Samsung forum

Smart Hub Maintenance Alert

by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 1, 2013 3:31 AM PDT

Hi All,

Many have previously requested that there be an alert for downtime related to Smart Hub. Therefore, I thought it would be appropriate that I provide the following notification. If this is helpful, please let me know.

The Smart Hub server will be down for scheduled maintenance Monday, April 1 from 10:00 p.m. - 3:00 a.m. (EST).

During this time, the 2010 - 2012 Smart Hub service will not be available. 2013 Smart TV users, who have activated the Smart Hub service before the maintenance, will have access all panels except for Apps.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Smart Hub Maintenance Alert
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Smart Hub Maintenance Alert
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Smart Hub Downtime or Updates
by realperson22 / April 1, 2013 4:47 AM PDT

Yes, please notify us when maintenance is occurring or any other problems relating to not being able to connect to Smart Hub apps, etc. I tried last night (3/31) to get on and got the message of "Network Not Connected" so assumed something was up, so today (4/1) came to this site & saw the maintenance notice. THANKS!

Collapse -
Is there a way to subscribe for all SmartHub Maint alert?
by VirafG / April 1, 2013 2:01 PM PDT

It would be great to subscribe to receive email alerts for all SmartHub maintenance. does something like this exist?

Collapse -
Pop Up
by h0sti1e17 / April 1, 2013 2:16 PM PDT

I am fine with the maintenance, I know it has to happen from time to time. Just usually it is later than 10p est, but no big deal.

What I want to know, is how to keep the error from popping up every 2 minutes. Whether I hit cancel, or just let it go off the screen, it still pops up, I am finding it annoying, especially when playing video games.

Collapse -
pop up every 2 minutes
by philo13 / April 1, 2013 2:38 PM PDT
In reply to: Pop Up

Having the same problem.. what do i need to do to fix it?

Collapse -
Pop Up
by h0sti1e17 / April 1, 2013 3:40 PM PDT
In reply to: pop up every 2 minutes

I ended up updating the software, and that seemed to fix that pop up issue. I went about an hour without one. Like, I said, I don't mind maintenance, it needs to be done, I wish it would just say something like "Smart Hub Maintainence Check Back Soon" or something like that rather than error_bind_mode.

Collapse -
by snoitan42 / April 1, 2013 2:40 PM PDT

Yeah, it's very annoying. It makes you think they put in the B team for developing SmartTV.

Collapse -
by Rnikers / April 1, 2013 2:41 PM PDT

I completely agree this is getting very annoying when it keeps popping up while watching TV. This is the kind of thing that people remember when it's time to purchase a new television. Samsung would be smart to heed these complaints as I'm sure it would not be that hard of a fix and would help keep customers. If I have to put up with this every few months it will make me think hard about my next purchase. And I own seven samsung devices all under two years old.

Collapse -
Contacted Samsung!
by thevertman / April 1, 2013 3:26 PM PDT
In reply to: Agreed

I chatted with one of their reps just moments ago and he said the only answer to fix the pop-up problem is to reset the tv to factory defaults. Even though it says very clearly on screen that this action WILL NOT effect network settings. This is annoying enough that I just turned my tv off till hopefully the stupid maintainence is done.

Collapse -
Maybe Skype?
by Rnikers / April 1, 2013 2:49 PM PDT

Here is just a possible thought but I wonder if it may be Skype that somehow causes this issue. I have really only used Netflix, Skype and YouTube since purchase ( 3 weeks old) and other then some issue with one of the other preloaded apps or just the smart hub in general causing the problem maybe it could be some sort of push service with Skype? I would be interested to hear if everyone has the problem of it popping up on its own every few minutes or just when they try to get online for an app. I ( my problem is that it pops up on its own every few minutes)

Collapse -
how come we can't access the installed APPs.
by ramubdvt / April 1, 2013 5:11 PM PDT

How come we can't access the installed APPs seems to be very annoying feature. It *Netflix , youtube etc ) should be Independent of Samsung servers !!!. I was not aware of this fact before i buy the TV.

Please let us know how often this kind of maintenance will be done.

Also i want to know whether this APPs still work out side US.

Thanks for informing about maintenance .

Collapse -
Smart Hub Issue
by ron.saintg / April 2, 2013 11:48 PM PDT

Since we are dealing with technology, this will happen from time to time not to make the users suffer from this kind of issue but to enhance the user experience after the update. It's just like updating the OS of your Android phone or iPhone. Updating the OS on these phones ehnaces the user experience, adds more features, fix some bugs. Sometimes, a firmware upgrade is enough to enhance the user experience and fix some bugs but there are times they they need to shut down their operation.

Chances are, they did this in preparation of the new Smart Hub for their 2013 products.

Collapse -
by JerryGarza / April 5, 2013 7:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Smart Hub Issue

I was out on spring vacations. I turned on my Blu Ray today to watch Netflix it I get ERROR MODEL BIND.
I checked internet connections, reset router, reset to factory my blu ray. Nothing worked. I live in Mexico. Is there an issue with Smart Hub in Mexico currently? Please help. I bought my system in Best Buy and bought an extended warranty. Can I return it or exchange?

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.