Speakeasy forum

General discussion

So, Chris Christie is Obama's new best friend, and Rushie

by Ziks511 / October 31, 2012 6:52 PM PDT

doesn't like it at all. So much for Limbo.

Sandy has separated the men from the boys, the men go to the White House and then visit every disaster they can get tp. and declare a National Disaster area.

Mitt, just goes home.

The only thing Mitt Romney can do to win this election is to suffer, or fake, a heart attack helping some middle income person < $100,000 year, sand bag his home. which was sort of what he was doing before.

Before he was sandbagging the election, now he's sandbagging people's homes. I leave it to SE to figure out which of those is the more admirable.

Rob

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: So, Chris Christie is Obama's new best friend, and Rushie
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: So, Chris Christie is Obama's new best friend, and Rushie
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You obviously listen to Rush
by James Denison / October 31, 2012 7:00 PM PDT

more than I do, LOL.

Collapse -
(NT) But you agree with Rush more?
by JP Bill / October 31, 2012 8:09 PM PDT
Collapse -
You have to give Rush some credit
by Josh K / October 31, 2012 10:37 PM PDT

It takes a lot of creativity to criticize Obama for his response to this disaster, which so far has been impeccable. And this will go a LONG way for Chris Christie. People will remember this come 2016.

Collapse -
Rush and Obama have a lot in common
by Steven Haninger / November 1, 2012 3:27 AM PDT

Both have way too many loony supporters who hang on every word they say...or say in the future as well. Wink

Collapse -
Christie seeks out the limelight!
by kiwigirl5 / October 31, 2012 11:01 PM PDT

Please Christie is just as much a opportunist as Obama....loves the limelight and has shown that he is loyal to no-one except furthering his own agenda...surely he'll find some babies to kiss. Gag me! It's easy to walk around with the pitiful look of horror on your face.....BUT DOES THAT PUT FOOD INTHE HANDS OF PEOPLE WHO NEED! Don't be so superficial!!!!

Collapse -
I'm not much of a fan either, but......
by Josh K / October 31, 2012 11:08 PM PDT

......give the guy a chance to back his words with actions. If he doesn't, then your criticisms are merited. If he does, no question it will help him in his likely presidential bid in 2016 (as will his willingness to praise and work with Obama), but I really don't think he's looking at it in those terms at the moment.

Collapse -
To back up to a time before....
by lylesg / October 31, 2012 11:26 PM PDT

Christie came into play there was a Mr. Bloomberg, the mayor of NYC and Bloomberg in so many words told Obama he didn't want Obama in his city getting in the way and to maybe try next door. Christie being no fool saw he the opportunity to rake in what was going to be all that Obama would have promised Bloomberg and then some because Obama wanted to be on the BIG stage first.

After hearing Bloombergs comments, I thought wow, Bloomberg must think that Obama is through and he is going to be out of the picture soon, so why bother. I know that some of you are going to say that I just do not care for Obama and you're right about that! I don't care for Obama. Happy

Collapse -
When did that happen....
by Josh K / October 31, 2012 11:29 PM PDT

.....and what were the circumstances?

Collapse -
I became aware on Tuesday
by lylesg / October 31, 2012 11:57 PM PDT

But, I do not know the exact time. The MSM wouldn't play it up of course.

Collapse -
You said it was a time....
by Josh K / November 1, 2012 12:03 AM PDT

....."before Christie came into play," which I took to mean before he became governor, since he "came into play" regarding Sandy before the storm even hit, contacting the president in advance.

I'm not aware of Bloomberg snubbing the president. Logistically it would be very difficult for the president to come into Manhattan right now. Access to the island is limited and a presidential motorcade would make traffic even worse than it already is, with tunnels flooded and subways only partially running. There really isn't any place he could set a chopper down securely either.

Collapse -
(NT) I wonder why Obama didn't think of that?
by lylesg / November 1, 2012 12:25 AM PDT
Collapse -
Bush didn't have a problem
by TONI H / November 1, 2012 12:46 AM PDT

finding a way into NYC after 9-11, Josh.......Bloomberg definitely blew BO off; it was on even LSM news.

Collapse -
The tunnels leading into Manhattan weren't underwater
by Josh K / November 1, 2012 1:51 AM PDT

In terms of damage, this storm was worse and far more widespread than 9/11.

