Sony forum

Sony Bloggie Touch transfer

by rohaa8673 / September 27, 2012 11:33 AM PDT

I just bought a bloggie touch and I really like the plugnplay flash drive capability where I can just save videos onto my pc by click/drag.

My problem is when I want to put video's/images on this camera, the camera does not see the video's.

Do I need to convert these other videos to some specific format? If so which one and what converter would I use? The same applies to images. I tried a couple random .jpg's from google but no luck. Any help is appreciated!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sony Bloggie Touch transfer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sony Bloggie Touch transfer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
by rohaa8673 / September 27, 2012 11:50 AM PDT

by the way the folder names are like follows: F:\MP_ROOT\101ANV01

and an example video name is :

So what ever codec/format it uses I couldn't find a converter, I found some but they where
"MAQ000xx.MP4" and it just showed up as a blue box on my viewer and ended up an error.

All Answers

Collapse -
Folk keep trying that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 28, 2012 3:57 AM PDT

But if you check the manuals you don't see any support for putting content into the camera from a PC.

This is not a PMP (personal media player) so next time you may want to re-consider what you are buying.

Collapse -
Sony Bloggie Touch
by rohaa8673 / September 28, 2012 6:41 AM PDT
In reply to: Folk keep trying that.

I can copy previously recorded video from this device back onto it and it will play it. Obviously my intention for this wasn't pmp but why not extend its capabilities? We don't live in the "iWorld" where you need a different device for every little thing. I like to have some input on what I do with my device. In my case I'd like to use the decent sized screen for other purposes than just what videos I record.

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 28, 2012 7:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Sony Bloggie Touch

Folk keep trying that but as you discover it's not a feature. Your question is one you see from folks new to technology, that is, under 40.

Collapse -
Over 40 fool
by rohaa8673 / September 28, 2012 8:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Again.

If I can transfer video from 1 bloggie to another and it can play that, then the question lies under codecs. I was looking for a simple answer but no one seemed to know, that is, over 40. So I took it upon my self to find out. The codec that this device uses is as follows:

Video: AVC (Main@L4.0)(CABAC/2 Ref Frames)
Audio: 2 Channels, AAC (LC)

With a little searching I found many converters that would do the job and luckily the psp video converter I had worked for this as well so I didn't need to download anything. I guess sometimes its better to spend some time rather than seek help from over 40 "tech savvy" people, that is, "bob"

Collapse -
Again, it's not supported but if you are tech savvy
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 28, 2012 8:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Over 40 fool

You find and did find video convertors to make it work. There is no simple answer since the next device will require a new method that some one will have to figure out.

-> It's clear the product manual does not show this and while folk can hack and convert it's yours to play with.

Parting titles I've used.

MEDiA INFO (to discover encoding methods.)
HANDBRAKE among other convertors.

I hear you wanted a definitive method but there is not a supported method. Sorry if you expected such.

Collapse -
are you kidding me?
by rohaa8673 / September 28, 2012 8:49 AM PDT

I quote my self, "Do I need to convert these other videos to some specific format? If so which one and what converter would I use?"

All I asked for was the name of the converter I need to use and the name of the codec. Instead of giving me a witty remark about purchasing a different product, admit you are a ******** and don't have any idea as to what I am talking about.

Collapse -
There are far too many convertors.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 28, 2012 8:54 AM PDT
In reply to: are you kidding me?

And it sounded as if you wanted a supported method. Not kidding you.

-> The maker elected to not document any supported method so you are left to figure it out.

You did that and kudos for that. Sorry if my parting comment about titles I used upset you.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.