Samsung forum

Smart hub not connecting to the internet

by fchamat123 / August 22, 2011 1:19 AM PDT

model # UA46D6600WR LED TV
ISP: DU (Dubai, UAE)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Smart hub not connecting to the internet
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Smart hub not connecting to the internet
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
smarthub wont connect
by htstvr / November 30, 2011 9:28 AM PST

So my smarthub was working just fine now it wont connect. I am fairly tech and I have done everything
to clear out the cache unpluging modem and router for 30 sec and all of that. From what I have been
reading everyone says just update your smart hub and its fixed! Well here is th problem I cant even
connect to the internet to get the update! Any help would very helpful!!!

All Answers

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 22, 2011 9:15 AM PDT

Collapse -
Samsung's Servers
by RKahl / August 28, 2011 12:02 AM PDT

I've been having problems also. It's not my network, it's Samsung's!

Collapse -
Smart Hu nor connecting to the internet
by Lecoa / September 13, 2011 10:32 PM PDT
In reply to: Samsung's Servers

Back in July I bought two new Samsung Smart Tv's (UE46D6517 & UE40D6515) for my livingroom and for my home office. When installing the first one I experienced some start up challenges getting Smart Hub to work but eventually it all worked well and it got connected to the Samsung services. I am from Denmark so Smart Hub quickly updated my Apps with Danish streaming services etc. It has been working well since then.
When I installed the the second tv on the exact same way as with the first I realised that even though my wifi-connection works I cannot make Smart Hub connect and update my apps. I constantly get the message (translated from Danish) "No network connection - try again later" even though I can open the Web browser and through that access the internet.
My local Samsung support is really no help as they believe that my router is the promblem or my network settings even though I several times have told them that I can access the Internet via the web browser on the tv.
When accessing "settings" in Smart Hub I can see that the menues are slightly different between the two tv's and I believe that there is a software bug in the system.
Now Samsung agreed to send out a technician to look at my problem. I will keep this threat updated with latest news in this case.

Collapse -
Network Interference
by techno-q / August 28, 2011 2:43 AM PDT

Usually this message means that at one time you were connected to your network and now you are not. I would suggest a power-cycle of the network; meaning.. unplug your router and modem (if you have both), or router/modem (if you have one device that acts as both)from the power source for 30 seconds. Plug the modem in first and let it come all the way up; then do the same with the router. You will have to reconnect to your network. Doing this should clear out any temp files in the router's cache and you should be able to access the internet with no problem.

Hope this helps,

Collapse -
Smart Hub is Down!!!
by sydnessfb / September 2, 2011 5:10 AM PDT

Just purchased a Samsung blu ray player, and could not access any apps, although settings confirmed I had a good wireless connection. Spoke with Samsung customer service and was told the Smart Hub is down. This topic was originally posted almost 2 weeks ago...I hope it hasn't been down all this time. I'm not feeling very confident in my new purchase!! I hope this isn't a common problem!

Collapse -
Smart Hub still down...
by mattkurz / September 4, 2011 6:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Smart Hub is Down!!!

I spoke with Samsung tech support today (9/4/11) and they acknowledged it was a smart hub issue. Oh well, guess we will just have to wait for an update on this issue...

Collapse -
by mattkurz / September 4, 2011 6:08 AM PDT

Oops, forgot to mention my stats...

Collapse -
New Purchase Samsung 6900 Smart Hub Not connecting
by ledstix524 / September 5, 2011 4:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Smart Hub is Down!!!

Collapse -
by fchamat123 / September 4, 2011 4:26 PM PDT

guys, dont ask me how, but my smart hub is connected again...

was out of the country on a 2 week holiday (Lebanon & Turkey if you're interested to know), when i came back, i turned on the TV and tried to use web browser (in smart hub) and it connected and updated and installed all the previous apps !

just like magic...

i know this might not help, but just thought i'd post that my issue is resolved

Collapse -
(NT) It appears the servers are back online.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 5, 2011 4:43 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) not mine, as of 400pm 9/5/11
by royboy67 / September 5, 2011 6:05 AM PDT
Collapse -
Not mine (also)
by ledstix524 / September 5, 2011 6:13 AM PDT

I've been troubleshooting all day trying to connect my smart hub, to no avail. To reiterate, have connected via my wireless network, cannot get connected hardwire. Even when I'm connected through wireless, cannot use smart hub.

Collapse -
(NT) Still not working for me...
by mattkurz / September 5, 2011 6:14 AM PDT
Collapse -
Sounds like it's up or down.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 5, 2011 6:44 AM PDT

Seems to vary with location.

Maybe they should reconsider this?

Collapse -
Sounds like it's up or down.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 7, 2011 5:40 AM PDT

If people don't mind answering,

Collapse -
Hopefully others will respond.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 7, 2011 6:13 AM PDT

Here I have a caching DNS and behind that we switched to Google DNS and well, I can hardly expect everyone to go to such extremes. Lookup failures are rare here.

As I wrote router firmware during the 90's this gave me a view under the hood and behind the scenes so my troubles are rare but it does help me understand why folk have trouble.

Collapse -
Smart Hub Issues
by bman_cnet / September 7, 2011 9:31 AM PDT

I'm based in Seattle, WA.

Network Settings says that I can connect to the Internet. When I go to the Smarthub screen everything looks good (i can even navigate around) but I can't select anything e.g. highlight Samsung Apps and click "OK" nothing happens, it doesn't even hang.

DLNA content works ok.

