Computer Help forum

General discussion

songs in windows media player library are missing!!

by ghada_eloud / October 6, 2009 5:17 AM PDT

Hi.
I havea windows XP professional; And was putting a lot of songs in windows media player. Last time; I opened it&found that no more items exist.
is there a possibility to recover them&get them back again.
Tx a lot for replying.
ghada

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: songs in windows media player library are missing!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: songs in windows media player library are missing!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just 2 add!
by ghada_eloud / October 7, 2009 12:58 AM PDT

Hi again. Just 2 add that this happened after I transferred my music from C to D. Can u tell me how to get them back again?
Tx
ghada

Collapse -
That, would be your problem...
by d_adams / October 7, 2009 6:01 AM PDT
In reply to: Just 2 add!

Your music isn't gone at all. You just moved it. WMP is not very "smart", and therefor, it doesn't know you moved the music from one hard disk to another. It is, therefor, looking for it in the wrong place. You need to add the music back into your WMP library from the new spot you've put it in. I am not sure exactly how to do this (I use iTunes), but you can probably drag and drop or import the files. It can't be too difficult.

Collapse -
What's better: windows media player or itunes?
by ghada_eloud / October 8, 2009 1:55 AM PDT

First: Tx 4 replying.
Then I'm just wondering if I remove windows media player from my PC& put itunes instead(like u). Is it better?
If yes, which one: 32 or 64 bit? and why?
Tx a lot.
Ghada

Collapse -
Re: music
by Kees Bakker / October 7, 2009 4:39 AM PDT

Sp the music is still somewhere on your PC, but not on the place where the library (kind of a table of content) thinks it is. The obvious solution: delete the old entries in the library and add new ones pointing to the right location.

Details on how to do it probably vary depending on the version of WMP you have.

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.