Samsung forum

Resolved Question

smart hub yoga

by sbdbsvls / January 14, 2013 5:01 AM PST

Cannot execise when the app keeps reloading.Bought tv jan 6 and hasnt worked at all. None of the apps load.

sbdbsvls has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: smart hub yoga
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: smart hub yoga
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by sbdbsvls

Collapse -
May I ask a few questions?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 17, 2013 8:08 AM PST
In reply to: smart hub yoga

Let's hear about the internet connection. Did you try it wired to the router and with the WiFi turned off?

I encountered a few systems last month where we found the owner's WiFi was being used by what do we call them? "Moochers."
Bob

Collapse -
Oops. Hit submit too fast.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 17, 2013 8:09 AM PST

Tell more about your connection.

Collapse -
Not wired
by sbdbsvls / January 17, 2013 3:03 PM PST

no ive not tried it wired. our home is small with an open loft over the living room.The tv is down stairs and pc and router are above.All open, now walls to go through and maybe 20-25 ft away.100.0 mpbs .Not sure wired would be and option.

Collapse -
add on
by sbdbsvls / January 17, 2013 3:09 PM PST
In reply to: Not wired

we live in the boonies there is nobody close to be using our wireless.If thats what you mean by "moochies"

Collapse -
Moochers are folk or devices that use the wifi
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 18, 2013 12:40 AM PST
In reply to: Not wired

Without you knowing it. A Windows laptop can mooch a connection (or munch?) as it downloads updates or is infected and doing God knows what.

That's why I always try it wired and the WiFi disabled. Just for a test to see if there is some other issue.
Bob

Collapse -
dish
by sbdbsvls / January 18, 2013 2:54 AM PST

I probably should add that we have a Dish Hopper. I turned everything off in the house except tv and hopper , and still slow. Would a poweline ethernet adpter work in our situation?

Collapse -
Can't say. But I have so little detail to work with.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 18, 2013 2:58 AM PST
In reply to: dish

For example last month had me looking at a netgear router with issues. It took no less than 3 things to get it sorted.

1. Rolled the firmware back a version.
2. Open the firewall for WiFi.
3. Set the WiFi speed to 150Mbps (300 was doing odd things.)

I''m not writing this is the case, cause or cure but your tech support should be looking at this.
Bob

Collapse -
Thank you
by sbdbsvls / January 18, 2013 3:35 AM PST

Ok thank you for all your help, We will look into a few things .

Collapse -
Answer
Re: smart hub yoga
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 15, 2013 6:12 AM PST

Hi sbdbsvls,

We had some issues with Smart Hub last week. Please let me know if you're continuing to face issues.

HD Tech

Collapse -
fitness
by sbdbsvls / January 15, 2013 7:41 AM PST
In reply to: Re: smart hub yoga

Yes i am. When i try to use the fitness app, it just stops and starts. Makes it kind of hard exercise that way. Netflix works but not the other fitness app or the 3d one.

Collapse -
Re: smart hub yoga
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 16, 2013 12:28 AM PST
In reply to: fitness

Hi sbdbsvls,

OK, sorry for not asking this in my post above, but what's your product model?

HD Tech

Collapse -
loading and loading
by sbdbsvls / January 16, 2013 11:19 AM PST

SAMSUNG 50ES6900 SLIM LED 108

Collapse -
Re: more details please
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 17, 2013 6:01 AM PST
In reply to: loading and loading

Hi sbdbsvls,

OK, so you have the UN50ES6900, right? What have you tried thus far: System Reset, Smart hub Reset, Firmware Update? Also, it's only the 3D app and fitness app as far as you know? Do they simply not launch, or do they crash? If they crash, when do they crash?

HD Tech

Collapse -
slow streaming
by sbdbsvls / January 17, 2013 8:04 AM PST

yes to all , ive tried everything mentioned. The apps dont crash they just keep stopping and loading . To be honest ive not tried any others but those two. Its to frustrating.

Collapse -
Re: more details please
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 18, 2013 1:36 AM PST
In reply to: slow streaming

Hi sbdbsvls,

So it's a buffering issue? They show some video and then continue to load and then loop this behavior? If so, what's your connection speed to your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?

HD Tech

Collapse -
Buffering
by sbdbsvls / January 18, 2013 10:25 PM PST

Yes , buffering . my connection speed is 100.0 Mbps

Collapse -
wired
by sbdbsvls / January 19, 2013 10:21 PM PST
In reply to: Buffering

went and bought cable and wired it and it still wont buffer samsung apps. Netflix works fine.

Collapse -
Re: wired and still buffering
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 21, 2013 5:43 AM PST
In reply to: wired

Hi sbdbsvls,

Just to confirm, you have 100 Mbps to your service provider, not just in your LAN?

Thanks for eliminating the wireless possibility by the way.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Smart Hub Fitness / Fitness VOD
by jimbosuave / January 18, 2013 1:15 PM PST

I'm having a similar problem with the exercise apps on my Blu-Ray player.
Model: BD-E6500-ZA
Firmware: BSP-E6500WWB-1057.1

I have tried resets on different levels, including a complete reset (holding down the stop button) and starting from scratch.

When I attempt to watch the exercise videos, I get a "connecting" then a "updating" notice. After a long wait 15-20 seconds) the "updating" message stops and the playback is very choppy. I have tried deleting the Fitness VOD app then reinstalling it in the store. I have also tried the reinstall option in the tools menu.

The buffering interrupts playback up to once every minute of playback, making a 10 minute routine almost impossible to perform with the video.

