Samsung

Question

Skype Camera

by baburajkk / June 17, 2012 11:41 PM PDT

Hi, I am using samsung EH5300 40" led smart tv and wonder how can I connect the webcam for using with skype. when I connected my logitech webcam to the usb port, it was not taken nor there was any indication of new unit connected to the tv. please let me know if there is any particular web cam which samsung tv identifies and get loaded when connected.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Skype Camera
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Skype Camera
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Skype Camera
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 18, 2012 1:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Skype Camera

baburajkk,

Thanks for your question. You'll need to buy the Samsung VG-STC2000 Skype TV Camera. You can find it at many online retailers.

Hope that helps!

-- HD Tech

Collapse -
Skype Camera and mic also
by baburajkk / June 18, 2012 3:33 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Skype Camera

HD Tech,

Thanks for your reply and hopeful that the camera would be available in Qatar.

also, please let me know how can I connect a microphone to the tv to speak in skype. I could find only one socket for the earphone and not for the mic.

Thanks in advance

Collapse -
It already has one.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 19, 2012 12:29 AM PDT

baburajkk,

The camera has it built-in. Also, I thought you meant you had a UN40EH5300. I suppose you have a UA40EH5300R, right? The accessories may be different. Here's a link here to support for this product in your country: http://www.samsung.com/ae/support/model/UA40EH5000RXZN

-- HD Tech

Collapse -
Which one is compatible with UA40EH5300R -WIS 09/10/12 ABGN
by dhinakaran81 / November 7, 2012 8:11 PM PST
In reply to: It already has one.

Dear HD Tech,
The FAQ "FAQs - [240417] How can I set up Network Connection? " under the support link you have mentioned above (http://www.samsung.com/ae/support/model/UA40EH5000RXZN) says to use WIS09ABGN as the linkstick but the e-manual says for the model UA40EH5300R one should use WIS10ABGN or WIS12ABGNX. Which one is ocrrect?

Thanks in advance.

Collapse -
Re: Which one is compatible with UA40EH5300R -WIS 09/10/12 A
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 8, 2012 12:17 AM PST

Hi dhinakaran81,

Thanks for your message. But just so you know: if you want Samsung support, I support US products and customers. So while I can't help you directly, if you want Samsung help, I suggest you try the support options available at the link you provided above.

HD Tech

Collapse -
skype camera for eh5300 40'' led smart
by D_TJITRO / April 24, 2013 11:26 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Skype Camera

i know that the vg-stc 2000 is compatible but is the vg-stc 3000 also compatible for this particular model?

Collapse -
Re: skype camera for eh5300 40'' led smart
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 25, 2013 1:31 AM PDT

Hi D_TJITRO,

Thanks for your question. The documentation I have states that the VG-STC3000 is supported by the ES6100 and above for 2012 LED models. However, that's all I can for certain. Will I say the the EH5300 is not supported? No, I won't. So if you feel like buying it and trying it out, feel free, but I cannot promise that it'll work.

HD Tech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.