Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Software free conversion MP3 to Tracks

by Blondi5142 / April 7, 2013 12:00 PM PDT

I have tons of MP3 but I'd like to listen to them in my car. I see all this conversions software but it says CD to MP3. How do I know what to look for? The wording is confusing to me. Is there a free program that will do the trick or one for sale? MP3's to CD Format also what extension are tracks under? . WMA .au .acc ???????
PLZ its driving me nuts

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Software free conversion MP3 to Tracks
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Software free conversion MP3 to Tracks
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
To make AudioCDs I have used this title for years.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 7, 2013 12:15 PM PDT

CDBURNERXP

It's free, there are tutorials so I'll stop here and write "It's what I use."

Bob

Collapse -
don't need conversion
by deepsou / April 23, 2013 8:13 PM PDT

if the songs are in CD then might be in CDA format which cannot be converted to any other format. other wise if they are already in mp3 format then you just need to load in to device those mp3.

Collapse -
Re: conversion
by Kees_B Forum moderator / April 23, 2013 8:45 PM PDT
In reply to: don't need conversion

Sorry to note your post is both inapplicable and wrong.

The OP writes he has mp3's. So they aren't "in CD". But it's quite easy to 'rip' a CD to, say, .wav or .mp3 format. Many programs (including Windows Media Player and iTunes) do it for you.

They are already in mp3-format, but but car audio doesn't play mp3's. That's his problem. So suggesting to load them into some device doesn't really help him.

Kees

Collapse -
Re: tons of mp3
by Kees_B Forum moderator / April 23, 2013 8:32 PM PDT

Since the average audio-CD can only contain, say 20, tracks, that will be a lot of CD's (2000 tracks = 100 CD's). CBBURNERXP would be fine to make them it, but it's a lot of work.

Why not buy an audio-system in your car that can play mp3-cd's or has an input to connect it with our mp3-player (such as an iPod)? Much easier!

As for the extension: since you don't see the files in Windows Explorer, it's useless to talk about extensions. All you see is a 44-byte file with cda-extension, but that's just a pointer to the track that's somewhere on that disk, but invisible for you.

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.