Peripherals forum

General discussion

Slow PC when using Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

by Janny_tb / June 9, 2010 6:55 AM PDT

Hi there!

I've just recently purchased a Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, and I seem to have a problem or two with it. Since I've connected it to my PC (via USB port), the performance has drastically fell, and loading times have increased to 4 times of the normal. I assume it has something to do with my new keyboard, but I have found no solutions so far (when starting up windows with a regular PS/2 keyboard connected, it seems everything turns back to normal). Could you guys help me out? Sad

Basic System Information
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Slow PC when using Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Slow PC when using Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by pcs365_12 / June 10, 2010 3:39 PM PDT

Hi,
Check the drivers for usb are ok in device manager, check if the port is actually working fine by connecting a pen drive. Also please try with other usb ports on the back side of the computer which are directly connected to the motherboard.

Collapse -
by Janny_tb / June 21, 2010 8:44 PM PDT

I have already tried all the possible solutions you've previously mentioned, but the problem is still not solved. Even worse, my computer is dead slow even when the keyboard is disconnected. Any other ideas?

PS: Anyways, thanks for your help, pcs365_12.

Collapse -
Just a thought.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 21, 2010 8:51 PM PDT

I never have this issue but I think I know why. I never install the software Microsoft sends with the keyboard.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.