Forum Announcement

Welcome to the new CNET Forums! Please don't panic. You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

Samsung

Alert

Smarthub DOWNNNN!!

by cool2be / January 6, 2013 3:46 AM PST

looks like smart hub down. error_update_001 and Error_update_003. called samsung said 1 hr up but yet nothing. YET to fix the netflix constantly disconnections. hopefully this time they get it right.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Smarthub DOWNNNN!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Smarthub DOWNNNN!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Smart tv App Store Deleted
by Hanhnguyen1 / January 6, 2013 4:32 AM PST
In reply to: Smarthub DOWNNNN!!

Hello,
Just today the whole Samsung App Store & most of the apps have randomly deleted.

Model ES8000.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Collapse -
re: smarthub
by cool2be / January 6, 2013 6:04 AM PST

all back now working again. although i think my netflix is still same version

Collapse -
Smart Hub Down
by honeythief1 / January 6, 2013 6:06 AM PST

Thanks cool2be.

Same for me.

Model: UE32ES6300

All apps deleted and Smart Hub unable to update.

Updated firmware to version 30 in an attempt to fix Smart Hub deletions and constant buffering problems when streaming content in Lovefilm, BBC iPlayer and ITV Player apps, and now I'm unable to connect to wi-fi.

Collapse -
LOL. Just returned a Samsung SmartHUB TV Today...
by LSZ1318 / January 6, 2013 6:41 AM PST

Because of this very issue.

Wow. What an EPIC fail. I could get connected to the internet, even create a SmartHUB account via the TV. But the apps themselves? Constant network error message.

LOL.

I took it back immediately. Looks like there's ongoing problems with their crappy SmartHUB system/servers.

This is what happens when TV manufacturers try to be Microsoft of Apple.

LOL.

Collapse -
SMARTHUB unresponsive...browser opens thru Search and favorites folder
by DIGBY67 / January 7, 2013 7:15 AM PST

glad not just me...think SAMSUNG could send out a bulletin or something. Browser wouldnt open...reset smarthub which cleared all my apps to default. Browser still just "connecting" and smarthub app store unresponsive. Yahoo app s button features working and is connected to network. Samsung suppt addvvised USB update...which made no difference. I can access browser thru sSEARCH button and ta stored site in FAVITITES folder. PN55D7000 is gorgeou us but flakey . Samsung support a bunch of script reders. first suggestion is always reset tv...so i can spend another hour tweaking settings.

Collapse -
Looks like it's still down.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 7, 2013 7:23 AM PST

I pinned this until I get word it's back up.
Bob

Collapse -
Was briefly functional this afternoon.
by mwoelfle / January 7, 2013 8:01 AM PST

I have a new blu-ray player that I received on Saturday. Had not been able to connect to Smart Hub. Came home from work this afternoon and it fired up, automatically loaded a dozen apps or so, then tried out Youtube with no problems. Now, after dinner, I see that the apps have all disappeared and it's no longer functional. Looks like they had it working for just a brief period of time. A bit frustrating but I'm hoping that a long-term fix is being implemented.

Collapse -
Same for me
by pamlicopanther / January 7, 2013 9:23 AM PST

I just received a blu ray Saturday (BD-E5700). I was able to load a bunch of apps Saturday and was connecting to Netflix with no problem. Sunday morning they were gone, though my properties say I have 14 apps installed. They are still gone and I cannot access the app store. I can log on, but not see or get anything.

After an all day back and forth chat with Samsung staff they never said anything about the server being down. I called today and a rep said they were redoing things and were having server issues. I asked how long it would take and she said it should be resolved within a week.

Is this normal for Smart Hub? If it is I think I will be sending this player back.

Collapse -
is it normal
by DIGBY67 / January 7, 2013 10:23 AM PST
In reply to: Same for me

I've had my TV about a year and a half...I've never seen Smarthub completely unavailable and crashed like this. Pandora and vTuner has never had a lot of issues. I've run a few movies from Cinema Now and Vudu without any issues. However...the Vimeo app has had occasional buffering issues (resolved). The YouTube app is so pared down that I don't even use it. I'd been watching YouTube through the web brower...but that's getting slower and glitchier by the month. The D7000 browser is SLOW and does NOT like video.

Collapse -
Thanks
by pamlicopanther / January 7, 2013 11:03 AM PST
In reply to: is it normal

Thanks for the information. Encouraging to hear this does not seem to be the norm, but it is strange for it to be out so long. Just my luck to get a new player and there be problems preventing me from using it.

Collapse -
Ht E6730
by phillyknockout / January 7, 2013 7:09 PM PST
In reply to: Thanks

Same here. Just bought a new home theater by Samsung & Smart Hub went down before I could use it. It was pretty expensive so I'm not very happy right now. Worse thing is all my blu ray players are Samsung so now none of them work!

Collapse -
(NT) Unpinned as it appears they are back up.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 7, 2013 11:58 PM PST
Collapse -
I don't think it is
by pamlicopanther / January 8, 2013 1:35 AM PST

I just tried and nothing has changed???????

Collapse -
Could be other issues or areas.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 8, 2013 1:37 AM PST
In reply to: I don't think it is

It takes 24 hours on average for DNS propagation. I apologize for using a technical term but I've debated if going with a geeky internet system for consumers was a good idea before this.
Bob

Collapse -
It works
by pamlicopanther / January 8, 2013 10:46 AM PST

Looks like mine is working right. I reset it and got the interference message, but after a few attempts it finally started to work properly.

