve it. If any one has made this combination (or similar) work then please let me know how.

I've seen lots of threads about anynet+ being a pain with receivers and not working with ARC. Need a solution as driving me crazy.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sony STRDN1030 Receiver & Samsung 6900 ARC issues pls help!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sony STRDN1030 Receiver & Samsung 6900 ARC issues pls help!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Sony STRDN1030 Receiver & Samsung 6900 ARC issues pls he
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 4, 2013 2:11 AM PST

Hi johnjamesward,

I'm very sorry to hear that has happened, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. In order for me to help you most accurately, please provide the complete model code for this device.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
any news?
by kingdavecates / January 25, 2013 6:14 AM PST

Hi,

We've just bought the same Sony STR-DN1030 av amp and have a Samsung UE46ES8000 TV.

We cannot get the ARC function working either.

We can get audio from blu-ray, freesat box etc through the amp with brilliant picture but, we can't get audio back from the TV via the HDMI-2 port (ARC).

We've set up HDMI control on both devices etc as per instruction manuals but they're both refusing to co-operate.

Any ideas?!

Collapse -
Re: any news?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 28, 2013 4:17 AM PST
In reply to: any news?

Hi kingdavecates,

Thanks for your message. The couple of brief suggestion I'd have is make sure that both devices have HDMI-CEC turned on. For Samsung, it's called Anynet+.

But just so you know, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for UK. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So if you want the most accurate information, here's the Samsung UK portal for support on that product: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE46ES8000UXXU

Hope this helps you!

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Had to resort to optical
by johnjamesward / January 28, 2013 7:30 AM PST
In reply to: Re: any news?

I'm in the UK so assume UK models. Both HDMI options turned on. Couldn't get them to speak to each other so just resorted to optical connection. Works fine but annoying I need another lead.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.