Camcorders

General discussion

Sony HC90 and Picture Package software

by Kerberus1960 / June 11, 2005 2:49 AM PDT

I have shot my first video, and have downloaded the Picture Package software on my computer; however, the software only seems to want to search the memory stick via the USB link. Consequently, I can't download/transfer my video from the MiniDV tape to my commputer hard drive, because the software doesn't seem to want to acknowledge the MiniDV tape.

What am I doing wrong? I can play the video through the audio/video cables on the television, and I can see it play on the HC90 LCD screen. So I know I have captured the video, I just can't get it to my computer.

FWIW, I have a Dell Latitude D600 laptop, with Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 1, Intel Pentium M processor 1300MHz, if that helps.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sony HC90 and Picture Package software
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sony HC90 and Picture Package software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Ask "What is this Picture Package software?"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 11, 2005 3:42 AM PDT

And what does it do?

Here's the gimme that you don't move video with this product:

" Is Picture Package compatible with USB2.0?

It is only compatible with USB1.1 not 2.0."

From the Sony site.

Look to other software and move to a Firewire connection.

Bob

Collapse -
HC90
by drhiberd / June 11, 2005 5:19 AM PDT

The software is picture software. You need to use firewire to transfer video to computer.

Collapse -
video
by jcrobso / June 13, 2005 4:47 AM PDT
Collapse -
Picture Package software
by mdh-diver / July 7, 2005 5:22 AM PDT

Hi from Germany!!

I have only update from this Version.
And I need urgend the fully version.
Can you help me?? Please.. it is very important.
I can not connect my camcorder HC32 to PC without this software and I have no idea where can I get this one.
You are my last hope!!

Regards

Micky Hamerla - Germany
the best way: you send me that per mail
to mdh.michael@gmx.de

Collapse -
Picture Package Download
by jkbrophy / August 20, 2005 12:45 PM PDT

I lost my Picture Package Disk!

Is there a place to download the full version?

Thanks!
Johnny

Collapse -
only updates on ppackage.com
by mford4 / August 23, 2005 8:51 AM PDT

I haven't seen the whole program anywhere just the updates and cannot find it myself.

Collapse -
picture package 1.0
by bumbleb666 / August 25, 2005 11:48 PM PDT

I have also lost my cd-rom of picture package, do i need to go to Sony to get one. What is the solution to this prob as i have looked everywhere on the net to download it and cant find! reply to bumbleb666@yahoo.com

Collapse -
picture package 1.0
by jcrobso / August 26, 2005 3:45 AM PDT
In reply to: picture package 1.0

Did you not read the responces to your post???
Firewire cable, firewire card. If you have XP Windows Movie Maker 2 will work with your camera. The Sony software is for STILL pictures. John

Collapse -
pictuer package 1.0
by bumbleb666 / August 26, 2005 10:31 PM PDT
In reply to: picture package 1.0

thanks for your reply. I probably didnt give you much info to go on dut i have a sony dvd-201e camcorder and when i plug it in via the usb,on windows 2000, it says i need a capture device(something to that effect).I am using Nero & Ulead dvd programs. I know i can just put the camcorder disc straight into the dvd drive but i wish to download from the camera.
Is the solution still movie-maker 2 & what is firewire cable + card u speak of???Sorry 34yr novice.I can program my own web page for my own business but im still a grommet!.

Collapse -
Try it with firewire.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 27, 2005 12:34 AM PDT
In reply to: pictuer package 1.0

Then tell what happens.

Collapse -
Firewire
by W N W / June 25, 2008 2:33 AM PDT
In reply to: Try it with firewire.

I have firewire and I have a Sony DCR-HC32. With the firewire connection, I am able to control the camera from my PC. However, I cannot view (preview) on my monitor nor am I able to capture the movie through the firewire connection. This is disconcerting, as the reason I installed the firewire was for this camera.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
I'm aware this is a very old post.
Thanks!

Collapse -
A title formerly called DVRACK does that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 25, 2008 2:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Firewire

Try google about that and you'll find it's new name and what it does. Great software, worth every dime.
Bob

Collapse -
Software for Camcorders
by Peter L. Wascher / September 25, 2005 3:06 PM PDT

I just perchased a Sony DCR-HC90 with Picture Perfict Software and I have a Mac. with Tiger. Will the software be compatble with my compputer. If not could you recoomend one.

Thank you,

Peter L. Wascher
plwrn@mac.com

Collapse -
For the mac.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 25, 2005 10:23 PM PDT

"Will the software be compatble with my (Apple) compputer. If not could you recoomend one."

No. For your machine look at the firewire connection and iMovie, iDVD and such.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.