Collapse -
Smart hub problem
by pit_ns / January 7, 2013 10:24 AM PST

I still have problems with smart hub...wrong icons, missing applications, when this gets resolved...its really frustrating?

Collapse -
Smart Hub Problem
by Wilcopoifan / January 7, 2013 10:57 AM PST
In reply to: Smart hub problem

I just called Samsung and the woman I spoke to told me that the Smart Hub will be down for 3-4 weeks!

Collapse -
POOR SERVICE
by DIGBY67 / January 7, 2013 11:46 AM PST
In reply to: Smart Hub Problem

I just text-chatted with a rep...asked her if there was a smarthub outtage. Got the "what's your model #" script again...told her I've done that already and to ask her supervisor. Came back with "they're working on an issue...no ETA...not your TV...sorry about that and appreciate your patience." Told her they didn't appreciate anything about their clients otherwise they would have advised us via email or their website that there was a technical issue rather than forcing us to find out on another board. South Korean technology with North Korean customer service. How bout a heads up Sammy?

Collapse -
Ditto
by MPinvisible / March 3, 2013 7:22 AM PST
In reply to: POOR SERVICE

This is exactly the run-around I just got . . . we just purchased a new BD-E5900 today because our old one bit the dust (after only about 2 years, but that appears to be the new normal for lifespan these days, I guess). After the initial frustration and finally contacting Samsung Support - got the EXACT SAME run-around you mention above . . . so I start Googling and am finding these chat threads from months ago, although the rep I spoke with insisted this is "NOT an ongoing problem" (I was Googling while chatting with them and found one of these threads).

For folks who went through this two months ago, has the issue been resolved for your units? If it was resolved, has it recurred? If this is going to be an ongoing issue, the unit is going back and I will no longer be purchasing Samsung . . .

Collapse -
Smart hub not working
by diggaboy / March 3, 2013 7:52 AM PST
In reply to: Ditto

Assumed there was a problem with smart hub on my TV as we couldn't connect. It didn't occur to me that the Hub server was at fault, until reading this thread. Guess we'll have to wait for it to reinstate? Fortunately we could connect to iplayer tonight as AppleTV and an iPad came to the rescue!

Collapse -
Smart hub problem
by pit_ns / January 7, 2013 9:29 PM PST
In reply to: Smart Hub Problem

3 to 4 weeks??? Are you kidding me?!! Why do Samsung do what it does? I don't and cannot understand how so huge international company with so many resources can deal with those problems like that, it looks like they just don't want people to find out that somebody rolled out an update that broke one of the most important things in (their)my TV for 1200$(plust tax :)) which is Smart Hub!!! Maybe if they give me their new oled tv then i could forget about it....That is just crazy...

Collapse -
New Smart Hub???
by pamlicopanther / January 7, 2013 12:45 PM PST

Is this maybe due to a new Smart Hub version being released? I read some article whee Samsung was boasting about a new version of Smart Hub for 2013.

Either way this is frustrating. I cannot believe there has been no formal communication from Samsung detailing what is going on.

3 to 4 weeks???? That is ridiculous.

Collapse -
Smart Hub DOWN
by smhsh121 / January 7, 2013 4:31 PM PST

I have similar problem.
When I enter to smart hub, terms of service agreement not appear and smart hub not working anymore.
I called Samsung support but they don't know when this issue would solve.

Collapse -
Smarthub problems
by pit_ns / January 7, 2013 9:30 PM PST

3 to 4 weeks??? Are you kidding me?!! Why do Samsung do what it does? I don't and cannot understand how so huge international company with so many resources can deal with those problems like that, it looks like they just don't want people to find out that somebody rolled out an update that broke one of the most important things in (their)my TV for 1200$(plust tax :)) which is Smart Hub!!! Maybe if they give me their new oled tv then i could forget about it....That is just crazy...

Collapse -
appears to be working now
by cmorris0603 / January 7, 2013 10:01 PM PST

I fired up the Media Hub this morning and received the User Agreement... All of my apps have re appeared as well. I will try it again when i get home just to make sure. Not going to call it fixed just yet...

Collapse -
Still down for me
by pamlicopanther / January 8, 2013 1:30 AM PST

I just tried and nothing is working for me. Anybody else still having trouble???

Collapse -
still working for me.
by cmorris0603 / January 8, 2013 1:43 AM PST
In reply to: Still down for me

Just called home and had my wife start the smart hub. All apps are still showing and all appears to be working. I did a smart hub reset around 5am CST this morning and all my old apps came back.

Collapse -
Thanks for the info
by pamlicopanther / January 8, 2013 2:09 AM PST
In reply to: still working for me.

I had not thought to reset it. I just reset it and now I get the network interference message. I think this is the final straw.

Collapse -
Smart hub problems
by pit_ns / January 8, 2013 7:02 AM PST

I've just have checked it, it's not fixed, applications work fine but still some are missing, icons are missing and are incorrect... Unbelievable, it's like they don't really care about customers...

Collapse -
3rd party applications still appear to download/work...
by st4000 / January 8, 2013 8:06 AM PST
In reply to: Smart hub problems

Just a quick note, I too have had problems with a new Samsung TV and Bluray. Nothing updated. Thought the SmartHub thing was broken. The place I bought it from said they would take it back. But I held my ground because I was able to download somthing called SmartMythTV from a site that has nothing to do with Samsung. And as soon as I did, I could use the application with out any problems. At this point I was totally confused until I found this thread. So, the bad news is Samsung is (was?) down. But, hey, the good news is, even if they were, (evidently) you can still build and download your own SmartHub applications. Yea!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.