Sony forum

General discussion

Sony plasma not working

by Rmata84 / March 11, 2013 11:57 PM PDT

I have a Sony plasma model FWD-50px2 which was Having colored vertical lines on picture. I was ok with that until 4 days ago I got a clicking sound when I turned on tv. It goes green for couples seconds with this weird clicking sound and just shuts off. Had a tech look at it and confirmed it was a power supply board.

Called Sony and they pretty much told to F- off. There something they can do? They should support there product which I only had for 4 yrs and dropped over 2k for it.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sony plasma not working
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sony plasma not working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sorry but you reveal it was that board.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 12, 2013 4:55 AM PDT

I can only guess you wanted it to be covered but that's me guessing. I don't see any TV maker with more than 2 years warranty so with that out of the way, why not change that board?

I see shopjimmy and other sites sell such things.

Collapse -
Sony Support USA
by SonyListens / March 14, 2013 2:13 AM PDT

Good afternoon!

This is Kevin Krause from Sony Support USA. I am very sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your TV. If you are located in the United States please email us at and we will be happy to see if there is anything that we can do to help you out. In your email, please include a brief description of the issues you are having, any repair evaluations you may have, any event numbers you may have, and your contact information.

Thank you,
Kevin Krause
Sony Support USA

Collapse -
LCD Panel or Lamp life
by BaseballTerry / March 15, 2013 7:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Sony Support USA

I am trying to decide between replacing an existing TV with a plasma or LCD tv. I see a lot of information about the comparison of Plasma to LCD in terms of how long they last. On CNET there is information that LCD's should last 60,000 plus hours and Plasma tv's up to 100,000 hours with average use. Is there anywhere that the manufacturers actually publish this information as the LCD panels and lamps, and the plasma gas are really the only real issue anyone talks about?

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Coming soon

Get behind the wheel with Roadshow

Love cars? Climb into the driver's seat for the latest videos, reviews, shopping advice and picks by our editors delivered to your inbox every week.