This is my second Samsung Blu-Ray. My BD-6500 works ok (it has no Smart Hub). My BD-5500 doesn't work (has Smart Hub). I even upgraded the firmware to 15 and still nothing. Worst thing is the Smarthub login form is completely broken. If I select it it loops round a "Network Interference" dialog box. You can't stop it without switching off the player.

This is really frustrating, I want to use it to access my Netflix account and I can't. It hasn't been working since I bought it on Sunday 9/4. Seeing as it's only 4 days old I'm really tempted to take it back to Costco and go get a Panasonic 210.

Please Samsung sort this out.

Apart from this forum, there is no information on this.

Collapse -
(NT) i'm in los angeles
by hkpandya / September 12, 2011 3:44 AM PDT
Collapse -
i'm in los angeles
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 12, 2011 10:21 AM PDT
In reply to: i'm in los angeles

Collapse -
Blinking Screen
by ledstix524 / September 14, 2011 12:32 AM PDT
In reply to: i'm in los angeles

I bought a Samsung 46'' LED 6900 and I finally got connected, but now the picture periodically blinks while streaming Netflix, or streaming from (sorry I love that show). I'm hoping it is a bandwidth / network issue, and not a problem with my TV. Has this happened to anyone else?

Joe Something

Collapse -
Netflix blinking
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 14, 2011 1:04 AM PDT
In reply to: Blinking Screen

Has open discussions with no clear reason why it doesn't happen to everyone. The sad news is that Netflix writes and issues that app so while I think you need to call Samsung (report it folk) the company that will have to fix it is Netflix. Some are unaware of this.

It's like your Dell computer with a buggy piece of software. Dell didn't write that.

Collapse -
found the fix!!
by hkpandya / September 14, 2011 2:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Netflix blinking

I know this sounds silly but you have to let your smart hub update......i was turning my system on and off and it would pop up and "available update"....well there was about 3 different updates and i had to restart my system over and over again. and its now its perfect!!!! Hope this helps guys!

Collapse -
Glad to hear that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 14, 2011 2:37 AM PDT
In reply to: found the fix!!

The Netflix Blink is one of those issues that follows devices around.

We have hopes Netflix would issue a fixed version and I'd be a little gunshy to write it's fixed for everyone now.

Collapse -
Netflix Blink
by ledstix524 / September 14, 2011 2:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Glad to hear that.

That's excellent. I will update Smart Hub and see if that works. I'm just happy it was not an issue with the TV itself. Thanks, all.

BTW this is the first time I have ever participated in a forum such as this (especially since this is my first major LED purchase). It's great.

Collapse -
How often is Smart Hub down?
by mapwu2 / April 25, 2012 5:15 PM PDT

I called Samsung support about my Smart TV (April 25, 2012) and was told their Internet site was down for scheduled maintenance . The support person said it would be 24 to 48 hours. I inquired about how often this occurs, and was told "not often". He said it wad down in January 2012 for a "few days". This is in Maryland, US.

Samsung: Do all smart TVs go through the same Samsung website? What is the frequency of 'down dates"? Why isn't there a posting on a Samsung website to inform customers about these down times and anticipated return to service times?

Collapse -
Samsung told us "Scheduled Maintenance"
by mapwu2 / April 25, 2012 5:05 PM PDT

We have a Smart TV (PN51E8000) that we purchased 3 weeks ago whose smart hub went down yesterday; no problems before then. I called Samsung support to troubleshoot the problem, and was told that their Smart Hub website went down for "scheduled maintenance" 30 hours ago. I was under the impression that the "scheduled" part of scheduled maintenance would allow them to alert customers. When I try to connect to Netflix or any other app, I get a message about my network being down, even though it is not, and an error code (error_model_bind) or (error_plan_001). I was told it will come back up in 24 to 48 hours. If it doesn't come back soon we'll return the TV.

I'm not even sure I understand why the hub has to connect to Netflix through their site, that seems like a fundamentally bad design for this very reason. In fact, we were able to watch Netflix on the TV through a connected computer, bypassing the (now) Not-So-Smart TV.

Collapse -
Scheduled Maintenance
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 27, 2012 12:51 AM PDT

Just thought I'd clarify that you're not longer experiencing any issues. The scheduled maintenance should only have been on 4/24/12 12:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m (EST), and you should have had an notification appear on your TV.

I apologize for your inconvenience; however, please let me know if you're still having any problems with your connection to Smart Hub.

--HD Tech

Collapse -
Smart Hub is not "updating"
by mpad80439 / May 12, 2012 10:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Scheduled Maintenance

I have a Samsung Blu-ray DVD player BD-D5700. I had similar issues to those identified in the above thread. Can no longer connect to Smart Hub. I disconnected everything - including, modem, router, and dvd player and reconnected by hard wire (i.e., not wireless). Restarted. Logged in to Smart Hub. Then, before I could access any apps, I received a message stating that "Smart Hub needs to be updated. Starting now...." The problem is the player freezes on the "Installing" screen and never completes the update/installation. I've tried on 5 separate occasions over various days. I even left the machine running on the "Installing" screen overnight to see if the update was just taking a long time, and the it just never completes the operation.
Can you offer any advice?

Collapse -
Same blu ray player...frozen on "installing"
by Porter1979 / May 13, 2012 7:10 AM PDT

Worked one time and finished Netflix episode
Signed up for blockbuster on demand thing and now I can't access smart hub at all
Network connection works, even updated software....
No clue, nervous about returning as I already activated all my accounts.....

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.