Mac Hardware forum

General discussion

**SINGLE PROCESSOR G5 VS PENTIUM 4/PENTIUM M

by thiagofl84 / November 12, 2005 4:55 AM PST

Hey Guys,

Here's the thing, I just switched from a Pentium M 1.75 1GB RAM 128 Video to an iMac G5 (iSight) 1.9 Ghz 1GB DDR2 RAM. Now I have searched online for a comparison in performance between a Pentium 4/Pentium M to a Single Processor G5. All comparisons are made with the PowerMacs which are a Dual Processor so its impossible to know how fast a Single Processor G5 is.
Resuming my question, how would a 1.9 GHZ G5 Single Processor be compared to a Pentium 4 and Pentium M in performance and GHZ wise? (I know Apple uses different GHZ forms and MHZ forms but in general what would it compare to??)

Thanks in advance....

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: **SINGLE PROCESSOR G5 VS PENTIUM 4/PENTIUM M
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: **SINGLE PROCESSOR G5 VS PENTIUM 4/PENTIUM M
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
How about a single post?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 12, 2005 5:29 AM PST

Which discussion do we carry this forward in?

Collapse -
Does it really matter?
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / November 12, 2005 6:16 AM PST

Given that you have already changed out one machine for a "slower" one, how will doing the comparisons help you?

If I say that the 1.9 Ghz iMac G5 with iSight is streets ahead of the same speed Pentium M, will it make you feel good?
If it does, then it is.
OR
If I say the the 1.75 Ghz Pentium M is steets ahead of the same speed G5, will it make you feel good?
If it does, then it is.
Do you intend on going back to CompuUSA for another machine. If the machine does the job that you want it to do, at the speed you want it to, then leave it at that.

BTW, dual posts do not work like dual processors. One gets locked up

P

Collapse -
Get a life dude....
by thiagofl84 / November 12, 2005 6:53 AM PST
In reply to: Does it really matter?

If it does or not make me feel better, is none of your concern. My question was pretty clear and if you can't answer it, someone else will. Thank God these posts are monitored by Cnet, if not I would tell you off so bad. Get a life man!

PS: You are probably a fat, ugly looking dude who spends all day checking new posts on these forums to practice your stupid wannabe cool replies to make people look stupid....GET A LIFE!

Collapse -
Ban requested.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 12, 2005 8:40 AM PST
In reply to: Get a life dude....

thiagofl84 is not following the forum policies. The message received in private has me asking for a ban.

These forums don't tolerate such behaviour.

If you want to be here all you need to do is apologize.

Bob

Collapse -
Such Behavior? What about your rude reply?
by thiagofl84 / November 12, 2005 9:43 AM PST
In reply to: Ban requested.

I am not apologizing to you. I was responding to your rude reply to my question. If Cnet bans me I will make sure I'll get to the bottom of this. I, in any moment used prophanities, so there is no reason why I should be banned.PERIOD!

Collapse -
Done deal.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 12, 2005 11:43 AM PST

Please read the forum policies. Your posts and emails are forwarded to the powers that be.

If you want to be here, be nice.

If not, we'll show you the door.

Cheers,

Bob

Collapse -
Ok...
by thiagofl84 / November 12, 2005 11:49 AM PST
In reply to: Done deal.

No Prob...They should also show you the door and fire you for being " so nice" . Just because you are a moderator doesn't mean that you have to make smart (rude) replies to people.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.