Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

Alert

SLow motion video player for website

by Youonlyliveone / December 17, 2012 6:24 PM PST

Hi I would like to know how to obtain a video player for my website that would be able to play slow motion and get zoom features hopefully...the web developers are asking for $750....I am not buying the price

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SLow motion video player for website
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SLow motion video player for website
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: player for website
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 17, 2012 6:39 PM PST

Players don't run on the website, they run on the 'agent' (client browser) or natively in the client OS (like iOS, Linux, Mac OS, Windows). But they might be downloaded run-time from your website.

You don't expect to find somebody here who can make it and integrate it in your website for less than $750, I hope?

Kees

Collapse -
Ofcourse not
by Youonlyliveone / December 18, 2012 1:05 AM PST
In reply to: Re: player for website

Hey thanks for replying bro...I was just hoping to get a name of a web video player similar to flowplayer but comes with slow mo and zoom ....That way I can just make them integrate the player into the website....As myweb builders are claiming there are no such web players available in the market and they would have to build one from scratch for me....The type of player I was looking for
http://www.1channel.ch/external.php?title=Lincoln&url=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5ub3N2aWRlby5jb20vP3Y9b2hxcGt3NndqbW90&domain=bm9zdmlkZW8uY29t&loggedin=0

Collapse -
Just for comparison.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 18, 2012 1:02 AM PST

A company I have connection to had to make a player for their product and the web player was to play the files their hardware created. 500,000 dollars later they had their plug-in. 750 is a bargain.

Can you consider HTML5 and learn about it's video support?
Bob

Collapse -
HTML5 does slow mo.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 18, 2012 1:24 AM PST
In reply to: Just for comparison.
Collapse -
500,000 is a bit over my budget
by Youonlyliveone / December 18, 2012 5:57 AM PST
In reply to: HTML5 does slow mo.

I apologize buddy I am not very well acquainted with the HTML5 or anything even remotely complex....So to your knowledge, are there any ready mate for sale video player with slow mo available in the market?

Collapse -
It took me 20 minutes to create my first HTML5 player.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 18, 2012 6:12 AM PST

There are plenty of web pages on making yours too and why would I need any ready made thing when it's free, out there, plenty of examples and just a little more than HTML code?

I can't write what I thought about the cost of that plugin versus moving to today's standards.
Bob

Collapse -
I understand
by Youonlyliveone / December 18, 2012 7:23 AM PST

But I am not remotety tech savy nor do I have any knowledge about web building...which is why I am stuck in this kanandra ...Working with the builders I feel like I'm deaf and my doc is trying to explain to me the reason behind my prostate surgery....Which is why I would rather just buy one and I looked for them but could only find one http://slomoplayer.com/slomoplayer/slomoplayer_download.html....this costs around 20 bucks so that would save me $730 but I was hoping you guys might be aware of any other...That is why I provided the link in the earier post, because I thought one of you guys could do some kind of magic and ascertain the name of the video player from the link to the website provided

Collapse -
The first HTML5 player I wrote is 14 lines long.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 18, 2012 7:33 AM PST
In reply to: I understand

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title>testvideo</title>
</head>
<body>
<video src="I-15bis.ogg" controls=""></video>
<video loop="loop" src="TEM-parapoxvirus-tomograph.ogv" autoplay=""
height="200" width="200"></video><br>
<br>
</body>
</html>

And I bet it can be shorter. I'm a little concerned here. That is, if you run a web site, how can you avoid a little HTML?

Sort of like gardening and never getting your hands dirty?
Bob

Collapse -
Updated to do SLOW MOTION!!!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 18, 2012 10:15 AM PST

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title>testvideo</title>
</head>

<script>
var video = document.getElementsByTagName('thisvideo')[0];
</script>
<body>
<video id="thisvideo" src="I-15bis.ogg"></video>
<br>

<input type="button" value="Unmuted" id="mutebutton" onclick="muteOrUnmute()">
<script>
function muteOrUnmute() {
thisvideo.muted = !thisvideo.muted;
mutebutton.value = thisvideo.muted ? 'Muted' : 'Unmuted';
}
</script>

<script>
var video = document.getElementsByTagName('video')[0];
</script>
<input type="button" value="Play" id="playpause" onclick="playOrPause()">
<script>
thisvideo.onpause = thisvideo.onplay = function(e) {
playpause.value = thisvideo.paused ? 'Play' : 'Pause';
}
function playOrPause() {
if (thisvideo.ended || thisvideo.paused) {
thisvideo.play();
} else {
thisvideo.pause();
}
playpause.value = thisvideo.paused ? 'Play' : 'Pause';
}
</script>

<input type="range" min="0" max="20" value="10" id="ratecontrol"
onchange="changePlaybackRate()">
<script>
var ratecontrol = document.getElementById('ratecontrol');
video.onratechange = function(e) {
ratecontrol.value = video.playbackRate;
}
function changePlaybackRate() {
video.playbackRate = ratecontrol.value / 10;
}
</script>
</body>
</html>

Very cool. Thanks for asking.

Collapse -
Never too late
by Youonlyliveone / December 18, 2012 3:37 PM PST

I actually play poker online for a living and decided to open a video website on my own something that I have been yearning for awhile...the website as I mentioned is a still under construction...

Collapse -
The updated version is longer because I added
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 19, 2012 12:48 AM PST
In reply to: Never too late

Play, Pause, Mute along with the Slow-Mo and Time Lapse speed control.

No external plugins were used. If your web authors can't do what I did in 20 minutes you may want to ask them to catch up a little.

I'd expect your entry level web author to take a day. I have an advantage that I've been programming for decades and know I have to keep learning. When we needed video playback I was there to kick the web author into gear.
Bob

Collapse -
Not helping
by Youonlyliveone / December 25, 2012 4:11 AM PST

All I want is the name of ready video player,mate...It is like I am asking you for the name of a good dentist for a canal root and you are telling me how to to do it myself...

Collapse -
It's worse than that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 25, 2012 4:38 AM PST
In reply to: Not helping

There are too many out there but you may have requirements on price and ease of use that I can't fulfill.

In this case since the simple player I updated to give you slow-motion as an example of how no plugin is required tells me your web author is who you need to find this.

750 bucks seems cheap to me given my experiences with such over the years. I shared the cost of the player we had developed and later how we moved to something a bit more native and EASY.

This is not dentistry. It's HTML. I don't want to upset you and this is now my answer. Pay the price, get it done.
Bob

Collapse -
Call it Like it is
by Youonlyliveone / December 25, 2012 8:24 AM PST
In reply to: It's worse than that.

No problem man, I appreciate the honesty,it is the least I can ask

http://slomoplayer.com/ They are selling this one for around 20 bucks...What do you reckon?

Collapse -
And that still requires more HTML than I use.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 25, 2012 8:37 AM PST
In reply to: Call it Like it is

Doesn't seem any easier or harder to me. And I'd be out 20 bucks.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.