After the resets or the reinstallations, the pattern only changes in that in the first play I don't get the "updating" message (still hard to watch when it does start, however). On subsequent playback attempts, the "updating" notice reappears.

Collapse -
Re: Smart Hub Fitness / Fitness VOD
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 21, 2013 5:50 AM PST

Hi jimbosuave,

Thanks for this info. If you go into other apps that stream video, such as YouTube or Netflix, does it also have this issue? Also, what's your connection speed to your Internet Service Provider (ISP)? And is this a wired or wireless connection?

HD Tech

Collapse -
Smart Hub Fitness / Fitness VOD
by jimbosuave / January 21, 2013 7:23 AM PST

Other streaming apps work fine. Those that I use: Netflix, Vudu, and BBC News. They all work very well. You Tube can be inconsistent but it doesn't have the same symptoms (it does not have the cycle of "updating" messages, etc.)

This is a wireless connection through a Netgear router. I initially noticed that when I adjusted the router from a 130 mbps mode to a 300 mbps mode that the choppy playback on the Fitness apps improved significantly. This also cleared up playback problems on the HuffPost Live app (which I've since uninstalled, but it did work better). But now even when set in that mode I'm experiencing choppy playback again with Fitness VOD (along with the updating cycle that I mentioned).

The Fitness VOD app is version 2.912.

Just to see if things have cleared up I periodically check the Fitness VOD videos, and if anything they were worse today, buffering several times for every minute played.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 22, 2013 6:40 AM PST

Hi jimbosuave,

Thanks for all that info. You had said you get 300 mbps from your router, but what's the speed you pay for from your ISP? Generally, it will be an order of magnitude less than that.

HD Tech

Collapse -
by jimbosuave / January 23, 2013 12:45 AM PST

Sorry for the lack of clarity, and for omitting the connection speed.

I called Charter to double check the connection speed, they said 30 meg.

I just mentioned the router adjustment just because at first it seemed to make a difference. I had also switched the router channel from auto to channel 6 because I thought I might be getting interference from a Samsung soundbar with a wireless subwoofer (this was suggested in the soundbar manual). Again, these two changes seemed to make a difference with the fitness videos, but now that the problems have resumed perhaps I falsely assumed a cause and effect relationship.

The videos played a bit better this morning, with perhaps 3 to 5 buffering pauses through a 10 minute workout rather than 3 per minute of video.

However, after playing the Fitness VOD videos, the exercise progress today was not reported back to the Fitness app (it did not appear on the "Exercise Progress" chart). I have it linked to my Noom account, and the Noom-logged exercise did show up in the chart.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 23, 2013 3:35 AM PST

Hi jimbosuave,

OK, I'm going to escalate this to the appropriate team. So that I can have contact information for you, please click on my profile name and then go click the Email button in the upper right corner.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Recent Smart Hub Fitness / Fitness VOD problems
by jimbosuave / May 31, 2013 7:04 AM PDT

Hello again,

First, thank you for your help back in January. The Fitness apps were working very well until the most recent updates to the Fitness and Fitness VOD apps. The only suggestion I can get from Samsung support is to reset the Smart Hub, which does not work for this new problem.

In the Fitness app, any attempt to actually play the workout causes a crash that sends you back to the Smart Hub home screen.

If you try to play the videos from the Fitness VOD app (which won't record your progress, but at least you can watch them) you get other glitches. The latest versions of the Fitness VOD app (3.032 released yesterday) has a larger default image. When the video starts, the whole screen blinks into a grey visual noise as you hear the start of the soundtrack. Eventually the image pops back on.

My mother just bought a 2013 model blu-ray and initially had trouble installing the Fitness VOD app at all. But the most recent update installed properly on her model. My model (to save you from scrolling up to earlier in the thread) is BD-E6500-ZA and I'm now running firmware 1060. I'm now worried that my 2012 model is already out of date for app updates, could this be possible? Or should I patiently wait for corrections to both of these apps?

Any insight or advice about these problems would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

Collapse -
(NT) Responding by email -- HD Tech
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 4, 2013 4:20 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Still looking for a few details. Router make, model, ver's
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 23, 2013 12:53 AM PST

I'm leaving it up to the Ambassador to reveal if the app is known to be troublesome or not. But I reviewed the discussion so far and can't find what router this is as well as the cable modem.

I'm on TWC (another cable system) and didn't see much issue there however I'm seeing a lot of router issues. I don't want to tell all but one recent Netgear model had us searching for answers since it was updated and then odd things would happen.

Since I don't have the full picture of make/model/firmware versions I can't see if it's an issue I've run into. I noted the short list of what I change from time to time but without these details I'm left to wonder if it's one we've seen.
Bob

Collapse -
router
by sbdbsvls / January 24, 2013 5:09 AM PST

Netgear DGN2200 i dont understand alot so im getting very frustrated with it all.

Collapse -
Small world.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 24, 2013 5:17 AM PST
In reply to: router

My Netgear WNDR3800 had me jumping through a lot of hoops to get it to work reliably. I can understand why folk get frustrated with having to deal with an ISP, the network makers and now a TV.

You bring a good example where the collection of parts from all these different makers do make for a less than integrated experience. It's a shame that Smart TVs suffer from this but we'll see how it plays out over the next few years.

In short, this is all beta test stuff. Unlike a video player and TV, we're never sure this will work out in the field with all internet suppliers and network gear.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech Tip

Stuck without Internet and want to watch movies?

CNET shows you how to download movies and TV shows onto your device using Amazon Prime so you'll always be entertained.