Sony forum

Sony 40" KDL-40XBR2 LCD TV

by michhala / June 20, 2012 11:54 AM PDT

My Bravia TV 1080/w internet capability, was purchased July 10, 2007 with a $222.00 warranty expiring July 10, 2012. The discounted renewal cost for one year is $246.49 and $450.49 for two years. I am one who is always buying warranties for peace of mind, but this time I am hesitating. I paid a little over $2,000 for the TV in 2007 (excluding the warranty) and have had no regrets....yet.

I have no idea of the cost to have a TV repairman come to the house to fix a problem when there is no warrranty. It is also not out of the question for me to buy a new TV if the repair bill was prohibitve. In addition, I think prices have gone down.

Sure would appreciate some helpful input.

My thanks.....Miki

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sony 40" KDL-40XBR2 LCD TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sony 40" KDL-40XBR2 LCD TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Try this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 21, 2012 2:04 AM PDT
Collapse -
I am a Sony TV person since the beginning of time :)
by michhala / June 21, 2012 8:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Try this.

However, I know there are other good TVs, such as you mention, out there at low prices. When I purchased my TV it was high-end of the Sony line, and today, the same TV costs very little. That said, if I bought another it would likely be whatever is their current high-end which is the same price. as I paid for my 2007......but that is because my TVs never went bad, they just went out of style. If I had to buy a new TV before mine was of age, I would probably be inclinded to go cheaper.

Your point is well taken and I am drifting away from the idea of renewing the service plan. I recall when I purchased the service contract I did so for protection because once in awhile you can get a TV that is defective and dies in the early years.

Appreciate your reply.....thank you

Collapse -
At 488 bucks, a Sony.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 21, 2012 8:36 AM PDT
Collapse -
My thanks, Bob
by michhala / June 21, 2012 8:22 PM PDT
In reply to: At 488 bucks, a Sony.

Happy weekend.......Miki

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.