Samsung forum

SmartTV UE40ES7000 loses wifi connection after pauzing

by Gesus150 / December 26, 2012 8:33 PM PST

When I pauze a movie that I stream via Wifi from my PC or NAS, the TV loses it's connection with these sources when I un-pauze. This happens when the pauze is more than 3 minutes or so. How can I fix this?
I have installed the most recent firmware. The Tech service has replaced the wifi module and a plant reset. Still no solution.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SmartTV UE40ES7000 loses wifi connection after pauzing
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SmartTV UE40ES7000 loses wifi connection after pauzing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Re: SmartTV UE40ES7000 loses wifi connection after pauzing
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 27, 2012 1:06 AM PST

Hi Gesus150,

I'm going to tell you up front that I probably can't help, but I'll ask a bunch of questions, so maybe I can get you sent in the right direction. What software are you serving the videos from the computer? When you say it loses its connection, what do you mean? Do you mean the Wifi network connection is gone? Also, did you contact Samsung over there in the UK, and was it they who set you up with a tech call?

HD Tech

Collapse -
Re: SmartTV UE40ES7000 loses wifi connection after pauzing2
by Gesus150 / December 27, 2012 4:48 AM PST

Hi, thanks for responding.
I use a Synology NAS 110j to stream via Allshare to the SmartTV. The Wifi router is a SiteCom 300N.
When I un-pauze after a longer pauze, the video plays for 1 or 2 seconds before stopping. After the screen is black for a moment, live TV starts playing.
I am in The Netherlands and the tech service here is outsourced by Samsung to Selectro.

Collapse -
Re: SmartTV UE40ES7000 loses wifi connection after pauzing2
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 2, 2013 12:42 AM PST

Hi Gesus150,

So here's my best guess. On the US models we've tested previously, TVs can maintain a connection essentially indefinitely. But the media is being served up by your Synology NAS, so it's likely there's some kind of connection ping the server does, and after a period of inactivity, it'll disconnect automatically. So I'd look through the documentation for your DLNA server on your Synology NAS.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Re: SmartTV UE40ES7000 loses wifi connection after pauzing3
by Gesus150 / January 2, 2013 3:24 AM PST

Yes, that would make sense, but streaming from a Win7 PC gives the same result...

Collapse -
Win 7 has similar features of sleep.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 3:29 AM PST

I was thinking about this one and to test the drop I would be looking at my router's connections list. I'd hit the refresh on that and see if the TV has indeed gone off line.

If this was the TV which is doubtful from my experience it would vanish from that list.

You may want to test the setup wired from the TV to the router.

Collapse -
Re: SmartTV UE40ES7000 loses wifi connection after pauzing4
by Gesus150 / January 3, 2013 4:32 AM PST

Bob. thanks for the suggestion. I have tested this with a lan cable as well and the result is that the connection is lost as well, though it takes over 10 minutes.

Collapse -
Just out of curiosity.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 3, 2013 4:36 AM PST

Did the TV drop off the router connection list?

Again, this may be a first or it could be that router bug I bumped into. I've seen it on Netgear, and seems to have spread to a few other makes.

I don't know if you know but on my trips to Taipei they seem to share code a lot and if a bug creeps in, they seem to share the same bug like a bad cold.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.