Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Software to watch TV channels online?

by Ghoroo / June 22, 2009 12:20 PM PDT

Hey, not sure if this is the right spot, but just a few days ago I found out about Software to watch TV channels online, so like http://onlinetvpro.com/?hop=hiwelcome&id=onlinetvpro. But there is so many, and I?m not sure what ones are good, with some web sites even looking some what shady. I tried looking for reviews, but couldn?t find any. So does anyone know some good ones that you only pay once for and have a lot of channels with good quality? Or if not, do you know where I can maybe find some info out?

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Software to watch TV channels online?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Software to watch TV channels online?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Confused . . .
by Coryphaeus / June 23, 2009 10:40 PM PDT
Collapse -
Thanks, but they are not the same
by Ghoroo / June 24, 2009 8:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Confused . . .

I use all those already, but what I'm looking for is different then those. It is more like live streaming video, just like real cable. So what ever is playing now on HBO or ABC is playing just the same with the software.

After spending a few hours looking for reviews, the one that I have seen talked about the most is Satellite TV for PC Elite Edition, but I'm not really sure how trusting the reviews or the web sites are.

Collapse -
Are you serious?
by ahtoi / June 27, 2009 2:33 AM PDT

HBO for FREE! You got to be kidding.

Collapse -
Oh..I just read a couple days ago in the LA Time that...
by ahtoi / June 27, 2009 2:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Are you serious?

Time Warner and Comcast is trying to come with something to prevent you from even Hulu unless you are a subscriber of a cable or satellite services. Shame on them for even think about it.

Collapse -
Satellite Direct
by JTwrite35 / September 4, 2009 2:36 AM PDT

Like you I was looking for the same. And like you did the research. I purchased Satellite Direct and made the biggest mistake of my life. Now I'm in the process of trying to get a refund. They say it takes 2 days for a response. Yet it only takes them 2 seconds to take your MONEY!!!!!!!

People please don't purchase this software. I live in the US and could not get 1 TV station to work. Only message is currently not available or broadcasting. Even the stations I know broadcasts 24 hours a day. I have never seen such a huge ripoff.

And to make matters worse I purchased it because of it's review from THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
Software to watch TV online
by dmart3 / August 31, 2009 3:52 AM PDT

I would look into the software provided at http://www.yourteamlive.com
I was looking to watch NFL games online and came across this site which allows me to view the games and not have to scour the internet looking for a link. There are "free" sites that may stream some of the games but now I have them all available at one place. Plus my kids like it because they can watch the Disney channel and Cartoon Network. There are over 3000 channels available so there is never a shortage of programs to watch.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.