Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

by Janine. Meyburgh / February 18, 2013 7:42 PM PST

Has anyone heard of - what is it?
Am concerned that it is some type of spyware....

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to:
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post:
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Re: site
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 18, 2013 7:47 PM PST
In reply to:

If I type in my browsers address bar, I see it's a website of a software company. Websites aren't spyware, websites are just websites. So please tell more why you think it is.

Collapse -
by Janine. Meyburgh / February 18, 2013 7:48 PM PST
In reply to:

It is actually
They apparently provide you with a browser.

Collapse -
Re: browser
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 18, 2013 8:02 PM PST
In reply to: Correction

I downloaded Firefox from Mozilla, and Chrome from Google. And IE did come with Windows.

Did you download other browsers? Why, which ones, from where?
And how do you know that name What is it exactly what you see? When do you see it?

Collapse -
by Janine. Meyburgh / February 18, 2013 8:43 PM PST
In reply to: Re: browser

Friends of mine are punting it, it almost seems like a multilevel marketing thing, am not prepared to go too far down the rabbit hole, apparently one pays $400 then you set up a home page. You are given a family safe browser, which I ponder about, as I haven't been able to personally test and see. You then advertise your home page and apparently get paid for the hits received.
As I say, am too nervous to download anything that I don't know anything about. Thought that there may be someone out there who knows all of the details.
Normally if it sounds too good, it most probably is.
Thanks for your interest Kees_B!

Collapse -
Re: money
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 19, 2013 3:58 AM PST
In reply to: Info

The video on doesn't look inviting to me. And I assume you feel the same.
And I hate that 'become rich, fill in your details here and we'll tell you all about it" sites like this.

Anyway, they say nothing about you having to pay $400 before they pay you. So that might be a misunderstanding. But it's quite well possible that it's in the details they tell you once you fill in the form.

I would stay clear of it.

Collapse -
Thank you
by Janine. Meyburgh / February 19, 2013 1:43 PM PST
In reply to: Re: money

What bothers me the most is what actually gets loaded onto the PC and what it could be used for. If a browser is downloaded onto a PC surely all sorts of added extras could come down with it. I would love to hear from anyone who has successfully downloaded and tested all of the elements. Would like to give anything the benefit of the doubt, but really don't know about this one sounds like a scam.

Collapse -
Re: browser
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 20, 2013 3:06 AM PST
In reply to: Thank you

Let's hope that someone who uses it, or has used it, replies. You never know who reads this thread.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.