Collapse -
Apples to apples. One can't compare 9-11 to this.
by grimgraphix / November 1, 2012 5:48 AM PDT

Sandy is not even politically comparable to 9-11. A hurricane versus a terrorist attack? Come on!

Compare Sandy to Katrina.

How long was it before Bush was on the ground in NoLo?

Collapse -
How long was it before BO was on the ground in NO?
by TONI H / November 1, 2012 6:04 AM PDT

When BP went down? Long enough to shut down most of the industry in that and other states. He actually made a statement to the Governor there (Bobby Jindal) to 'not say anything that would make BO look bad).

Collapse -
(NT) " * "
by grimgraphix / November 1, 2012 6:26 AM PDT
Collapse -
Not even going to answer his question....
by Josh K / November 1, 2012 6:29 AM PDT

......before asking your own?

Obama was on the ground in New Jersey the day after the storm ended. I don't remember how long it took Bush to fly over Louisiana in Air Force One, which he did before visiting in person.

Collapse -
As I remember it, Cheney was actually the 1st...
by grimgraphix / November 1, 2012 6:41 AM PDT

... to actually walk the streets of Nolo.

I meant to say, if someone above really wants to cite Bush standing on the rubble of 9-11... then we should cite when he walked the still soggy streets of Nolo.

(I would have given credit to Bush for being in the next state over from Nolo if Obama was being given the same courtesy, but I'm not setting the criteria here. The person above is)

Collapse -
The next state, Grim...
by J. Vega / November 1, 2012 11:59 AM PDT

Did he not go to a military base, located in another state, but in the immediate vicinity Of NOLA? Wouldn't a military base be better suited to dealing with Air Force One than MSY, NOLA's civilian airport?

Collapse -
Well sure, but what does that have to do...
by grimgraphix / November 1, 2012 12:57 PM PDT

... with the context that has been set in the thread?

Collapse -
And with Katrina, Josh...
by J. Vega / November 1, 2012 11:53 AM PDT

And with Katrina, Josh, everything was under water. Yet you seemed to gripe about Bush not going there as fast as you felt he should.The NOLA airport was the major staging destination to which most rescued people were taken. Do you think they needed Air Force One and all that entails dropping into that beehive of activity?
With the current hurricane today on the news I saw people complaining about being without electricity for a couple of days. With Katrina, many people lost it not for a for days, but for weeks.

Collapse -
No, I understood about the logistics
by Josh K / November 1, 2012 11:19 PM PDT

It was the overall nature and lackadaisical timing of his responses that got my attention. To Bush's (partial) credit, in his book he acknowledged that the flyover was a mistake. He threw Karl Rove under the bus for that one, saying Rove talked him into doing it.

Collapse -
Bloomberg didn't have time to deal with Obama
by James Denison / November 1, 2012 1:25 AM PDT

Because he had to be preening on CNBC financial broadcast concerning the NYSE instead. I was sitting there listening to his interview.

Collapse -
Good assumption
by kiwigirl5 / November 1, 2012 12:27 AM PDT

If you can't get into New York....try! try! again...get into NJ and use whatever photo ops...we are waiting for the flyover with Christies new BFF

Collapse -
Bloomberg has endorsed Obama for reelection
by Josh K / November 1, 2012 11:17 PM PDT
Collapse -
B had to play suck up after blowing him off
by TONI H / November 1, 2012 11:54 PM PDT

with the comment that 'he would get in the way'.......because now B needs that FEMA money as well.

Collapse -
Right, because.....
by Josh K / November 2, 2012 12:12 AM PDT

......it took Bloomberg three days to figure out that we'd need FEMA money.

LOL, Toni.

Collapse -
(NT) Exactly, Toni....... how funny is that! :)
by lylesg / November 2, 2012 12:34 AM PDT
Collapse -
Bloomberg endorses the Demo candidate, I am cracking up lol
by lylesg / November 2, 2012 12:33 AM PDT

And that does not change the fact that on public tv and radio he dissed Obama's request to visit NYC. Sure, B tried to put a little icing on the cake that day, but he still dissed Obama. Now, B wants some of that FEMA money so four days before election day he endorses Obama. LOL I know that you must see the joke of it all.

Collapse -
He did not "diss" the request
by Josh K / November 2, 2012 4:36 AM PDT

He asked the president not to because it would be a logistical nightmare to get him into the city and the NYPD is kind of busy these days. Even now, with most bridges reopened, traffic getting into and out of Manhattan is horrendous.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.